All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hi guys, I seem to have a little problem at the moment. I am trying to look for Cura's previous version as it had some time ago in a drop down list and you chose whatever version was suitable for you but I now can not find nor see where you can download a previous Cura version. I have Cura 4.3.0 but it has proved to be a disaster as my prints looked chopped and horrible. I want to go back to Cura 4.2.0 but I can only see a page where it says previous version but with a page that only has zip files that don't work. Can someone help me? Many thanks, Tiimy
  3. Today
  4. Muy buen día Amigo. he estado revisando la información en ingles sobre el problema debido a que yo tenia el mismo inconveniente. la forma de solucionar este problema es ejecutar el diagnostico de compatibilidad del programa, el cual lo ejecuta como win 8 y permite que funcione de manera correcta. espero que te sea de ayuda y a todos los que por curiosidad o buscando solución miren esta comunidad.
  5. Hallo , kann mir jemand sagen wie ich "Einstellungen pro Objekt" in Cura 4.3.0 aktivieren kann ist bei mir ausgegraut, sowohl bei stl-dateinen aus Thinkiverse als auch bei selbst erstellten dateien
  6. play with the initial layer thickness until the letters show in the first layer. There is also another little trick: print the first layer thin with the letters, pause the print, change the colour and resume the print. In your case I would start with one thin layer with the letters and stop the print, change the colour, change the first layer thickness to a solid first layer and print over the first layer. Info from an old topic:
  7. I've also submitted a feature request on GitHub, but I can't upload pictures there, so I'm adding a thread here as well. https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/6555 Basically, when printing objects with staged "top" layers (think stairs), Cura will try not to create skin whereever there is an additional layer on top. I want it to create skin across the whole layer, because for small prints it's likely a waste of time, and it doesn't look good (with ironing on, for example). Here's an example from Cura: The letters in the middle are now one layer high. You can clearly see the outline Cura leaves. It seems inefficient, and the result isn't all that great. But maybe it's merely a customizing issue anyway?
  8. I can try changing a lot of settings, but I think this sudden shift in print quality after - I don't know maybe - 30% of the layers for BOTH the ratchet AND the turnkey - it's very strange ... and has this anything to do with "Max comb distance" ? Notice I did NOT change anything in the profile from the RED to the GREY ratchet !
  9. Two suggestions for the ratchet: 1 - reduce the max comb distance with no retract to a much smaller value, i.e 5 or 10 rather than the 30 it is now. 2 - try not printing outer walls first (not sure about this, maybe worth trying.
  10. If you use gyroid infill with the connect infill lines option enabled you will not get many retractions and also you can get away with lower density, e.g 15% compared to 20.
  11. Outer Before Inner Walls ? That option reverses the wall order but does not solve the problem. Each perimeter of the same wall is printed separately no matter what i do. Cura did this since the start. Slicer also does that. Annoying as hell. I dont understand why when printing a circle, you want to retract, then travel to a new place, prime and then draw, then retract, travel back where you came, prime and continue the same circle. Why not just start and finish the circle before traveling somewhere ? Is it so hard to do ? Its common sense. You print one part at the time unless something gets in the way that forces you to shift. In this case, absolutely nothing was in the way. You can literally make 2 holes and it will print them one perimeter at the time instead of all perimeters of the same circle at once. Looking at the color by line type, for some reasons one of the walls perimeter color is the color of infill. Thats probably the reason why cura is confused. It thinks that its not a wall at all. Maybe its an easy fix ?
  12. Infill at 20% will have too many retractions taking place. Is there a way to limit the amount of retractions for infill only ? I cannot limit retractions for walls because before each wall approach, retraction MUST take place. For infill, its not that critical because its inside and stringiness or even partially dry areas are not problem because its inside the mode. Is there any way to achieve this ?
  13. I believe this is because they print the inner walls first and then the outer walls...or thr reverse if you select that setting. If you had 3 walls I think you’d see it do the two inner walls on each numbered shape, and then the outer walls.
  14. As you can see here, each wall is printed one after another. Each wall is 1mm thick. Nozzle is 0.5mm so each wall will have nozzle outlining them 2 times, correct ? Correct. Problem is that it DOES NOT. It outlines once, then changes to another wall, and so on, until it comes all the way back around continuing to the end. This problem existed for ages and i dont understand why of all the features there are, behavior is the same for ages.
  15. Have you tried lowering the "minimum support area" setting to 0?
  16. Download the file at the top of this thread. Rename it by right clicking the file and selecting rename. Just the whole name to Zmorph.curaprofile Now go to Settings -> Profile -> Manage profiles. It will warn you to create a printer first. The way out of this mousetrap is to create a printer but you wont see it in the list so you write a new one: "Zmporph" Go back to the profiles tab and Import your profile. Browse for that same Zmorph.curaprofile you renamed earlier and upload it. Now it created Zmorph #2. Focus on that one. Kill the Cura software. Start it up again. Go to Settings -> Profile -> Zmorph #2 and click it to jump to that profile in your workspace proceed to import your 3D file and manipulate it from there. Hope it helps.
  17. Yesterday
  18. Here it is for the rachet Rachet.3mf
  19. Here is a hardly modified UMO+. It is in the german forums but there are many pictures.
  20. groot_w_stand.stlI am trying to print a standing baby groot. Unfortunately, Cura does not generate supports for the fingers on the left hand. I tried using a separate box with "per-model" support settings, but Cura still will not generate supports for the fingers regardless of the angle setting. I have the latest Cura 4.3 slicer. See attached. Thank you for your help! groot_w_stand.stl groot_w_stand.stl
  21. In order to get any reasonable help with this it would be best to post a 3mf project file (in Cura, with the model loaded and settings like you are ready to print, use File.Save (not Export) to save the file).
  22. Thank you for the suggestion, Peggy, It doesn't look like it will result in what I'm desiring though. This preview shows a base layer without any of the design element... I recognize it is probably impossible to do a full, bau relief on the base layer without some intentionality in designing and water soluble support, or something... but I'm looking for the visual design element like in the example from Rifraf on Thingiverse...
  23. It is important to reinstall the later versions. What Microsoft means by “compatible” is that they are backwards compatible. This means that the classes and functions that existed in the older versions still work the same way and thus older programs can work with them. However, a newer program can use things added in the later versions. If a program does not use anything newer, you’re OK. But if it does, it will crash when it tries to use that functionality. You may have researched a lot about it...I’ve been programming in Windows since V3.0, with over 10 years of that being at Microsoft.
  24. Anything is possible in theory. But no, not easily. Also, I would not start hacking away at that plugin to get to know Cura; it does some pretty aweful tricks.
  25. Before I take a look, is there a way to mod your sidebar plugin to add an option to the right click context menu of a setting? I might hack away at that. I am pretty new to the UI framework cura uses.
  26. I've had many problem since I updated from Cura 4.2.1 to Cura 4.3.0 ! Now it seems like my first 30% of the layers are way too thick ! In Fusion 360 I have drawn a ratchet, sliced it with 4.2.1 and printed it out (the red one on the pictures) and it's OK and well shaped ! Now I try the same Fusion file and slice it with 4.3.0 and the SAME PROFILE - the gray one on the pictures - it looks like _BEEP_ ! Look at the end of the gray shaft - the first many layers are too thick and it gives this "light bulb like" shape of the end the shaft - it should be round and it was when I printed with 4.2.1 ! (Sorry for the shaft is turned upside down !) I don't think I can find any wrong settings in Cura and on the Cura screen there is nothing like it to see at all. I'm not at all skilled in reading G-code - so please can anyone tell me what's wrong here ? TurnKey.gcode Ratchet.gcode
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!