All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I had this too, I use Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. I deleted the QT shader cache by emtying the folder ~/.cache/qtshadercache and it showed all menus again. Seems like QT having hiccups from time to time... :-) Have fun! Mike
  3. https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/6513 Apparently this is a bug. I hope this will get updated soon
  4. Yes, before the V6 I had a PTFE heatbreak which was very forgiving. I recently noticed that the mounting set up I was using wasnt allowing the fan to properly mount in the heat sync so I'm hoping that will help.
  5. Today
  6. Strange, so filament is extruding during the loading process and you get definitely filament out of the nozzle? Check if the tension of the feeder is in the middle position, you should see a small indicator. It seems that for whatever reason the filament cannot be extruded during your print and that's the reason why feeder wheel grinds your material. So we have to check why. Do you print with default speeds? Printing a way too fast could cause the issue. Printing too cold too. You can also check if you get the same result with another print core. You should have another AA 0.4 in the box.
  7. The thing is that the problem occurs "within" the horizontal cylinders. When I enlarge the cylinders using the CAD software and I slice it I see more alternating layers, i.e. one layer with both materials and one with only "material 1". 1) Attached are some screenshots 2) The CAD is Autodesk's Fusion 360
  8. A print failed, while I was out of the house. Material pushed in between and behind the printhead. In removing the backed up material, I disconnected some wires, and now cannot get the printheads out to clean and access area the wires need to be re-inserted. Any help appreciated. Neal
  9. Price? My 3 Extended is not functioning at moment, could drive and get it over a weekend Neal
  10. by previously you mean before you switched to the E3D v6? It once happened to me that there was not enough airflow flowing past the heat sink of the hotend (cold zone) which allowed heat to creap up past the heatbreak, this caused my filament to stick to the walls of the heat sink, making retractions a lot harder. This could be the case but that totally depends on the design of the hotend/extruder. In most (older) hotend designs this was not much of an issue because a PTFE heatbreak was used to isolate the filament from the metal parts of the hotend, the E3D V6 is an all metal hotend, and thus without a PTFE heatbreak, making propper cooling even more important.
  11. Hi, I recently bought a UM S5 and am trying to accomplish my first print. I loaded the PVA as spool 2 and the tough PLA as spool 1. Loading the material works for both and I also get solid material pushed through the nozzle when loading. This all according the books. The problem though is that during printing the tough PLA (spool 1) doesn't load anymore. When I abort printing and pull back the filament I see that the filament is worn out by the traction wheel of feeder 1. Does anyone know what causes this?
  12. I recently installed a E3D V6 all metal hot-end on my Ender and I've been wrestling with it quite a bit when printing PLA. I'm a bit confused with what works better... I've read in some places that you should print 10-15C hotter than you normally would with PLA (https://letsprint3d.net/all-metal-hotends-troubleshooting-guide/). Yet, when it comes to addressing partial clogs or jams I'm told to print cooler to prevent heat creep. Anybody willing to share their experiences?
  13. Previously this was not needed though, which is why I'm puzzled a bit. Is it due to the design or is there an issue with my hardware?
  14. That sounds strange. It sounds like a problem with your model. Maybe the seam where the two cylinders connect has gaps or other errors in the model. Please: 1) Show some photos to explain both in normal view, xray view, and slice view (for xray view there is a drop down in top left area when in preview mode) 2) Tell us what CAD you are using or is this a model from someone else?
  15. Thank you for weighing in @Theodork! I do appreciate the thoughts as I am still a complete novice! The design I desire to be a through-and-through, the bottom is mirrored by identical to the top. The two photos are the top and bottom sides of the two tokens I allowed to print all the way through. And there is far greater detail on the top of the print than the bottom. ... ... ... I'm probably going to attempt to do a negative/recessed impression on the bottom and raised on the top, attempting to portray the designed being stamped through the token... but once I have a bit more time. (I have two college papers to work on today which I have procrastinated on some.) As to the line width being too thin, I've already discovered that 😖 But it is a very good reminder! Once again, I appreciate any and all feedback on this! Thanks!
  16. Oliveros

ColorFabb HT

Hopefully someone will still be around to answer this. How do the layers come out, it's hard to see on the pictures. I noticed Nylon seems very smooth, hows this compared to Nylon?
  17. Thanks :) The eye hand coordination is improving. But I am still very slow. Things that would have taken, say an hour, now takes many hours. Then, there is the 'planning' aspect of things. The saving grace on this piece was that it is basically 'colour by numbers' by way of 'divided areas of colour'. And, it took a lot of painting over and over. Even just following rules of tone and complimentary colours was very, very tedious whereas it used to just flow from the brain to the hands. In the effort to increase some of these capabilities and to get more on where I used to be I have been doing pen an ink drawings in the style of Franklin Booth. But, coming from you, I take this as a great compliment. And, I look forward to seeing your painted prints. :)
  18. That looks like the sort of thing I'd prefer - still not cheap, but none of them seem to be. Thanks!
  19. I am attempting a dual extrusion job. In the design, I have some solid cylinders (material 2) oriented horizontally and spanning several layers within a larger cylinder (material 1) which is vertical. When I slice this, the horizontal cylinders are sliced only every other layer so the printer extrudes "material 2" every other layer while "material 1" is extruded every layer. Any idea of the reason this is happening and how to resolve this issue? Thank you!
  20. On my UMO I have built this temperature mesurement system: https://e3d-online.com/v6-pt100-upgrade-kit It works great! You juste have to exchange 2 wires because the outpout of the amplifier board isn't in the same order as the input on the ultimanboard. On the left the Pt100 board, signal wire is in the middle, on the right the Ultimaker board 1.5.7, the signal wire is in the middle. After that you go to: https://bultimaker.bulles.eu/ This is to build the new firmware, you muste chose "temperature sensor like Ultmaker 2" Hope this will help you!
  21. Yes that explains why your first layer has a height of 0.3mm. It is a default behavior in Cura that the first layer height is a little bit more than the configured layer height. It also depends on the layer height you configure, so it is not always 0.3. Opinions as to what is better are different. A higher Layer Height should ensure that an uneven print bed is better compensated. But if you don't like it, just set the First Layer Height manually to the value you want or to the general Layer Height.
  22. this guy has done some nice things with a 5-axis 3d printer: https://makezine.com/2019/01/03/5-axis-3d-printing-brings-new-possibilities/
  23. When I expand the selection to view the Initial Layer Height it is set to 0.3mm. Does that explain the issue? Why is this the default?
  24. If you check the ultimaker github repository you can find the designs of the printer and you can figure out the technical specifications
  25. Yep, I realize that now. I figured the UM PEI would work similarly to the previous PEI I was using. Normally bare glass or very light glue stick is all I use for all my materials.
  26. I did not configure the first layer height separately but the layer height is configured at 0.2mm. See the attached screen shot.
  27. This is not an issue of the printer when the stream is working from the same room. I guess it isn't really the same network, different subnets without the proper routing between them, can deny such requests. So only your IT Department can solve this issue. But, be aware that they should only open/allow access to port 8080. Otherwise your printer is accessible also for someone else and via the Cura Connect page, someone else can cancel prints or reprint something from the history.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!