All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Is there a specific adhesion sheet that works well on the Ultimaker S5? Does this interfere at all with the bed leveling process?
  3. Hello there guys im here trying to finish this mannequin i started printing on my MakerBot Rep 2 and i said okay this is going to take way longer and allot more post processing after printing so maybe ill get a bigger printer and issue solved. Well here i am using Cura for the first time and im not happy with my results, for some reason CURA keep slicing my file but with a specific corner that doesnt want to print and the support is another issue where the nozzle keeps trying to ignore that fact that there is more room on the printers bed but refuses to use its open area so instead it simply prints over the same area over and over again as shown on fig2 another thing is the model it self, initially the model is under 10MB but after i bring it into NETFAB to run a hollowing operation it grows enormously to a whopping 300MB and i dont understand how if the model is loosing volume by becoming hollow you know?! and this is where CURA has issue i think in rendering the right sliced g code.
  4. A new version of the plugin that is compatible with the S5 (and updated UM 3) is currently in review and should be available from the Marketplace soon.
  5. I really dont get why z-offset plugin is not implemented directly in Cura...
  6. Today
  7. @thopiekar In Freecad It seems the ActiveObject is the last created one (may be a bug) You can check it in Pyton Console with >>> App.ActiveDocument.ActiveObject.Name after create more body/object But it is not a problem: I think you have just to know that if you have more object/body ( say a cube and a cylinder) you must do a fusion as last step.
  8. dans le menu de l'UM3, tu peux sélectionner la fréquence de calibrage, exemple à chaque impression ou chaque semaine ou ....ou jamais
  9. solved ne trouvant pas de solution dans les paramètres du menu, j'ai essayé de soulever le plateau hors tension, bien m'en a pris. j'ai pu nettoyer l'amoncèlement de plastique qui garnissait le fond de l'imprimante, dont la tour de purge qui avait cassée durant le print. cela gênait la position basse du plateau. ensuite RAS, calibrage ok
  10. thanks for the reply! while something i will definitely try out, i feel it doesn't reply to the question as why all inner walls should disappear? - this IMHO is a bug in cura, since there should be sufficient space and material left to slice walls in the inner of the body after a slight horizontal expansion...
  11. Recently Bought 3 Ultimaker 3 3D printers.... Having the same issue on all of them. I am unable to calibrate the X Y offset as it gives me the following error Nozzle offset probe failed. Please check the nozzles and bed and try again. The bed seems fine as single extruders are working fine and sticking correctly. I have changed the print cores , and tried. Also the extruder 2 does not extrude any material during the X Y calibration, but prints fine by itself. when the print core is changed , the extruder 1 does not extrude. I have the latest firmware installed. I am having the issue on all 3 machines.
  12. Oh my God that is very very grateful. You saved me!
  13. I guess, you are using Linux, right? PS: The bug fix works for you?
  14. This looks like a fun project for kids. Did you print each cutter-blade assembly in one piece, or print each blade separately and then mount them on a rod?
  15. Maybe printing the walls flat on their back, and then glueing the pieces together, might give better results? Similar to the HO-model railroad houses we had as kids from Faller, Vollmer, Kibri, etc... Then the material flow is more constant and the print head does not need to travel through air as much. Or maybe you could print the main wall vertically, just like you did now, but print only the windows flat on their back, and then assemble? That might give a better layer line pattern? Also, using sand- and stone-colors (beige, warm grey, light grey, cream) could also help to hide artifacts, and they are very well suited for architectural work. White is often a difficult color to print, and it shows defects quite hard. ColorFabb has a lot of custom sand- and stone-colors. (I am talking about the non-filled, plain PLA colors.)
  16. Hi guys, The nozzle is full of material around, I can not take the nozzle out , what should I do? Thank you very much.
  17. SandervG

cura 4

Wat voor 3D printer heb je, Jerry?
  18. Thank you very much for your answers, I will definitively change the Printcore for a new one. It's really difficult when we don't have the history of the printer, but according to the picture, it seems that the old owner of this printer has printed with abrasive materiel, I assume Carbon. You're right it's a very early UM3, so I assume that I have to change the springs. So I would like to change them but, I didn't find any re-sellers, even on the Ultimaker site... Can you tell me where I can find it ? Thanks in advance.
  19. Hello everyone, I unearth this topic because I am desperate to change the spring that has become too loose at the back of the board. Indeed, my printer raises me an error of auto leveling with unrealistic values. I suspect the bed is not firm enough to withstand the pressure of the nozzle. Can you help me find a reference for these springs? I can not find anything on the official website and on all the dealers. Thanks in advance.
  20. Hallo zusammen, wir nutzen einen Ultimaker S5 in unserem Unternehmen. Die klare Anforderung unserer IT-Abteilung ist die Vergabe einer statischen IP-Adresse. Daher wurde dies seitens der IT am Gerät (wie in diesem Forum beschrieben) eine statische IP-Adresse vergeben. Mit dieser Einstellung wurden am Gerät keine Updates zur Firmware angezeigt. Daher hat die IT die statische IP-Adresse für einen kurzen Zeitraum deaktiviert. Nun stand das Update zur Verfügung und konnte durchgeführt werden (neuste Firmware installiert). Der Drucker hat nun wieder eine statische IP-Adresse, nun hatte ich ebenfalls bemerkt, dass eine Verbindung mit dem neuen Cloud-Service nicht möglich ist. Laut unserer IT, hat der Drucker alle Rechte die benötigten Funktionen auszuführen, lediglich die IP-Adresse ist fixiert. DHCP ist leider an dieser Stelle definitiv nicht erwünscht. Daher die Fragen, ob zu diesem Thema ein Workaround besteht, alle Funktionen trotz statischer IP, zu nutzen? Ungern würde ich auf diese Funktion verzichten und bei jedem Updatet die IT um die Aufhebung der statischen IP bitten. Sollten für dieses Thema Informationen fehlen (erster Community-Eintrag) kann ich diese gerne in Erfahrung bringen und Nachtragen. Vielen Dank vorab.
  21. In older versions of Cura, you needed to download the backup plugin from the marketplace. Also; The restoring backups from older versions has been fixed. From 4.1 onward you should be able to restore backups from previous versions.
  22. help, quelqu'un sait comment réinitialiser la position du plateau ? j'ai l'impression qu'il ne sait plus où il est.
  23. Hallo zusammen, ich habe mir die Teile für ein ferngesteuertes Auto zum Selbstbauen mit meinem Drucker gedruckt. Nun möchte ich mir gerne auch noch die Reifen ausdrucken und stehe nun vor dem Problem dass ich nicht weiß ob das TPU 95a oder 82a die bessere Wahl dafür ist, bzw. welches sich "besser" zum Drucken eignet? Vielleicht kann mir hier wer weiterhelfen? Schon mal besten Dank im Voraus!
  24. Hey guys, sorry for delay in getting back to you. I'll go and try those places then. Sounds like I just have to hunt for a raw screw then. I was hoping there would be standard place someone else had bought them from before to make life a little easier. These ones on the UM3 seem to be very soft, the UM2 ones I have seem to wear much better?
  25. Hi, is there a way in CURA to avoid the "connection" lines as marked on the photo? Thanks and best regards, Martin
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!