All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Yep, the same. The camera feed has available without any problems since tuesday. But in Cura (unreachable) and also on the Webpage (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/print_jobs) the connectivity (LAN, not WLAN) is interrupted from time to time.
  3. Pleased to report that the camera seems reliable, however I have frequent network connectivity issues, normally power cycling the printer and cura resolves between prints. Both on WLAN and LAN
  4. Today
  5. I'm old. I started with analog computers, and punch cards. The g-code went on 1" wide paper tape with 1/8" holes punched in it. The paper tape was fed into the CNC machines and they moved and worked all by themselves. It was magic. (No...they were not steam powered.) Over the course of time I came up with some observations that have worked for me. I call them rules, but they're more like guidelines. #1. When you're dumb ya' suffer. #2. Never upgrade an operating system. #3. Everything affects everything. #4. Never blindly trust a Gcode file that was created by someone else. There are a few more (yes, some involve the opposite sex) but I won't waste anymore of your time with them.
  6. For some strange reason, I'm getting some odd retraction behavior in my 3D prints. It constantly retracts when it should be printing solid, leaving a honeycomb pattern behind. I'm running Cura 4.6.1, I'll attach the G-code and a photo of the result, I'm not technical enough to interpret the G-code myself. I have a ANET E12 if that helps anything. appreciate the responses and help, let me know if you need anymore info. glitched.gcode
  7. Soon in Cura time, could still take a while. I've been using the solution posted above and am very impressed with it over the last month. I've been able to make some really strong / flexible frames that are very well laminated together with minimal surface finish problems in PETG using the version above. I hope that whatever the final solution is, that they use terminology which overlaps with the terminology of adaptive layer height. I think Adaptive Line Width is a very easy to visualize thing, even if the inputs are a little bit different because of how they choose to allow the slicer to pick the variations. Ultimately, I'd love it if I could tell the slicer a desired line width, a minimum line width, and a maximum line width. (It would be nice if I could just tell the slicer my nozzle size and then I could tell it that I want line widths that are anywhere from 80% to 150% of my nozzle width with a desired line width.) The idea is that the slicer ought to be able to pick a line width that decreases the gaps and improves the number of lines / lay of the lines on any given layer. There would be room for advanced options that try to maintain an overall outer wall (or specified number of walls) line width that is uniform as you move through z layers. Say for example you want 2 outer walls to have uniform line width on the outer shell, but any other walls can be varied up or down to the best fit within limits.
  8. Hi all and thanks in advance for any assistance. My faithful UM2 has been acting up lately and I am trying to figure out if its my Cura settings or something mechanical with the machine. Attached are two prints. The blue one is printed on my UM2 using ESUN 3mm PETG. The black one printed on my BIBO2 using ESUN 1.75mm PETG. Exact same Cura profile but no matter what tweaks I do to the UM2 profile (lower temp, retraction and combing adjustments, etc), I can not seem to get it to print clean. The UM2 use to print as clean as the BIBO but now its shit. UM2 has new .4mm nozzle. Any thoughts? Thanks Jeff
  9. Nevermind... figured it out myself.
  10. Yes this is on an S5. I haven’t had it for a while, so I don’t know how often it’s had this problem. I upgraded it to the latest firmware (5.5?) before the most recent 5.6. It has had space issues since 5.5, but I can’t confirm it had it prior to that. I will say that the network disconnection issues seem to be very related to the space issues. Cura Connect reset works, but if this happens again I’ll try a factory reset. Also I recently upgraded to 5.6 so I will see how that works. Thanks all!
  11. Ultimaker 2 frame panels are designed to be milled, not laser cut. 3D-step files can be found on the Github page.
  12. Greetings all! I too have experienced this same issue with my new Ender 5 Plus printer. I also have an Ender 3 Pro, and a CR-10. I use Cura 4.6.1 to slice for all 3 printers and the only one with which I have seen this issue is the Ender 5 Plus. The start code is virtually the same for all three printers with the exception of the M420 line that retrieves and uses a SAVED Mesh, if it exists. This brings to mind a few things: First, since Cura is performing correctly with two of the three printers, the start code is virtually the same for all three printers, and there are no discernible errors in the g-code once posted and saved to the SD card, then it is unlikeley to be a problem with Cura. Secondly, I have two possible thoughts as to root cause. I don't think I saw anyone mention a non Creality printer where this has occured, and I believe the stock Mainboard for the CR-10 and the Ender 5 Plus are the same physical boards, only the firmware is different. Therefore it could possibly be a hardware issue....but I don't think so. The key here that made me think of the next, and I think most likely cause is this: the use of the stock Cura start g-code which includes the M420 line AND turning on the Auto Bed Leveling routine in the Ender 5 Plus settings. It has already been reported that if you turn OFF the Auto Bed Leveling routine in the Ender 5 Plus settings, the purge lines print correctly. This would seem to confirm the g-code is fine. I think it's a conflict between the M420 and the Auto Bed Leveling routine on the Ender 5 Plus. I would suggest either turning off the Auto Bed Leveling routine in the Ender 5 Plus settings, and run it manually every so often, or leave it on and eliminate the M420 line and see if that solves the issue. A third option would be to leave the Auto Bed Leveling routine in the Ender 5 Plus off, and replace the M420 line with a G29 command after the G28 command (this is how it's setup on my Ender 3 Pro which also has an BL-Touch) I'm going to try these out tonight when I get home!
  13. Als je twijfelt aan de "laaghechting", zou ik de temp iets laten stijgen, 5g of max 10g. Overhang is natuurlijk de reden waarom dual extrusie bestaat. De UM robot is altijd wel wat moeilijk te printen, het is tenslotte een teststukje.
  14. Brand New 5S bundle owner. Can anyone tell me what this bracket is for? the head makes lots of trips over to it, almost like there's supposed to be some cleaning gadget there (like my old stratasys had)
  15. Some things i dont understand:.... I printed one job without any Problems.. 🙂 The socond print job failed: First the material "crashed" into the print core and leave an big filament "sausage" at the please the print core is parking while waiting. The extruder first extrudet the material ant after few centimeters the extrusion was less end less.. then the print failed with er65. After i pulled out th filametn i saw the filament was rubbed off in the extruder. I think this happend because of the crash bevore. The behaviour when you print an other print with the same print core is strange and (i think) not working great. (I used aa0,8) And why are you cooling down the print core while probing the bed?! Heating up, cooling down, heating up...... why not just keep the temperature these 30 second?! Is there any update relating to the PVA unkompability? The s5 pro bundle is not able to use PVA with the old firmware. There are etrusion problems after a while every print i tried. By the way I use roriginal ultimaker materials. Something changed at this? Jonas
  16. Heb ondertussen printer ontvangen en al wat testprintjes gedaan met de bijgeleverde rol PLA. Dat werkte naar mijn gevoel dik ok. Daarna geprint met ASA. In theorie niet ondersteund door de printer, mezelf materiaal profiel, adhv datasheet, geüpload via SD kaart en dat werkte meteen goed. Alleen leek mij hier de adhesie van de lagen niet evenwaardig met de PLA. ‘T Is niet dat het stuk uiteenvalt, ver van, maar als ik (Veel) trekkracht zet dwars op de lagen dan kan ik het uit elkaar trekken en dat lijkt mij niet de bedoeling (maar ik kan me vergissen) Dus misschien toch iets warmer printen dan wat aangegeven staat op de sheet? Met hoeveel graden spelen jullie overigens? Is dat echt per graad? Of per blokjes van 5 graden om effect te zien? Wat me zowel met PLA als de ASA een beetje tegenviel was de overhang. De startlaag is mooi glad (mede door de glasplaat) zijvlakken en topvlak ook in orde. Maar een overhang, zelfs van een paar mm (cfr de ultimaker robot) is aan de onderzijde van de overhang wat te “rafelig” naar mijn zin. Ben ik te kieskeurig of hoe lossen we zoiets op?
  17. Ik zou aanraden om de Tinker firmware te installeren, dan kan je een aantal extra instelligen doen, zoals verlichting en scherm uit na x tijd, dat piepend geluid bij het bedienen van de draaiknop uitschakelen, en nog wat extra mogelijkheden. (werking van d eprinter blijft identiek) Voor de rest blijft het volgens mij de beste single extrusion printer van Ultimaker. In Cura het je een een aantal goed ingestelde profielen, die je op weg zullen helpen. Bespaar niet op filament, Pla is een goede start, voor stevigeren stukken heb je tough pla, ook zeer eenvoudig te printen. Ik gebruik als hechting op de glazen plaat een dun laagje 3DLAC. Werkt altijd.
  18. The sent a profile to open for my x-maker that added it as a printer in cura.
  19. Are you saying you didn't adjust the feeder tension?
  20. Hello nallath, thank you for making this point clear. But by playing a little more with the profiles i found that there seems to be a bit more "magic" in the them. If I take a profile from a specific material e.g. Ultimaker Tough PLA, Profile "Fine" and change a setting (maybe brim to skirt) so I can save it as custom profile it will reflect the original settings of the material/print settings profil. If i choose a different material e.g Ultimaker ABS, Profile "Fine" there might be some settings with a different value, in this case infill line width 0.45 and 0.4 are different. If I now use the custom profile previously saved for the now selected ABS Material it seems it will use the setting from the "Fine" profile of ABS and not the one from the Material it was created with (Tough PLA). I wonder how the settings are choosen. Are the print setting profiles (fine, normal, fast etc.) not only names but kind of classes so that Cura knows that it has to use unchanged settings from the corresponding profile of the selected material? Reason I am looking into this is that I love the new Intent Profiles because the Engeneering profiles will give me fitting holes out of the box but the materials I have installed from marketplace don't have these profiles. Rainer
  21. ..très très bizarre...
  22. Printing onto a textured surface (i.e. blue tape) can make the lines less pronounced.
  23. I was able to reduce the flow lines by quite a bit by using a 0.1 first layer. Not perfect but it did help. Thanks Q
  24. It's a rather difficult filament to print and requires an all-metal hotend but I really love it for it's properties and look (specifically the blueish transparent one). And since it's crystalline PET you can anneal it afterwards to increase it's stiffness and temperature resistance which makes it pretty versatile. General print settings that work well for me are very similar to PET-G settings (slightly underextrusion, slow and steady print speed, 70°C bed temp, low fan speed or none at all, etc...). Where it differs are print temperature (260°C on my printer) and it's tendency to crystallize already in the nozzle when printed slow; which causes clogs. So always keep a high and steady flow and try to avoid retractions. And most important: dry it before printing... it's very hygroscopic; similar to nylon. All in all it's not a beginners filament.
  25. ungutknut

ICE filament

I use their polycarbonate filament. It's a rather pure PC without many additives which gives superb technical properties but is harder to print than some other highly modified PCs (polymaker for example).
  1. Load more activity