All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. Hi all, Cura uses M204 to set acceleration and M205 to set jerk. My printer uses M8008 for acceleration and M8007 for jerk control. At the moment, I have to manually set global jerk and speed in the machine start g-code. Is there a way to have cura use the correct g-code commands for speed and acceleration settings in a cura profile?
  4. Hi @Faf666, Yes, the display have this glass included, anyway here's their web site: https://www.dlcdisplay.com/ You just send a msg in this website. Thanks
  5. Yes. No, you use your laptop for slicing and connecting to the running instance at your mini-pc via LAN and web browser. It is a bit tricky to set this up but it is possible to do if you don't want to use a Raspberry Pi (what I would suggest to do as this is how it works best. Try to find a used model 3). Maybe a good point to look at for some ideas: https://community.octoprint.org/t/setting-up-octoprint-on-windows/383 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10IZ1zE2Gww Edit: I forgot one link that is also mentioned from the community: https://github.com/jneilliii/OctoPrint-WindowsInstaller
  6. Thank you for that. I'll take a look at 3D Builder. I appreciate your help
  7. Je viens de l'installer (Windows 10 Pro, 64 bits), un peu long au premier lancement (analyse de l'antivirus W10), puis une fenêtre du pare-feu, mais Ok au final. Un autre membre semble avoir un problème similaire à toi ("After installing 5.7 it does not start, not even a splash screen." ):
  8. Pas vraiment d'idée. Des photos ? Le fichier .stl ? Marque et modèle d'imprimante ? Version du trancheur ?
  9. Go into settings and type "tower" in the settings search box. But tower can be very very useful for a dual extrusion print. So instead, go to PREPARE mode and click on the second extruder and then the second tab and then disable that second extruder. That will probably make the tower go away also and not affect future dual material prints.
  10. Thank you, DivingDuck, I will look into the server on my tiny PC. Raspberry Pi is back to Linux, and not useful to me. So, please allow me to restate what you said to improve my understanding. The tiny PC copy of Octoprint connects to the LAN, and the 3D printer via USB. So, that would also mean that I would have Octoprint running on my laptop (where the slicer is). And that the laptop copy of Octoprint, would then send the gcode file to tiny PC copy of Octoprint, to feed it to the printer over USB? If I understand Octoprint, the copy on the laptop could display progress (and apparently camera video as well), of the 3D printer relayed by the tiny PC copy? If this is the case, it would meet all my needs.
  11. I've included some pictures and the project file to illustrate the issue I'm having. This seems to be happening with any STL file that I open on Cura. I can't select this circular shape that generates on the corners when opening the STL file, so I have no way to get rid of it. For this example with the golf tee, it doesn't take up much space, but with bigger pieces I want to print, the extra circular piece I want to get rid of gets bigger and takes up much needed space. The STL files were made using Fusion 360 and I ensured that the only body that existed was the Golf tee as shown. Any help in dealing with this would be greatly appreciated. Golf Tee Test File.3mf
  12. Bonjour j'ai une pièce qui a un trou mais qui n'est pas traversante et quand ce trou s'imprime côté plateau il est plus petit que prévu et quand je l'imprime pas côté plateau il est de bonne taille alors je voudrais savoir quel réglage touché dans cura pour remédier à ce problème merci d'avance
  13. Unfortunately one test print was ok, but after I have again noise 60+, si is strange. Is the same noise even with Fab desabeld.
  14. There are at least two ways to run Octoprint. One as a (Server-) program on a PC like in your little PC that is connected to the Printer via USB or LAN. The other way is to run Octoprint with a raspberry pi and connect this device to the printer via USB or LAN.
  15. Ups das muss ich ändern. Dann werde ich mich wieder melden. Danke
  16. Hello, Seems to work for me. I clean all the fans, and the plate again. Now the noise is around 10. I started a print to test. I will disconnect the front fan to see if i have any changes in noise. I will let you know.
  17. Hello, For me the issue is solved. Seem to work. I clean again all the fans, plate etc. Thank you
  18. I have Octoprint, as others have suggested it as well. Near as I can tell it can only communicate with printers that have an IP connection? This solution appeals to me for a variety of reasons, including the fact that the processor on the Z83 wasn't born to slice, so to speak. But, I couldn't figure out how to have Octoprint talk to a USB printer on the Z83. If this is possible, perhaps you could suggest where to start on figuring out how to do that? I have a complete wired LAN, in my house, so this would work well if I can figure out how to use Octoprint with a USB connection.
  19. This is the UltiMaker 3d printers and UltiMaker Cura community.. Not really the best place to look for help with this kind of issue for your Flying Bear.
  20. hi, this is the first time i write here, i hope somwon can help me and maby teach me somthing new (im new in this world) I have an old Flying Bear Gost 5 whit marlin software (2.0.9.3), and yesterday i installed TMC2209 v1.3drivers from BigTreeTech. i dit becouse i wase experiencing several problems whit the Z-axis during prints (like layer shifting or very poor quality), and i hoped this would solve them. however, afther setting the vref (following the instructions in this link: [https://all3dp.com/2/vref-calculator-tmc2209-tmc2208-a4988/](to mee result 1.7 for X Y Z and 2 for E)) and changing the drivers in Marlin, when i start auto homing or try to move the z-axis by 10mm, the Z-axis moves non stop until i turn of the power
  21. Hello, because I wanted to replace my heater block, I had to replace my heater cartridge and my temperature sensor wire. These were stuck firmly in the block. Everything is connected as it came out, but now it won't start at all. Very disappointing of course. Who knows? Thank you in advance.
  22. Buenos dias desde argentina , estuve imprimiendo bien todo este tiempo y hoy al generar un stl nuevo no pude imprimir mas, si cargo un stl anterior la maquina imprime pero si genero un simple cubo y lo compilo en cura ya no lo imprime, primero pensé que era un problema del archivo que modifique que era uno descargado, así que opte por crear un simple cubo en fusion 360 y exportarlo como stl ... tampoco me lo imprimió, incluso los parámetros para que empiece a imprimir como temperatura del extrusor o de la cama caliente llegan a los rangos indicados y la impresora no se mueve.
  23. The nozzle size set in Cura doesn't technically do that much anyway - mostly just affects warnings about lines being too narrow/wide, stuff like that. Whether you're using a 0.4mm or a 1mm nozzle, a (for example) 0.6mm wide line that's 0.3mm high requires the same amount of material flow. It's generally better to use the most appropriate size nozzle for your situation (it makes the output more controlled) but for setting print settings and such in Cura you can just ignore its warnings if you know what you're doing. (And if you don't know what you're doing: select the right size nozzle and pay attention to Cura's warnings)
  24. It turns out that I'm like the 17,000th person to have the idea.
  25. The developers are so sick of looking for this bug that in 5.7.0 they added automatic slicing error reporting. Just make sure you have the Send engine crash reports setting in the Privacy section of the Cura preferences turned on: It's almost certainly not a problem with any particular quality profile setting. Sometimes you can get a successful slice after changing a setting (almost any of them, really) to something different, slicing, then changing it back and slicing it again. Or move your model slightly on the build plate and slice again.
  1. Load more activity