All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. The Z offset doesn't change on the screen, it is at 0.00 when the print start, i have to manually change the z offset to correct the height after the print start, here's a picture of a mark i made on the threaded rod correctly aligned in the home position, when i start the print, notice how the position of the mark change. (See the black little line next to the opening of the collar on the threaded rod) It does happen to all the g codes.
  3. no. If you are seeing the z offset value changing on the display between manually setting it and running the gcode, you have something very wrong in the printer or in the gode. It is possible that you have a busted mainboard that is corrupting the register (there are a pile of ways this can happen) for z offset or the code has a line it in that setting it (that should be harder to do with marlin which I'm guessing you are using). does this happen with ALL your gcode or only one file?
  4. Hallo, vielen Dank und Entschuldigung für meine verpätete Antwort. Mit der Zurücksetztung des Profils meinst du die Werkseinstellung des Druckers? Mit der Kalibrierung ist die x-Y Achse gemeint? Den Abstand zur Platte habe ich bereits mehrfach eingestellt. Leider immer wieder mit diesem Ergebnis. Für eine weitere Hilfestellung wäre ich dankbar. Gruß.
  5. So since the CR Touch does not do auto Z offset and won't use the Z limit switch, hopefully that will solve my problem. Was that your point ?
  6. Today
  7. Wire printing was removed in Cura 5.4. According to the release notes, it was "broken and barely used". You could try Cura 5.3 (https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/releases/tag/5.3.0), or let us know what you mean by "it is no longer working" and perhaps we can help you to (also) get that version to work again.
  8. Hi there. I have made some great prints using that experimental wire mode. With Cura 5.x it disappeared. Running 4.13.1 seems to be no longer possible, so what can I do? I have 4.13.1 still installed, as Cura does not overwrite on updates. But when I try to start version 4.13.1, it is no longer working. Any Ideas? Has anybody also used that model? Regards, Uwe (Germany)
  9. Some more updates - I figured out that my problem was with the 1st feeder original lever. It was not puttying enough pressure on the filament or something. Which is weird because the 2nd one is great. As previously mentioned - The 2nd feeder have a "Lazy Lever" (UM2+ Lazy Lever by sneakypoo - Thingiverse) and the 1st one had an Original one. This is because when trying to change the 1st feeder's lever to a lazy one, it failed to print almost every time. Something got me to suspect the lever again and I printed this one (1.75MM CONDUCTIVE FILAMENT FEEDER for ULTIMAKER by osdoyi - Thingiverse) instead. And it now works PERFECTLY! Three issues though - The filament is VERY hard to insert into the feeder. Almost no play with the new angle, even when on lowest pressure setting. There's no more 2.85mm option as the 1.75mm barely goes in now. The wedges (WedgeBot/TheWedge) no longer work. So I sent a message to the Lazy Lever designer asking for a mod that will make the lever more like the other one but with the lazy part. Unfortunately I'm no great modeler and don't know how to do it myself. So long story short - now it prints great and FAST! With all the friction in the world holding the filament tight, I can now print at speeds of 150-200mm @ 0.2 layer height. Before 70-80 was the max.
  10. Sorry for the delayed reply, I was out of town and far from the printer and PC. As for the heat break you've mentioned - where is it? That's the area just before the nozzle? I got so many problems there, So now I'm just using a longer tube and push it all the way inside the nozzle. Tried 1.75mm nozzles too but the 3mm are somehow better... Added some pics to show you how I converted the printcore. It's orange because the original black parts got broken and I found that it is not getting too warm so it is now printed in CPE and works great. And the tube got replaced with a new one, don't worry 😉
  11. If you just did your first ever firmware install but it did not hurt, you're doing better than I did 🙂 My next suggestion would be "do a factory reset of the settings" - I'm guessing it's somewhere in the menus, I just couldn't tell you where. Oh, and I only just realised I should mention, at least on the Ender-3 V2 Neo (which comes with a CR-Touch preinstalled) but probably any Ender-3 v1 or v2 that the CR-Touch does not do auto Z offset. It exclusively does ABL. I don't know about a BL-Touch, I've never used one. The Ender-3 V3 series does do auto Z offset, but that's because it has force gauges under the bed which measure the pressure from the levelling probe.
  12. The StartUp Gcode is very machine dependent. I used to have separate printers for PLA, PETG and TPU because I wanted different StartUp's depending on the material and speeds. With the StartUp now able to handle logic I'm taking advantage. This makes adjustments to the StartUp per the current Cura settings. That makes it ambidextrous and I now only have one printer defined. ;--------------------------StartUp Gcode G21 ; Metric Units G90 ; Absolute Movement M82 ; Absolute Extrusion M220 S100 ; Reset FeedRate M221 S100 ; Reset FlowRate M140 S{material_bed_temperature_layer_0} ; Start heating the bed {'M104 S175 ; Standby while bed heats' if material_bed_temperature_layer_0 > 65 else ';M104 ; No standby'} {'M190 S' if material_bed_temperature_layer_0 > 65 else 'M140 S'}{material_bed_temperature_layer_0} ; Bed wait if over 65 M109 S{material_print_temperature_layer_0} ; Hot End Temperature G92 E0 ; Reset E G28 X Y ; Home XY axes G1 F2700 Z10.0 ; Move Z G0 F{speed_travel*60} X1.0 Y20 Z0.3 ; Move G1 F{speed_print*60*2/3} X1.0 Y200.0 E15 ; First purge line G0 F{speed_travel*60} X3.0 Y200.0 ; Move G1 F{speed_print*60*2/3} X3.0 Y20 E30 ; Second purge line {";G1 F" if "TPU" in material_type else "G1 F"}{retraction_retract_speed*60} E28 ; Retract if not TPU G92 E0 ; Reset Extruder G1 F2700 Z12.0 ; Move Z Axis up G4 S1 ; Wait for booger to solidify G0 F{speed_travel*60} X3.0 Y35 Z.35 ; Move over G0 F{speed_travel*60} X3 Y50 Z0.35 ; Wipe ;--------------------------End of StartUp
  13. I just did my first ever firmware install, however it did not help, i just ordered a cr touch, ill install that tomorrow and see how it goes thanks for your help
  14. Yesterday
  15. Have you tried flashing/reflashing the latest firmware? If there's a firmware file on the SD card that has a filename different to the last one you installed, it considers it new and installs that. BTW: "Improve your 3D prints" is not "Ender-3 Support Forum" so I'm moving this to "third party products & modifications"
  16. On my E3V3SE I find when I do that I have the extruder idling for a while waiting for the bed to finish heating, and the bed heating is a roadblock in my startup code since I like to home when it's hot (it's a PC metal bed, so it will technically be slightly larger when heated, but this is one of my many cases of "it works in theory, so I'm doing it" rather than the "in practice, it won't make a damn difference" line of thinking). My bed seems to take interminately long to heat up (it's probably average), but if I only start heating the extruder once the bed is hot, then I'm waiting for that after it homes and moves into drooling position it takes a while for the extruder to finish heating, so I did this: M190 S{material_bed_temperature_layer_0 - 15} ; Start heating the bed M104 S{material_print_temperature_layer_0} ; Get the extruder going M190 S{material_bed_temperature_layer_0} ; Finish heating the bed G28 ;Home
  17. I have a brand new S7 that is having this issue. When i hit sync, it just spins infinitely. Tried the USB method but Ultimaker does not recognize the material profile. No news on the fix? Running Cura 5.6.0
  18. Same issue here. Window is transparent with Nvidia 550.67-2, Cura and 5* version, ArchLinux, Wayland, Plasma or Gnome. Start either using X11 works fine. Cura 4.13.1 works fine under Wayland. However, running Cura 5.6.0 in Wayland on Debian 12 stable, Gnome 44.8-1, it works fine. A clue?
  19. It isn't an override as such. The keywords in the StartUp tell Cura that the temperatures are being handled. When that is the case the automatic "Prepend" doesn't get inserted.
  20. Unfortunately "One at a Time" is not available for multi-extruder printers when more than a single extruder is enabled. You would need to disable Extruder 2. If you happen to be using Extruder 2 for a model or for support then you are out of luck.
  21. Super merci pour les infos je vais regarder est modifier les valeurs
  22. Hey guys, i need help with a problem i have on my ender3v2 printer. My printer is literally just randomly adjusting it's offset when i start a print. So every time i start a print, i have to manually change the Z-offset position while the printer is doing the initial strip. It can go from -.01 to - 1.50 .. (it is always too low) The bed is correcly aligned and i know for sure that the home position is always the same before the print start because i made a mark on the z threaded shaft and it always match the other mark on the collar . The problem started when during a print a made a pause to switch filament, and after this the nozzle came in contact with the print. Pretty sure the problem is not from the slicer gcode because when i use old gcode that i was using before the problem started, the height problem is still there. Other that than that the printer works fine but i'm just getting tired of fine-tuning the z offset in a rush when the print starts, i also want to buy/install a bl touch and id rather solve this problem before i make the install of the BLtouch Thanks guys !!
  23. Burtoogles work on "discreet infill lines" looks really interesting. I will try to start a dialogue with him to find out what is possible with the existing code and if there are other possibilities such as the Honeycomb I was working on. I did get it to work to a degree but it was kinda hard to get the diagonal cell walls to be generated with only one line. I'm certain this and even more optimal solutions can be solved. The biggest problem I have in regards to this stuff is understanding how to install and configure software. I know what I would like to see as far as printed structures and how the slicers tool path should move but (for example looking at the smartavionics git page I have no idea how to download what to download and how to use if I was to download!
  24. @Dadkitess, no, unfortunately we rarely print with PETG so far.
  25. I have now downloaded and testet 5.7.0-beta.1 The objects list is there. But unfortunately I do not get these alternatives in the drop down menu inside the objects list.
  26. Thanks a ton! I didn't know the startup Gcode field overrode the default commands. Seems to be working great now. 👍
  27. Go to "Manage Printers" and "Machine Settings". You want to edit the "StartUp G-Code". Cura will always put the heating commands in if there are no "replacement patterns" in the startup. This is based on the Ender 3 Startup Gcode. My changes are in bold. ; Ender 3 Custom Start G-code G92 E0 ; Reset Extruder M220 S100 ; Reset the feed rate M221 S100 ; Reset the flow rate M140 S{material_bed_temperature_layer_0} ; Start heating the bed M104 S{material_print_temperature_layer_0} ; Start heating the nozzle G28 ; Home all axes G0 F600 Z5 ; Move up to ooze M190 S{material_bed_temperature_layer_0} ; Wait for the bed M109 S{material_print_temperature_layer_0} ; Wait for the nozzle G1 Z2.0 F3000 ; Move Z Axis up little to prevent scratching of Heat Bed G1 X0.1 Y20 Z0.3 F5000.0 ; Move to start position G1 X0.1 Y200.0 Z0.3 F1500.0 E15 ; Draw the first line G1 X0.4 Y200.0 Z0.3 F5000.0 ; Move to side a little G1 X0.4 Y20 Z0.3 F1500.0 E30 ; Draw the second line G92 E0 ; Reset Extruder G1 Z2.0 F3000 ; Move Z Axis up little to prevent scratching of Heat Bed G1 X5 Y20 Z0.3 F5000.0 ; Move over to prevent blob squish" ;End of StartUp The "reset" lines are in case you happened to tune a previous print from the LCD. They set the printer back to the default 100% feed and flow rates.
  1. Load more activity