3D printing forums

1. General

1. Official news

Updates from Ultimaker HQ

1. UltiMaker Cura

The world's most popular 3D printing software. Made together with the community. 

Our line of reliable 3D printers 

Thingiverse is the world’s largest online library of 3D printable digital designs.

Explore this never-ending world of choice

1. Improve your 3D prints

Help, tips & tricks

Discuss and learn about CAD & part optimization

Food & beverages, Architecture, Engineering, Manufacturing, Education & Research

1. What have you made

Share your latest project

Introductions and 'how was your day?'

Inside information about how and where to buy

1. Nederlands

Welkom op het Nederlandse Ultimaker forum

Herzlich willkommen im deutschsprachigen Forum

Bienvenido al foro en español

Bienvenue sur le forum francophone

Se sei in grado di leggere questo, sei nel posto giusto

これを読めれば、ここが正しい場所です。

• The two aren't mutually exclusive. Not all cows have spots. They just need to be a colour that blends in. Or any cow could just jump in a bath full of paint. Monoscopic vision has its advantages. It means a stealth cow couldn't fool your depth perception (like those "magic eye" pictures) to appear to be in a different location than they actually are. Depends how long until you plan to put it back in. You need to keep it moist. Use some preservative free eye drops if it's going to be a while.
    • @Slashee_the_Cow - This one has questions. It might be a regional thing but don't cows run in "herds" rather than "hordes"? Would a stealth cow have to change the color of their spots?  A chameleon cow? Also (just so I'm clear on this) would keeping an "eye out" for a stealthed cow actually work?  I mean their stealthy and hard to see right?  Logic would seem to indicate that removing an eye would cut the possibility of actually seeing a stealth cow just about in half. Would I need a pirate patch to cover the hole where the missing eye used to be? I'm going fishing now.  These things will probably keep me awake.
    • Easy for you, Difficult for me with my fat fingers, but I got it. There's actually a much better video on youtube:  
    • did you have any solution to this? I have a similar issue
    • There's a (reasonably) easy way you can increase the wall thickness on the sleeves with the whole piece being a single model. Here I've combined all the parts into a single STL file: Now we need a cylinder - you can whip one up in most programs in about five seconds or just use this one I whipped up in OpenSCAD in about five seconds: cylinder.stl Now add the cylinder to the scene: These things are the same colour so it's going to be impossible to see which is which... we're turning it into a modifier anyway, so with the cylinder selected open the Per Model Settings tool and click the third button at the top: Don't worry about all the values there, we'll get to them later. But for now, our cylinder is transparent so we can actually tell the two apart: Okay, it's a bit big. And in the wrong spot. We need to make sure it's in the same place as the gear, so click the gear and open the move tool: It's the first object I added to the scene, so it's in the centre by default. So now we just move the cylinder to the same position, click it and in the move tool enter the coordinates 0, 0, 0. It's still too big, so open the scale tool  and turn off Uniform Scaling. Set the X and Y values (in the text box) of the diameter of the area you want to change and and lower the Z to make it a bit shorter (it's alright if it's a bit taller than your gear it doesn't matter): Now if we look in the preview view the whole model has the same walls: (and that transparent bit at the top is just the cylinder we're using as a modifier) Select the cylinder, open Per Model Settings again: All those 0 values showing in yellow means "this isn't being changed". But we want to increase the wall thickness! Set it to whatever you want. I want 2mm of walls! Now if we look at the preview... that's one phat centre: You need to group the gear and the cylinder modifier like I showed earlier. If you want multiple gears in one print, group them first, then multiply the group. I'm attaching the one I just did but please do it yourself, it really helps the memory to practice doing it yourself. CCT_SingleGear.stl CCT_SingleGear_Modifier.3mf
  • Topics