The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. ironing isn't an extrusion multiplier or something quite that simple. it requires moving the printhead back and forth over the entire layer, in passes smaller than the extrusion width. as well, the print head does not rise, and even keeps extruding the slightest amount, to fill in any texture in the top surface. it already exists, and works wonderfully!... just it can only be enabled for exposed upper sections of layers wider than the extrusion width. I've proven results with handmade gcode, but then it just kinda fell off to the side of the road... but I want the feature because it's useful for me right now.
  3. Couldn't you do that with a postprocessing script though? Duplicate each layer, adjust the extrusion.
  4. it's probably not all frontend, and I imagine I might need to touch the engine a bit. basically, I want to add an option under ironing that will make it iron every layer, since that produces stronger, clearer prints (yes, I've been on about it for a long time now)
  5. Today
  6. It depends what you want to change. If it is all frontend stuff, you might be able to just edit python files in the released version.
  7. I think i have found the problem... the machines are ultimaker 2 but with Olsson blocks and bondtech extruders fitted. These mods were done three years ago before the ultimaker 2 plus upgrades were available. Bondtech supply their own flavour of firmware and also a small E-step programme. A few months ago, we upgraded Cura to the latest version and downloaded the latest firmware... I have done a 'factory reset' on one machine and installed the original bondtech firmware and E-step g-code, tested the printer with a small model multiple times and the problem seems to be fixed. Thanks for the input; it has helped in a roundabout way by jogging my memory of the bondtech firmware... one of those 'light-bulb moments'
  8. Then... I'm terribly confused once again. don't I need the solution files? I can't get those without building the dependencies, and that's what I've been pulling my hair out over for days, and I do intend to work on the engine a bit. just, when I try to use cmake to build the solution files, it needs uranium, and protobuf, and arcus, and all of those have dependencies, etc, and they themselves don't compile, so I went to the environment, thinking it was where to get all the dependencies at once? if you can't tell, this is only the third open source project I've poked my nose in.
  9. In my cura-build-environment there is a branch called mb-windows and it has a file called run_cmake.bat which I call before invoking nmake.
  10. In order to develop Cura, you don't actually need to build it (apart from Cura Engine, which is C++ so it needs building). The build script is what we use to actually make a release, which isn't actually needed for your use case.
  11. You don't need to store the .cache files. As the name implies, that's where we store cached files. They only exist to speed up the booting of Cura after first run.
  12. Alternatively, try setting the support horizontal expansion setting to 0
  13. You're not the first to report the issue. We've got it in our backlog.
  14. I had to double check, but the repo does not have that file, nor is it made by building it, and I can't seem to find a link from your account to anything that looks like it. if you're talking about running env_win64.bat and then using cmake with the directory and build type arguments, I'm doing that already. were you also having that "python is not recognized" issue too?
  15. As you may know, we don't create or maintain the profiles for the 3rd party printers. People from the community does that. In this specific case, it seems that something can be wrong with the profiles of the Creality CR-X. If you create a ticket in our GitHub (https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues), it will make your case more visible and people from the community can help. Other good idea is to share a project file (File->Save), so we can see if the problem is with this printer's definition or a problem in the core of Cura or CuraEngine.
  16. belts play like a banjo, there's no slop in the hotend mount. i did try rolling back, but the print quality declined exactly in line with the update. and direction switching is violent during infill that said i admit 3.6 is now also having issues but fusion360 is exporting stl's to 4.0 and there's no point trapping myself in the past if it turns out there's a bug in the slicer I'm at home now so i'll attach some files layer shifts occur exactly when the infill starts printing at the 4mm mark when the top skin and walls start building. i've made that model about 7 times (usually stopping the job around the 10-15mm mark when i see the shifts in the camera) the shifts always start when the infill gets narrowed down and starts violently switching directions the white motormount and pulley image is an example of the previous slicer. Burtoogle, as the description says i've tried both in between and not inbetween options. started down that path when noticing the speed wobbles were in mostly between walls. it continues to a lesser extent wherever the infill changes direction rapidly though. leading me to suspect jerk control is not being factored correctly during infill CCR10S4_bbs_v5_beltcover.gcode CCR10S4_bbs_v5_beltcoverc.3mf
  17. Hi @Wrothbog, try turning off the fill gaps between walls setting.
  18. Hello @nubnubbud, are you executing my run_cmake.bat script before doing the build?
  19. Same here. I have a Creality CR-X. Dual extrusion with one nozzle. Thought I'd give the beta a go as it came with a profile for my printer. Results so far: It still gets the prime tower print order wrong. It'll print layer 1 with T0 then print layer 1 for the tower also with T0. However it should print layer 1 for the tower with T1. Instead it simply retracts T0, feeds in T1 and continues with layer 1 causing massive colour contamination. On tool change it rapids to the tower position, pauses for 10 seconds, rapids back to the print, rapids back to the tower, prints two perimeters of the tower and then rapids back to the print. (I might be able to solve this by entering a minimum extrusion volume for the tower.) If I check Z-Hop I get a 10 second pause at every z lift and at the beginning and end of every rapid move. I cannot find a way of disabling this pause. Already the 4.1 beta looks more promising than 4.0 but until these issues are remedied its still not usable.
  20. Did you check with Cura 3.6 to see if it's really the version? It actually all points to a hardware problem, belts, axles, etc.
  21. Yes, not in skin solves this problem. Regarding the wall separation, I would say it is under extrusion, but if it is only at the hole, maybe it is something else and you can solve it with a Cura setting.
  22. Hallo Druckst du mit PLA oder PETG? Falls PETG, dann schaut es bei mir die Oberfläche auch ähnlich aus. Das liegt daran, dass PETG sehr klebrig ist und gerne an der Düse haftet. Dann verliert er das wieder auf der Oberfläche. Du könntest dich ein bisschen mit der Temperatur spielen ob das Abhilfe schafft. Weiters schau dir die Einstellungen Combing (setze das auf not in Skin) und Max Comb. Distance (setze 10) an. (Im deutschen Cura heissen die beiden irgendwie anders) Dein Brim ist ein schlecht geleveltes Druckbett. Wenn du aber an allen 4 Ecken da gleiche hast, dann ist dein Druckbett nicht wirklich plan und hängt irgendwo minimal durch.
  23. so, I tried it, and I'm getting the exact same result, cura or yours. I solved all the other issues, which turned out to be the combination of a misplaced mingw directory and needing both the previous and current python (2.7 as well as 3.5/6/7) now I have the same issue on both versions. after I run either your fork or the main build environment, it runs into some kind of issue with python, which seems to be an environment variable thing, I have added python to my path, though, so it should all be working. here's some snapshots of the output, if it's familiar to you. any guesses as to what it could be? it continues with those python files for a good while, no other issues, till...
  24. Hi Everyone, Hoping I can get a bit of advice here. I purchased an Anycubic Chiron recently and have encountered a few minor print issues which i'm not 100% certain how to remedy. Using Cura 4.0 with many of the general settings auto-selected through the machine profile for the Anycubic i3 Mega. Extruder: 0.4mm; Layer height: 0.2mm; Infill overlap: 15%; Print speed: 50mm 1) Surface blemishes on top and bottom layers: These blemishes are showing up on my prints from the extruder traveling between print areas. Would I remedy this within the Combing settings by changing it to Not in Skin or Within Infill? Are there alternative solutions? 2) Wall separation on straight vertical sections: Left image shows the issue I'm encountering. Right image shows that generally there are no gaps in my prints between walls or walls and infill. What is causing the wall separation in the left image? Is this from print speed or something else? I'm not sure what settings I need to change to remedy this. 3) Difficult to remove supports. I'm halfway through printing the "Phone Walker" from Thingyverse. This is the first model I've printed which requires supports. On the two feet, the supports removed fairly easily but did pull off a few pieces of the final surface layer. On the stand picture to the left, the supports were a PITA to remove as they were solidly attached to the top and bottom surface layers. It took a fair amount of post-processing time to remove them with minimal damage to the print surface. I think I had just used the default Cura support settings. Would I remedy this with Support Z Distance, Support Top Distance, or Support Bottom Distance? or is there another setting to change? I'd like know how to correct this before I print the legs as they have a fair amount of supports to remove... Your suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated - Thanks! 🙂
  25. Yesterday
  26. jenny8008, that's so weird. I do not see that Change at Z-Height. I opened up the project file that I posted, not there. I create a new project, not there. I wonder about the cooling fan too. I've tried both with it enabled and disabled, and I get the same results either way. I tried editing the G-code to comment out all of the M106 and M107 commands, but I can't get Cura to recognize the g-code that it makes, which makes no sense. What version of Cura are you running with your Alta? Maybe I should try a different version in case there's some incompatibility in 4.0? Or if you are running the same version, maybe I need to uninstall and reinstall this same version.
  27. I'm running a cr10s4 and was printing perfectly prior to the update largely my previous setup had lowered acceleration and jerk control off, speed was set to 30mm/s ever since the update i've not been able to keep a wall vertical. accelerations are all lowered to 125 with 500 for travel (defaulst are 500 and 1000) though i've tried numbers as low as 75 i've tried jerk on @ 20, tried jerk off @ 20, jerk on @ 5, jerk off @ 5 fill gaps between walls and not filling gaps...more on this will follow tri+hexagon, lines and triangles infill options specifically lowering infill speeds essentially the problem is related to infill, specifically rapid direction switching during infill. one trial run at the speed and accelerations all set to extremely low settings. the print moved like mollases and yet wall infills still gave the printer a seizure. i was holding the bench the printer was sitting on and could feel how violently the printer was shaking it. is it possible jerk control is not being taken into effect for infill? once again the printer was printing on the Y axis flawlessly on the previous build with not a lot of effort i'm currently at work so i can't attach any files for a few hours. i've wasted near enough to 2KG's of plastic trying to resolve this throughout the weekend
  28. Gerd, vielen Dank für Ihre Hilfe. Ich hatte herausgefunden, dass es an den Dateinamen lag. Im Dateinamen waren ä,ö,ü vorhanden was die Dstei scheinbar korrumpierte. Vielleicht können Sie mir ja bei meinem derzeitigen Problem helfen, wo zu ich soeben eine neue Topic erstellt habe. Danke nochmals!
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!