Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hello Has anyone tried to build a bigger sized Ultimaker 2+ using the same mainboard and the same technology, but with a bigger bed? Being a Ultimaker 2+ user for years it seems to me like an interesting idea.
  3. Today
  4. Hmm okay, I've set that setting to "Exclusive" in order to achieve better dimensional accuracy in the x- and y-directions
  5. Qu'est-ce que tu appelles "plaque d'origine en verre" ? Moi j'ai un plateau en verre. Alors, j'ai tenté un nouvel essais et je suis parvenu à stabiliser la matière: J'ai recalibrer le plateau de sorte à ce qu'il y aie un frottement prononcé avec une feuille de papier style prospectus (vous savez, ce qui est lisse et brillant, là), quand je passe la feuille entre la buse et le plateau, le plateau s'abaisse un peu. Bon, perso' je trouve que c'est pas normal, car on dit "léger frottement, en théorie". J'ai mis la température de la buse à 245 au lieu de 250 mais avec une crainte d'une altération de qualité de la matière. J'ai mis le plateau à 115° au lieu de 110° (Pour une UM2+, 115 est le maximum, on peut pas monter plus haut) et j'ai laissé la couche de Dimafix que j'avais mise. Plaque frontale en plexyglass et ventilateur secondaire à 0 % J'ai lu sur internet quelques explications sur le Polycarbonate et on explique qu'il faut une bonne chaleur pour bien imprimer, pour l'adhésion, on parle d'une feuille de polycarbonate ou de Garolite (Ultimaker print kit ???) et surtout désactiver les ventilo' secondaires. J'ai eu un beau résultat, sans problème de décollage, grâce au produit Dimafix. Par contre, je n'ai pas déterminé quelle point fut en faveur de la réussite de l'impression: est-ce la température de la buse ou le calibrage ?
  6. Drossie

Aquasys 120

Goedemorgen, Zijn er hier al mensen met ervaringen met Aquasys 120? Ik ben zelf erg benieuwd. Alleen zit ik met 1 uitdaging om er überhaupt mee te kunnen printen; In Cura is het materiaal profiel makkelijk toe te voegen. Alleen op de S5 (met material station) kan ik het materiaal niet selecteren/vinden als generic. En dus ook geen print maken. (alle laatste software en firmware update zijn geïnstalleerd) Iemand een idee hoe dit op te lossen is? Of ben ik gewoon ergens een vinkje vergeten 😮 🙂 Merci!
  7. good morning, it came out amazing - its 0.15layer height, 30% infill, no support. just pretty small failures under the ring, but in general im more then happy. Used ABS for that. Thanks for the support.
  8. It looks like I've replied in the wrong spot! My problem is that the computer doesn't see the printer so I'm not sure a different slicer will change things. Still, I,ll give it a try.
  9. The printer is actually a Chinese clone ! I,m just starting out and was looking for a cheap entry point. Still, I,ll have a look to see if it works. Cura comes with the printer's CD.
  10. Load your model, and then go the File -> Save as... to save a project file. Put it somehwere we can download it (dropbox, google drive, mega) so we can have a look at what is going wrong.
  11. The first line homes the printhead. The second line moves the platform down (or the print head up) by 15 mm. The last three lines prime the extruder. I would say that that part of the gcode is fairly well commented. G28 should home all axes: X, Y and Z. After this command, the nozzle should touch the buildplate. If it doesn't, your printer firmware or hardware is not properly configured.
  12. Hello! How can I access my Ultimaker S5 with the iPhone app if I am not in the wifi network? I have already set up the Ultimaker digital factory! thank you!
  13. 😕 Ultimaker never changes existing profiles for 3rd party slicers. It is up to printer makers or the community to provide profiles for those printers. Also, you should have seen the backlash when the profiles for the Creality printers were changed to a set of popular profiles contributed by a community member...
  14. Could you please show with one or more screenshots, and explain what is wrong about it?
  15. Is it still good to use Tinker Firmware with my Ultimaker 2+ extended? or beter use stock firmware?
  16. Did you check all other settings? There are many in Cura that can make things go faster or slower and need more or less material!
  17. Hello, I am running Cura 4.5 and have searched the internet and forums, but have not found an answer to my question. Is it possible to label (or insert an image) for the front of the bed in Cura's 3D view of the print and bed surface? I know I can look to see where the X axis is and then make sure I look at the printer when applying my adhesive, but it would be neat if Cura had the option to label which edge of the bed square is the "front" of the printer. Thanks for any help! -m
  18. Alors. avec la plaque d'origine de mon UM2, le Polycarbonate a arraché des écailles de verre tant il adhère...Donc , je ne comprends pas pourquoi tu as des soucis, à la base... Pour moi, c'est plaque d'origine en verre parfaitement dégraissée, avec rien du tout dessus, ou alors un peu de laque pour... éviter que ça ne colle trop! e J'ai deux profils, pour les variantes de filaments que j'ai utilisé, ils sont semblables: 225-230° pour la buse de 0.4, et 70-75 ° pour le bed (110° pour moi c'est clairement trop chaud!)... Par contre j'ai augmenté le débit sur la machine à 107% pour le PC, et 105 % pour le PETG. Je ne sais pas pourquoi mais ça marche mieux comme ça! Pour les deux, Fan 100% . Mais je pense vraiment que tu as un défaut d'adhérence, et qu'il y a peut-être un bug dans ta méthode pour régler la hauteur de buse... ou alors tus as les mains très grasses et tu touches trop ton bed.
  19. What I found out today! - the x/y rods are not rigidly mounted! They are held in place by... I assume magnets? The X rod shifted to the right, so that the rod end missed the limiter switch. After electrically assessing and attempting to repair the limiter switch, I realized it wasn't the issue at all! A bit of shifting the rod to the left fixed the issue!
  20. Call me OCD, but I would like a way to export (in human readable format) ALL of the print settings in a profile. I want the entire tree seen in Custom view, not just the few I see when I try to export them now. Is this possible? Thank you.
  21. Yesterday
  22. Update, I found where my problem lies, it's saving a code for the start of each print, I pulled this apart and got closer results could someone please explain what each of these steps are exactly so i know which to change G28 ;Home G1 Z15.0 F6000 ;Move the platform down 15mm ;Prime the extruder G92 E0 G1 F200 E3 G92 E0
  23. When using different printers to slice some very thin-walled and supported parts, the mass and material consumption varies massively when sliced with Ultimaker S5 and say Creality CR10-S4. I uploaded a 200x200x200 cube file that replicates or imitates my situation very well. It's a cube that has a wall thickness of 0.5mm and i manually added some extra support inside (I am not using the infill setting because i want to control the location of the support better). Both are done with 0.4mm nozzle and 100% infill. Picture "1.png" is Ultimaker S5 (comparable result with my CAD mass result), picture "2.png" is Creality CR10-S4. I even took the Ultimaker profile and exported it, but the result was the same. Previewing the layers i didn't see anything that seemed off or wrong... Does anyone know what's going on here? Cube.STL
  24. Sorry for the confusion Gr5, it is the PauseAtHeight.PY that I've been customizing. Tinkergnome - There it was in the log - "Invalid use of tabs and spaces line 328". An easy fix. Now if I fall asleep in my chair the machine will wake me up. Edit: OK. I figured out the loading problem as well. Renamed the attribute and it's all good. Back in the day I wrote an alpine ski race scoring program in the Excel 4.0 macro language. When that became defunct I had to port 30,000 lines of code (actually cells of code) over to VBA. So necessarily I learned VBA. I think in 2001 I had code for 15 different timer models to dump their data directly into Excel. There was no common firmware even within a manufacturer. It was all text based but the syntax was different model-to-model. TagHuer went one way, Alge went another, Brower a third way, etc. Learning Python is going to be difficult as I have more unlearning to do. Where I would like to end up is writing a standalone program for a front end for my printer (the design is done and written in VBA so I would port it over to VB or Python). I'd consider that a good ending for a guy that started with analog computers.
  25. No, never ever 😀 Just a few short hints, tutorials (maybe bed leveling), everything else is too time consuming for me.
  26. So you're working on your YouTube career?
  1. Load more activity