All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. I Have recently purchased 3 Ultimaker 3 machines. I have updated the firmware on all three machines on installation. The X Y calibration has issues. The filament from extruder 2 will not extrude filament. This happens on all the machines. When I print with the second extruder alone it prints fine. But when I use dual printing it becomes a mess as the X and Y are not calibrated. Few others have faced this issue but unable to find a solution. Is there any way to go back to an oldfirmware from 5.2.8..... ??? I want to do this without opening the complete machine. EDIT 1: I planned on doing the firmware recovery method by opening up the machine . The site for downloading the image is not available http://software.ultimaker.com/jedi/releases/recovery.img. it gives an error 404 page not found
  3. The following site to download older firmware verisons is not available: http://software.ultimaker.com/jedi/releases/ It was up and running till yesterday.... is there any way to downgrade the firmware..
  4. The following site to download older firmware verisons is not available: http://software.ultimaker.com/jedi/releases/ It was up and running till yesterday.... is there any way to downgrade the firmware..
  5. http://software.ultimaker.com/jedi/releases/ unable to open this site, says 404 not found
  6. Well; after over 4 weeks of sharing the issues, having the Ultimaker Team acknowledge that they are aware of them, and yet still no clear path to resolve the issues nor any element of urgency evidenced; I give a thumbs up to “thopiekar” for entering this arena. Even my USA distributor has remained unable to resolve issues because they tell me that Ultimaker has still not gotten back to them; this after over 3 weeks. If not for the lack of communication from the Ultimaker Team within this forum I likely would not believe them and yet I do, and I also find myself feeling bad for them because they too are dealing with the exact same thing. This situation has gone from not good, to beyond unacceptable. The Ultimaker Team and their distributors direct customers to this forum for support and guidance however, it appears that this forum is also used to shield the world by keeping the proverbial dirty laundry in house; I refer back to an earlier 0.1 percent comment and it not being a sufficient number of affected customers for them to react to on an extreme level. I also recall another customer sharing that he was going to make comments on Facebook , well, maybe it’s time to have the periodicals such as; Make, All3DP, TCT, AllThat3D, etc. print an editorial or an article within their user experience sections? This situation is no longer even marginally acceptable. I will no longer accept having invested roughly $10K USD into a 3D printer along with supplies and spare parts as a tool for my business only to have far less than I was promised and frankly, assured throughout the purchasing process. I asked very specific questions because this is not my first 3D printer. I dealt with and accepted the growing pains as the technology developed always accepting that they were one step away from “hobbiest” 3D printers.Having shared this I have several associates that also own businesses that feel the exact same way as well many within this forum. In retrospect; I that thought that I did my diligence prior to buying into the Ultimaker program haven spoken with several distributors and several folks within the Ultimaker Team. It was during these conversations that I heard hence believed that Ultimaker was setting the 3D printer bar; a bar that other 3D printer manufacturers would have to aspire to oust be left behind. This is why I paid what was considered a premium for Ultimaker’s top of the line 3D printer solicited as designed and thoroughly tested for years prior to being offered for sale to the “businesses” environment. Ultimaker made clear that this was a fully developed 3D printer that could easily be used by the lay person within any office environment. What I have experienced, as well as many many others, is a company that is far from that which they want folks; including their distributors and 3D marketplace to believe. I am very disappointed.
  7. INTERN, INTERN! BLAME HIM! BLAME THE INTERN! 🙂
  8. Nothing I do will make these blobs go away except for switching to slic3r, but I'm having a world of other issues with that program so I'm still trying to get Cura to play nice. I have tried Flow, retraction, coating, z seam alignment, wall count, combing, retracting before outer wall, speed, almost everything and its making me crazy. Any advice regarding what other settings i can try or anything really would be appreciated. I have included the gcode, cura profile, and what my results were with coasting enabled, nothing enabled, and detracting before outer wall. CFFFP_test_cylinder.gcode Printing Profile with Blobs.curaprofile
  9. Yesterday
  10. I have just recently bought a Creality CR10S printer and have been trying to print with Cura 4 but without success. Thinking it may be the printer, I acquired a bit of GCode for a whistle and it printed successfully. I then thought it was how I was setting parameters but I have tried all from Basic to Advanced, all without success. My problem is shown with the attached insert. I really can't get past this first layer on that model shown where the base infills begin to go haywire. I then tried a cube of 20 x 20 without a base and wall thicknesses of 2mm. The first two layers looked fine and then subsequent layers took on a very rough exterior and the top of the laying layer looked very much like a cake decoration with rolling scrolling and it was that rolling scrolling which appeared to roll over the sides. Hence the rough exterior. I tried printing with minimal settings and the selected profile set to default settings. No better results. Has anyone seen the same outcomes and can you enlighten.
  11. Well, no matter what, it won't go faster then it's "default" speed (which is the 25 mm/s). I don't know what to do. It is seriously anoying.
  12. Thanks for the file. I sliced it and looked at the gcode and the retractions are happening at 60mm/S and then I changed the retraction/prime speed to 40mm/S and the gcode changed as expected so I really don't know why you are seeing the behaviour that you are. This image shows the retraction speed in the gcode to be 2400mm/min = 40 mm/S which is what it should be.
  13. Access control is currently not possible, but UM is aware of it and is working on a solution.
  14. Hello, I have two Ultimaker 3 printers in use in a lab at my university. Recently, students who have not had training to use the printers have been trying to print for their projects, causing serious damage on several occasions. We cannot restrict physical access to the room and I cannot supervise the printers all day, every day. If we block off the USB ports, Is there any way of controlling who has access to the printers via the network? If not, how do other people control access to their printers in these sort of environments?
  15. It's literally default 0.3mm but with 60 mm/s retraction speed. CFFFP_Pi_Camera_2020_Adapter.3mf
  16. Welcome @Stratos, it's hard to give you an answer without seeing your settings so please save the project (File -> Save) and attach the resulting .3mf file to this thread. Thanks.
  17. Ghene, How did you sort this out?
  18. Hi i now this thread is old but as a solidworks user i have found the same issue and i also by accident found that solidedge does allow you to import a STL file and convert it to a step. the step file then was easy to modify in solidworks. hope that can help.
  19. Hi i had the same issue solid works. but solid edge does allow you import a stl file and convert it to step.
  20. Hey guys, hope you are all doing well. "First" time Ultimaker Cura user here. It is way simpler than what I was used (repetier host), but the default settings turned out way better than my heavily edited slic3r from repetier prints. But I came across 2 problems (I have to test one to make sure). So the one I would like to get rid of now is this. Changing the retraction speed has no effect on the actual retraction. It is still the same speed no matter if it is 40mm/s or 120mm/s, it is always slow compared to slic3r (where I had 60mm/s). So, how do I "repair" it? How can I make it retract faster (because now it kinda waits for it to retract)? Thanks in advance 😉. P.S.: I guess that I am using the latest Cura as I downloaded it on Saturday.
  21. I am happy with every solution, even if I have to rewrite from hand to daily like now...
  22. Yes, would save them in the settings storage and recover them on each load of a file. Within a settings window in the menu, they could get changed or reset. Think that might be something interesting for all commandline-based plugins (Blender and OpenSCAD), too.
  23. Would it not be easier to query the two or three options and execute them accordingly?
  24. Haha, no problem. I think I need to think about adding a window for overwriting the path to the executable and overwriting the executable name 😅
  25. That's it! I changed the "FreeCADcmd" to "FreeCADcmd-Daily" and now it works perfect! Thank you so much for your plugin and your support!!!
  26. Could be. I'm using the stable PPA. Does an "freecadcmd-daily" exist, too? The plugin is using the freecadcmd command line application to do the conversion from FCstd to STL automatically. If another name is used, then it won't be recognized.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!