Philips Led (GU10) lamp holder that fits in ceiling 1.0

(0 reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

I bought these nice Philips Led lamps couple of years ago and they were supposed to fit into my ceiling where I measured free height of around 8cm which was enough for them to fit. Unfortunately, not every hole did have the same free height so several of them didn't fit. As a result, for a long time those lamps were simply hanging there as I didn't want to buy any new ones (see photo). Having a 3D printer now, I thought of making my own design where the lamps would fit and still look good on the ceiling. Since I like the look of the lamps (and somehow want to be careful about the heat they do produce), I've chosen for an open design. The design consists of 2 parts having a lamp holder and the cover part which you simply push into the ceiling.

I already noticed 2 things with it which I'm sure can still be improved being:

(1) The cover might get little loose since it's just being pushed into the ceiling without any clips or so

(2) The holder / cover does not push the lamp into a straight position necessarily so you need to ensure it's straight manually (combining the holder / cover in a better way could probably solve that) But overall, it does the trick and looks ok to me.

Any suggestions / ideas welcome.

Shared on YouMagine

User Feedback