All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. das ganze ergibt dann ja null Sinn. ich will doch nich 20 Druckprofile haben. ich glaube ich werde mal versuchen ob der Prusaslicer mit dem drucker umgehen kann... Trozdem Danke für die Antwort.
  3. It could be the power brick or it could be the cpu. I suspect it's the power brick as those die more often. You can prove it's the bed by not using the heated bed. You can use painters tape on the glass, clean the painters tape with Isopropyl alcohol to remove the waxy surface of the tape (otherwise parts won't stick). Re-level as the tape has a thickness to compensate for. Try to do a print. If the computer doesn't reset then the problem was with the power supply. Make sure the heated bed temp is set to zero when doing the test! To me it really looks like the power supply. They cost about $90 USD. If you want a cheaper solution, note also that the printer is using the most power when it is heating up. You can force the printer to use less energy with some special firmware for the UM2: https://github.com/TinkerGnome/Ultimaker2Marlin/releases/tag/V19.03.1 Download the hex file about 5th blue link from the bottom. Make sure it says "plus". NOT "dual". Tinker-MarlinUltimaker2plus-19.03.1.hex You need a USB connected from the printer to your computer to install firmware. You can use Cura (or arduino ide) to install custom software. It will ask for this hex file. Once the new firmware is installed, find the "power budget" feature. I believe the default budget is: nozzle: 25W bed: 150W total budget: 175W Only mess with the total budget. Lower that by 50W (50 watts). That will reduce the power only to the heated bed.
  4. Today
  5. Weil das Druckprofil nicht mit dem Materialprofil zusammen hängt. Wenn ich jetzt z.B. im Materialprofil von PLA was anlege und dann nachher ein anderes Material wechsle, übernimmt er das nicht. Man muss da vorher entweder das richtige Material wählen und DANN erst das Profil anlegen, oder man macht alles im PLA Profil und stellt da alles so ein wie mans braucht für das jeweilige Material (wie ich z.B., ich pfeif da komplett auf eigene Materialprofile, macht null Unterschied).
  6. Die offenen Fragen kann ich aktuell nicht beantworten. Wegen der Problematik Düsenversatzsondierung kann ich leider nichts Drucken und die Druckköpfe nicht kalibrieren. Auch ein Wechsel der Druckköpfe bracht kein Erfolg. Die Druckplatte habe ich zum wiederholten mal nivelliert. Leider erscheint diese Fehlermdeldung immer wieder.
  7. I really love the autolevelling of my S5. But still, hasn't anyone made a plugin or something that makes the S5 (etc) skip the autolevelling, sometimes when printing a few very small parts after each other it wouldn't be needed and could save a big portion of the time.
  8. Which settings in Cura need to be changed in order to prevent an excessive amount of burnt black crust forming on the nozzle when printing with PVA? I am using an Ultimaker S3, and only have this buildup of black debris form when printing with PVA. How can we fix this issue without causing adhesion issues etc.?
  9. Hallo zusammen, ich bin gerade über etwas gestolpert was ich nicht verstehe. Ich habe für ein Filament ein Materialprofil mit den Temperaturen und dem Flow angeleht soweit so gut, Material in Cura ausgewählt und dann das Fine Engineering Druckprofil gewählt. Meine Frage ist nun warum greift das Druckprofil nicht die Temp und Flowwerte aus dem Materialprofil ab sondern setzt andere Werte. Woher kommen diese Werte ? Für einen Tipp wäre ich euch Dankbar.
  10. Click the fx button and it will return to being automatically calculated (which just sets it to the layer thickness whenever you change that) and save your profile.
  11. The post-processing script button only appears at the bottom right of the window if you already have any scripts enabled. If you don't, you get to it through Extensions > Post Processing > Modify G-Code.
  12. *browses Creality website* Oh god, they're making it harder to differentiate between models. And the page for the Ender-3 V3 (not to be confused with the Ender-3 V3 SE or Ender-3 V3 KE) says it does run software based on Klipper. AFAIK every other Ender series printer so far has just used Marlin, with a customised (and less useful) user interface on some of the newer models. Klipper does support a subset of Marlin commands, designed to be enough to be able to print a model from Marlin gcode. Which is good, because Cura doesn't have native support for Klipper (although there is a Klipper Settings plugin available and I have no idea what it does because I'm not running Klipper). Probably. but bear in mind that the maximum build volume of the V3 is smaller (only 250mm instead of 270mm high). You could probably use Cura with a laser powerful enough to obliterate the Earth if you wanted to. But yes. There isn't a profile for the Ender-3 V3 (UltiMaker isn't responsible for profiles for third party printers, they need to be contributed by either the manufacturer or the community) but the profile for the Ender-3 V3 KE should be close enough. It's entirely possible your print profiles might not transfer over automatically. You can try selecting your S1 Pro, export the profiles, switch to the V3 and import them. Otherwise... have two Cura windows open side by side and copy them over manually. One thing I have to warn people about with most of the V3 series, this one included: Creality seems to be in a pissing contest to see who can make the fastest printer. Just because you can go fast doesn't mean you should. Most materials are designed to be printed at a certain speed, and to do stuff really fast you need special high speed PLA. You should manually set the speed to whatever is appropriate for your material.
  13. hello guys. I wanted to give you an update on my testing. After intense cleaning the lines were getting worse (model on the left 1st picture). because of the pattern the lines had, I sugested some issues mwith the bearings or the nut. So I wanted to eliminate the nut as potential problem and removed it for cleaning. it was pretty clean from the last cleaning. but I realized, that the cover at the back of the bed was giving some friction to the guidingbars. So I removed the cover. then my printer came up with something new. as you can see in the right picture, the line problem is much less. but in the first cm there is a new linepattern which vanished after short. IT seams as if it disapeared as soon an the gap started in the model. any suggestions what that could be? this thing drives me crazy!
  14. The PETG is very interesting. I like the UV resistance and that it can be printed semi-transparent, an important property. The temperature settings are lower, that's nice too. That it sticks to glass and breaks it off, yet nothing can be glued to it is hilarious! I watched this: The print I'm working on is less than 2 mm high or wide. It's like a flat net that must be lifted from the printer bed and then transferred onto another flat surface. What will be more demanding in the future I can imagine, will be to print adjacently with a 0.2 mm gap, or less, in between (see image below). It would be amazing if the two prints could be separated later by tearing them apart (without using too much force, that is, e.g, strings). Any idea if this is possible (see 3MF file), or a meaningful aspiration? LOL Thank you! CE5S1_28_array.pair.3mf
  15. Hello community, I've encountered an issue while printing with my Ultimaker 2+. In the attached video, you can see the problem occurring during the printer's preparation phase. However, after turning it off and waiting for it to completely shut down, I restarted it and attempted to print again. Unfortunately, the same issue occurred halfway through the printing process, as shown in the video. Any insights or advice on resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
  16. Thanks for listening to my rant. Morning woes when I am constantly wanting to love/utilize the program, but not become a pro at clicking notifications, aha. Anyway thanks for explaining that, and the plugin suggestion. I was going to ask/suggest... if it's not a solvable problem, then at least we can do is "help" it, in an easier way than not. I'll check out the Mesh Tools, sounds nice... I think I was somewhat aware of the unit/conversion issue, especially regarding STLs and more generic formats. Hrm, please forgive my abrasive questioning then 😉 I guess the simplest idea would be to add two int and string settings in Cura... for 'default scale', and 'default units'. Most of the time I think we're all dealing with the same in each of our projects, as we like to work. DOWN WITH NOTIFICATIONS! 😉
  17. That's a pretty good rant. No CAD programs know anything about "units" in the sense of millimeters, inches, whatever. A number is simply a number. When you draw a single line and then "offset" or "copy" it over to the side "1.00" away, the CAD app doesn't care if it's 1 nanometer or 1 lightyear. It just knows that the distance between the two lines is 1.00. A program like Blender may have a standard unit which might be centimeters or feet or millimeters or inches. Ya just don't know what it does internally or what effect the export utility might have. When you bring a model into Cura and have to scale it to get it to the correct size, then the "scale" that the model was exported at wasn't likely millimeters but something else. If you happen to end up at standard scales like "2540%" or "3.94% give clues as to what the "units" of the imported model might be. One of the features of the Cura Mesh Tools plugin is an option for the default scale that models are imported at. After installing Mesh Tools you can find it under "Extensions / Mesh Tools" and then "Mesh Tools Settings". As for notifications, I agree there are too many mundane notices but I think there aren't enough informative ones as well. Some sort of clue as to why my settings won't allow a slice would be good.
  18. Yesterday
  19. Cool, but can you disable notifications (!) and stop scaling models like it's impossible to figure out unit conversions? Why is it that when I export from BLENDER(!), as a .stl, at "1.0" scale, in millimeters... and then go into Cura... and it can't import it worth any damn? I have to have "scale models" checked in the Cura settings... and then... it will scale the small models... too large (10x) size. Just stop scaling, but import it at the scale it's at! Millimeters... at 1.0 scale. Why is that so hard? Why is it so hard to add an option to 'disable all notifications or warnings'? So annoying.
  20. Also Cura 5.7 does not list the Voxelab FDM Printer in the non-networked printer list, Unless It's under a different brand name that I am not familiar with..
  21. Just installed and setup the Cura 5.7 with my custom visibility settings, plugins, and printer settings.. Unless I am doing something wrong, it does not export/import the custom print settings using the Universal Cura Settings option for my Longer LK5 Pro printer.. Giving me this pop up. It does export / import the visibility settings to my second PC so I don't have to go through that long winded process.. Also it is not allowing me to save / export my printer settings as an HTML File using 5axes HTML export plugin that has worked on previous versions of Cura.. https://marketplace.ultimaker.com/app/cura/plugins/5axes/HTMLCuraSettings I am including the UCP, and project file.. UCP_.3mf
  22. Hi, I was thinking about this too to just disable acceleration or set it up to huge numbers. The thing is, I need acceleration especially on outer walls, because I get a lot of ringing\ghosting. without it. So thats kind of a problem. I usually print at 70mm/s for outer and 120mm/s for inner walls and infill. Acceleration is around 150 and 250 at max, higher values again shows too much ringing. But im thinking about trying some jerk control towers with different settings if it would help somehow. I have Artilerry Sidewinder X2
  23. fuermi, "Display Info on LCD" is located under add script at the bottom right of Cura. You can set various items to display here.
  24. Bumping my old thread - Re: the "Support Infill Layer Thickness" setting. I've found that adjusting this setting to match the model material layer height generally fixes the issue I was having. Is there a reason why this setting doesn't automatically adjust to match? These images show the difference in the cura render of the 2 layer heights:
  1. Load more activity