Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hello everybody, Sporadically, the MS does not rewind the material. It does not matter whether I print generic or UM filament. There is no error on screen. He just doesn't do it. How can this be prevented?
  3. On YouTube you can find a few videos over this printer, check it out... most of them are in Italian language!
  4. Just out of curiosity: when handling resins, do you do that in daylight, or in a dim-lit room, or an almost dark room? To prevent them from self-curing? How sensitive are these resins, let's say if you leave them out in daylight or in the sun? How much time do you have before they self-cure? I am asking this because I have worked with dental light-cured resin pastes: the white filling materials for teeth. And you should definitely not use them for longer than half a minute in bright light.
  5. My experience: try to avoid self-tapping screws, or thread-tapping, in PLA. Tapping is likely to melt the plastic and destroy the thread, even when tapping/screwing very slowly and carefully. At least in the sizes M3 and M4 that I use most. The heat generated by the friction and deformation from tapping immediately goes above 50°C. Also, PLA is sensitive to creep-deformation under load, so it comes lose soon. It might work with other materials like PET, but I haven't tried that yet. This is much less of a problem with inserted real nuts/inserts. Although I haven't tried it myself yet, this is why I believe that heating the nut/insert as Oliveros said, and then sinking it in, is a better solution indeed. After cooling and solidifying there will be less rest-load, and less tendency to crack and deform. By the way, I prefer nylon nuts and screws for plastics, when possible, as in the pic above. These don't fall out easily, and are a bit flexible. This makes fastening PLA parts more reliable and softer, not so On/Off as with metal screws, and it withstands creep-deformation better for low force applications like the clamps above.
  6. Ciao Michele, se il sensore segnala la mancanza del filamento, ma questo in realtà è presente, significa che ci sono problemi di estrusione del materiale. Con quale materiale si manifesta il problema? Prova ad effettuare la pulizia del PrintCore, dovresti risolvere. Oppure potresti verificare il filamento non si sia annodato.
  7. I also can't find any thing strange in the Gcode... I understand the problem, but don't have a solution for it! Did you try to contact Hamlet? Or try to find someone who uses this printer also...
  8. Today
  9. Hello, I shared them with a product expert and he noticed a few things. I would also like to ask: At which date did the error occur, so we're looking at the right log file. Is the Ultimaker 3 part of a group of printers? Of which the host is a Ultimaker S5 Pro Bundle? It looks like there is a lot of repetition of material profile errors in the logs but the reason for it is not exactly clear yet. Did you do a factory reset? Could you do one, and see how that goes?
  10. Probably should add I am running Cura 4.6.1, windows 10, printing to an Ender 5+ Marlin 2
  11. It was the first time that I downloaded DLL files in order to solve something like this. Before that I tried to re-install Cura but got error messages about the missing DLL. I tried to ask on Facebook in a 3D printing group, but the only person who replied refused to help me when he found I still use Windows 8.1 On the site where I downloaded the files the instructions were that each 32bit version of the DLL to be copied to the folder C:\Windows\SysWOW64, and each 64bit version of the files to be copied to C:\Windows\System32. List of the missing files is: api-ms-win-crt-conio-l1-1-0.dll api-ms-win-crt-convert-l1-1-0.dll api-ms-win-crt-enviornment-l1-1-0.dll api-ms-win-crt-filesystem-l1-1-0.dll api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll api-ms-win-crt-locale-l1-1-0.dll api-ms-win-crt-math-l1-1-0.dll api-ms-win-crt-process-l1-1-0.dll api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0.dll api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll api-ms-win-crt-time-l1-1-0.dll
  12. I have also been wondering about that. I have seen the toy a couple of times, yes. But I think with a bit of searching in a hobby-shop or brico-shop, people should be able to find replacement wheels, like the standard wheels for shopping carts, or chairs,... Anyway, 3D-printing them will be an excellent test of layer-bonding. If kids can't destroy it, then nothing will. :-)
  13. Hey, Yesterday I was going through every step from the maintenance guide from Ultimaker's website and i can't find any guide to calibrate your printhead. The topic related is this one: https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011802280-Check-for-play-on-the-Ultimaker-2-axles. I've printed the calibration tool but idk how to use it. PD: Do you know which part of the printer must be changed after using it through the years? It's been 3 years since I've got the printer and it still prints like the first day (4.500 hours of printing). And I've only changed PTFE a couple of times, 2 Bowden tubes and 4 nozzles. Thanks!
  14. Hallo zusammen, heute wollte ich die Schleppkette für meinen Ender 3 fertigstellen. Leider habe ich bei slicen eine Unbekannte Struktur entdeckt. Das Bild habe ich unten angefügt, und das Objekt mit einem blauen Pfeil markiert. Die Stützstruktur habe ich dekativiert. Kann mir jemand sagen was das ist und wie ich das ausschalten kann? Vielen Dank. MFG Martin
  15. I'd already raised a ticket, and they thought they'd resolved it today, but I still get the "No Access........" screen, so it's back with them.
  16. I have been experiencing intermittent issues with Cura sliced Fusion360 models and I am not sure what I am missing. The issue happens across multiple models /STLs although they all have a "common" design feature: Imagine a coaster or dog bowl, the models I am printing all have a point where the flat area of the model stops and the main outer edge continues up. The issue, when it happens is always at the point the flat area stops and the outer edge of the model should continue up. The issue occurs for what looks like 1 maybe 2 layers and then stops. Infill seems to print, but the walls do not. Sometimes reslicing in Cura helps and sometimes it doesnt. In all cases the CURA preview shows no gaps in the outer edge of the model, but the same GCODE printed on 2 different machines produces the same results. I have tried 3 and 4 (and5) outer walls with no real change and also tried print thin walls but with no real change. It is hard to pin down as this is an intermittent issue. I have tried printing on 2 different machines and also from SD/octopi and in all cases the troublesome GCODE produces the "bad" result but good Gcode works fine. I have included the most recent pictures, Gcode and STL below. As you can see the missed wall is inside and outside the model. Sliced at 0.2height, 4walls (in this case), 0.00 wipe distance, 0 outer wall inset, optimize wall printing order, compensate wall overlaps (compensate inner wall overlaps), min wall flow 0%, fill gaps between walls everywhere, print thin walls. Help needed please as I am don't know what I am missing! failedprint.gcode lincolnLSTL.stl
  17. I may have expressed myself indistinctly. In my world (development and manufacturing), not having fun is having a problem. The note is still missing that not every filament is suitable for cleaning.😉
  18. Hi cashlo, As your scope reference is floating at +24 V DC and your scope read an "AC" signal you will only see the pulse peak signal input to the base of T1 that's receive PWM pulses at max 5 V peak from the microprocessor. This is indicating that the transistor T1 BC817 is not working, when it is working there should be a 24 V peak PWM signal here. BC817 is a very small transistor.. Good Luck Torgeir
  19. I don't speak Spanish, but if you have flow sensor errors you can turn those off i the settings menu. (the cause can be your filament type or the slicer/profile you used or tweaked. (E.G: flexible materials can't be printed very fast with a bowden tube, so our profiles for example with TPU are printing a bit slower)) If you have errors during the height probe of the buildplate then I suggest you contact your reseller. If it's something else, I can't help you with such a vague request.
  20. @geert_2 Thanks for your answer. Sorry, I did not get a Mail. I am not afraid of the bacteria. I am afraid of very harmful materials like BPA (softeners/plasticizers?) that are causing cancer... The armrings from my kids are made of harmless silicone. I am not sure about TPU and the Datasheets do not say a word about this.
  21. You might be in for a surprise very soon 😉
  22. Ich versuche ein Teil in Cura zu Slicen bei dem an einer ganz bestimmten Stelle sich die "Line Directions" nicht beeinflussen lassen. Der Layer darunter hat Teilweise keinen Support und für besseres Bridging wollte ich die Linien reorientieren. Layer unter dem Fehler: Seltsamer Layer: Layer darüber mit wieder richtigen Orientierung: Das hat aber wie auf den Bildern zu sehen nicht geklappt, die Linien zeigen auf diesem Layer sogar in eine Richtung, die sie in keinem Fall haben sollten. Weder 45 noch -45, wie eingestellt sondern fast parallel zur Außenwand des Teils. Es wird sogar noch verrückter. Auf dem vierten Bild habe ich das Teil verschoben und die Linien bleiben einfach relativ zum Teil gleich orientiert! Habe schon mit ein paar Einstellungen rum gespielt aber dieser Layer lässt sich einfach nicht abändern. Ich Habe die STL selber in Fusion erstellt. Vielleicht weiß ja jemand, woran das liegen könnte? Projekt File ist hier:CE3_Leg.3mf
  23. Ciao, continuo ad avere problemi durante la stampa dell'estrusore 2. Continua a dirmi che manca il filato, ma in realta il filato è presente, dopo 3/4 volte che effettuo il riprendi stampa, effettivamente riprende ma dopo circa 30 minuti mi si ripete il problema con errore di mancanza filo. Qualcuno puo risolvere? Michele
  24. No problemo, en plus j'ai appris quelquechose 🙂
  25. Bonjour, Parfait, c'est ce que je voulais, je viens de faire l'essai sur une petite pièce. Résolu... Merci
  26. But compatibility mode is also used if the Open GL version is less than 4.1. Take a log at the cura.log file and you will see what version is being detected. Maybe a driver update is required?
  1. Load more activity