3D printing forums

1. General

1. Official news

Updates from Ultimaker HQ

1. UltiMaker Cura

The world's most popular 3D printing software. Made together with the community. 

Our line of reliable 3D printers 

Thingiverse is the world’s largest online library of 3D printable digital designs.

Explore this never-ending world of choice

1. Improve your 3D prints

Help, tips & tricks

Discuss and learn about CAD & part optimization

Food & beverages, Architecture, Engineering, Manufacturing, Education & Research

1. What have you made

Share your latest project

Introductions and 'how was your day?'

Inside information about how and where to buy

1. Nederlands

Welkom op het Nederlandse Ultimaker forum

Herzlich willkommen im deutschsprachigen Forum

Bienvenido al foro en español

Bienvenue sur le forum francophone

Se sei in grado di leggere questo, sei nel posto giusto

これを読めれば、ここが正しい場所です。

• i have been searching for this too. Maybe one solution would be to design a boss on the surface you want to fill from, have the boss att the top when printing and pause/stop the print at the last layer before the boss
    • Installing up to version 5.3.1 works fine.  Including installing it to a custom location, in my case the D drive.  I'm installing it onto an Alfawise Z83 tiny PC, that lives in the garage with the 3D printer.  I access it by remote desktop. The PC only has 32GB of internal storage, barely enough for Windows 10 Home (WinPE version), since Windows is a disk hog, so I have installed a 128GB SSD via an internal USB port, HDD D:\, and put all my applications on D:. If you try to install v5.4 and up you get the attached error message: Error message from 5.4 and above.pdf This message results from a call to a non-existent handle in the QTWidgets DLL, distributed with the version. If version 5.3.1 is installed, it can be started correctly.  If v>5.4.0 is installed *on top of* v5.3.1 (same directory), version 5.3.1 won't start, and throws the same error message.  Installing on top of another installation isn't kosher, but it is an interesting experiment showing that the QTwidgets DLL is the problem. It should be noted that I had v5.7.0 running on this PC.  This PC has been used this way since v4.5, or so, and I just added the new versions as they came out.  When I added the 128GB SSD, I damaged the OS image, and had to replace it.  Since then I have been unable to reproduce the functioning installation. Nevertheless, v5.3.1 installs and runs *every time*, v>5.4.0 never runs after installation. My installation of Windows 10 Home is completely up to date, so this isn't a Windows staleness issue (polemics aside).  I don't have Python installed on this machine, but the error is the call to a non-existent handle in the QTwidgets DLL, not Python. There is clearly a problem with a call to a non-existent handle in the QTwidgets DLL distributed with versions >5.4.0.
    • Merci Alain_D  de m'avoir aussi conseillé 🙂
    • Bonsoir GregValiant,   Merci pour votre réponse.    J'ai imprimé 2 objets, et les impressions se sont très bien passées, jusqu'à 100 %.  J'en ai tenté une 3ème mais au 3/4 de l'impression, la buse a tapé dans l'objet en passant de la tour d'amorçage vers l'objet. Du coup, mon objet s'est décollé.    Le problème d'arrêt de la température à 98% de l'impression est donc apparemment résolu et cela grâce à vous. Depuis 5 mois que j'ai cette imprimante, personne n'avait su me donner LA bonne solution. Je croise les doigts pour que les prochaines impressions n'apportent plus ce problème !   Un ENORME merci à vous 🤩 Je saurai à qui m'adresser en cas d'éventuels futurs problèmes ☺️😉  
  • Topics