All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Can you explain anyway? Start from the begining please? There are very many causes and symptoms vary slightly as well. What do you get for a score when you test the sensor? Do you just get "leveling fails" or do you get the one where the height of the two cores varies? How much does it vary by (if you look in the log file)? Did you watch it happen to make sure it switched to the second nozzle (sometimes that is the cause - the lift switch). If the sensor gets a high (bad) score, did you unplug the front fan? You can do that at the rear of the head without taking anything apart.
  3. There are 500 parameters. I don't want to go through them right now. But I will if you post your project file. There is not one obvious parameter to fix this. I have a few in mind but forget what they are called at the moment. I want to experiment. Will take me all of 3 minutes if you can just post the project file. Also you might need to switch to an older version of Cura. Because I have several versions installed, it won't take me long at all. If the STL file is top secret, then please create a custom one that demonstrates this problem so we can take a look at your project file. Please don't post the STL file, I want to see all your current settings and try to duplicate your problem before trying some changes. I need to know your current line width (usually your nozzle size) along with several dozen other things.
  4. If you're in the basic print settings view, just turn Infill Density down to 0% and the top/bottom shell to 0mm: If you're in the custom view, go to the Top/Bottom section and set Top/Bottom Thickness to 0mm: then go to the Infill section and turn Infill Density down to 0%:
  5. Did you find a fix? I have exactly the same issue and can't get a fix, the same as you I have tried all online solutions again and again, also fitted new front fan new glass printing base reverted to older firmware cleaned and checked everything. thanks bd
  6. Thanks ! I have been playing around with this setting in a range from 100 to 125 % remarkable difference ! not yet optimized, but at least it is a good start, I am wondering how the line thickness setting is influencing the result? does it have a lot of effect on the result product, or is it just to determine the number of lines in cura? im relatively new to this matter(as you probably noticed..)
  7. Today
  8. Thanks Torgeir, A brand new print core. I'll check the terminals and ensure the wires are in properly. A
  9. At Thingiverse I found a "reversed" Cookie cutter collection. I wonder if it is possible and, in that case, how to slice it with Cura? I print with an Ender 3 pro and using Cura 5.6.0. I copy the description from the collection to here "Print only the outline of the cutter so switch off all fill setting in your slicer. A rather rough layer height setting will do. 2 layer shells will produce a fine cutter. I sliced mine in Netfabb for Ultimaker where I added 3 extra shell layers to the bottom 3mm's of the cookie cutter (using the Regions option in Netfabb) giving it a bit more strength." by MaakMijnIdee at Thingiverse https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:35495
  10. does anyone of you know what pitch the z screw on an s5 has?
  11. Habe schon kleinere Positionen angefahren aber das geht auch nicht. Ja X0 entspricht G28 Er fährt ja beim beenden auf die Anschlagposition und dann auf X0 Hier mal ein G Code vom Filamentwechsel wo er auch auf -20 fährt. Filamentwechsel Zeile 3304 AK_Schutz AHK v2.gcode
  12. It's an old thread so sorry to reply now, but since I was directed here from google when searching about the slow boot of UM2+C, it's worth correcting the statement above. The UM2+C does NOT run linux, but just a version of Marlin. If you check the schematics of the mainboard used, the microcontroller used is an ATMEGA2560, which is WAY WAY too slow to run any operating system. It runs just Marlin, and it's also not particularly good at it, if you consider that Marlin above a certain speed starts sending steps to the motors not uniformly, but in groups of two or four. Check "marlin double quad stepping", which starts happening at 10 kHz, which means for the UM2 series 125 mm/s. So we don't know why the UM2+C is so slow, but it's not linux.
  13. Look at the prepare tab: your model is way broken: The blue and pink dot pattern generally means faces are either missing or have their normals flipped. If you're running Windows, Microsoft's "3D Builder" app (I think it comes with Windows 10 but you need to install it manually in Windows 11) is actually great at fixing models (as well as doing things like simple cuts and a bunch of other things). And because I just made some brownies and I'm in a good mood... here you go: texas1_fixed.3mf
  14. I think I will try printing on the 200 mm square PET tape but maybe I should start at a cooler than the previously used temperatures and heat my way up only if there are adhesion issues. I do not expect any adhesion issues: According to videos I've seen, there are no insurmountable issues with ABS adhesion on PET tape under certain conditions, eg., fan blowing air over the print, etc. I plan to try the PETG on the PET tape, as well. The strings could be an advantage. It's been argued that adhesion is too great, consequently because maybe the compression or the temperature is too high on the first layer. But the print needs to come off very easily after cooling (or whenever) without damaging it. And it needs to remain as flat as possible, like a film. It could be described as a net. [There are a lot of variables there!] I am really excited about this project! I am hoping I can get close to these parameters, and I also expect to have more of my mind blown by the technology! 😄
  15. CF Nylons can only be printed with CC cores on the S series. You need to make sure you have one installed or it wont let you print them
  16. We'll be able to help you can provide a lot more information than that. What would be best is if you can share your Cura project file (.3mf, in Cura, go to File > Save Project) but as well help to know things like: is there a specific error you're receiving, can you slice the same model in a different kind of filament, can you slice other models in carbon nylon? I'm not an expert with UltiMaker printers so I'm afraid I can't offer too much specific advice myself, other than making sure you have the correct print core selected. You might also find help in the extensive knowledge base or by contacting UltiMaker support on their support site.
  17. Hi @Andrew_F, To answer this simple, -there is an open (rupture) in your temperature wiring! When this happen, the the temperature go sky high.. "How high, depend of the internal circuit after the "PT100" input!" So, there is a broken wire, some place between your nozzle and the feeder! This is where the wiring bundle always move/bending, -just look here. If this was a permanent failure, it would fail all the time, but this is intermittent -so a now and then connection.. The wires always on a move, -suffer the most, -go figure. Thanks Torgeir
  18. Yesterday
  19. Unfortunately, UltiMaker does not provide direct support via the Community. Please contact UltiMaker Support directly for help with this issue. here: https://support.ultimaker.com/s/contactsupport
  20. I'm leaning towards the printer. I keep the tail ends of filament rolls around for things like this. On the left is your original project, printer, and profile. I adjusted my home offsets to account for the Origin at Center of your delta printer. On the right is my setting profile. Both were printed on my Ender 3 Pro (cuz that's what I've got.) I know my camera isn't great, but I don't see the step on either of them even under a magnifying glass. I'm starting to think that maybe the long travel moves between the legs are having an effect. Maybe there is some shaking or something going on. It might be worth your while to do a preventative maintenance check on the mechanicals. Things can come loose, get out of adjustment, whatever. It may help, and it can't hurt. I have a regimen I go through once a month and I always find something that needs re-adjusting. In regards to settings, you might try changing the infill from gyroid to grid (not as much motion) and consider dropping the Acceleration from 5000 to 1000. I know your machine can handle the 5000 - but maybe not today.
  21. Why Ultimaker Cura is not slicing my model when I use Carbon Nylon filament on my S5 3D printer.
  22. There is a maker, "scottdee" who has decided to put my name and my business name as a "villian" on most of his thing descriptions. How can I get that off of there? I have no idea why he does it. I have never printed anything of his and never will. I'm not even interested in the items where he puts my name in the description. (Luke B. and BestBattlePlan) Is there some policy to prevent him from sharing my personal information on a public website? It's really creepy. Thanks.
  23. Yes, more or less. There can be a slight difference between the legs. One can be "more shifted" than the other two vice versa. Not with consistency though.
  24. I look at too many of these things and I got two projects mixed up. OK. It's a good name brand printer. I'm not familiar with the mechanicals on a delta though. Do all the legs show that layer shift? Are they all moving away from the seat centerline like the one in the image?
  25. Please don't go after community members. They are only offering help. It sounds like you feel you have found bugs in UltiMaker Cura, this needs to be reported via github not via ranting at community members on the community forum. Report bugs here: https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues Additionally it appears your issue relates to remote desktop? that isn't even officially supported or recommended by UltiMaker. Details here: https://support.ultimaker.com/s/article/1667337917781
  26. Ya know, I was trying to sneak that by. There may be some issues with the "Tiled Infill" plugin (at least on certain systems). Since they are both in the back end I thought I'd mention it.
  1. Load more activity