All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Do you use UM material or any other brand? If any other brand you have to choose Generic CPE (which is actually PETG) and the same in Cura. The notification message occurs when you have different materials specified during filament loading and what you have configured in Cura. When you have added your own materials then it is important that the material typ is (in that case) CPE. Then the internal GUID is the same for your custom created material and the Generic CPE material on the printer. Here you can a more deeper explanation:
  3. Which height is configured for the first layer in Cura?
  4. I think the smart resellers have not shipped it yet and are waiting for the next firmware version but a few resellers have shipped some material handlers. I have no idea which resellers are willing to ship it already. This is just my opinion. I don't work for Ultimaker.
  5. That's normal. It won't load until after you start a print job. It might not even load until after autolevel is complete (not sure).
  6. In which country has the station already been shipped? I'm still waiting here in Germany...
  7. I have been wondering why my first layers are not sticking well. I checked my manual leveling using a 0.06mm feeler gauge and it seems fine. I then tried printing a part and turning the printer off at the first layer. I then measured the height (gap) with feeler gauges and measured 0.38mm. I looked at the GCODE file and found that the Z Height was being set to 0.3mm (G1 F600 Z0.3). See the code below: Why does Cura do this? ;FLAVOR:Marlin ;TIME:1127 ;Filament used: 0.595774m ;Layer height: 0.2 ;MINX:79.2 ;MINY:79.2 ;MINZ:0.3 ;MAXX:120.8 ;MAXY:120.8 ;MAXZ:2.5 ;Generated with Cura_SteamEngine 4.3.0 M82 ;absolute extrusion mode G21 ; metric values G90 ; absolute positioning M82 ; set extruder to absolute mode M107 ; start with the fan off M140 S105 ; Set bed temperature (no wait) G28 X Y F6000 ; move X/Y to min endstops G28 Z F1200 ; move Z to min endstops ; raise the nozzle M190 S105 ; wait for bed temperature to reach target M104 S220 T0 ; set extruder temperature (no wait) G29 ; auto-leveling M420 S1 ; enable bed leveling compensation M109 S220 T0 ; set extruder temperature and wait M300 P200 ; beep to indicate that the temp is reached G0 F5000 X10 Y10 Z0.3 ; move to start G1 F500 X60.0 E9 ; start purge line G1 X150.0 E18.5 ; finish purge line G92 E0 ; set extruder to zero M117 Printing from Cura...; message G92 E0 G92 E0 G1 F1200 E-0.5 ;LAYER_COUNT:12 ;LAYER:0 M107 G1 F600 Z1.3 ;MESH:Nozzle Fan Spacer.stl G0 F2400 X81.795 Y83.534 Z1.3 ;TYPE:WALL-INNER G1 F600 Z0.3 G1 F1200 E0 G1 F600 X81.749 Y84.028 E0.02475 G1 X81.804 Y84.495 E0.04821
  8. Anybody know why this message appears? Thanks in advance for the support! Best, Daniel
  9. Today
  10. What do you mean about right clicking and save the new file? I am confused on what I save and where to?
  11. Hallo Ja es sollte cura 4.3 verwendet werden die verlangten Informationen sind wie folgt. Intel Core i7 7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz 8GB 7.88Verwendbar 64Bit x64 basierter prozessor Windows 10 Pro Version:1903 18362.418 Es wird nur 1 Bildschirm benutzt. Es ist nur die Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 verwendet. (Ist die einzige) Grafikkartentreiber ist aktuell(suchte gerade noch nach update) Viren scanner hat keinen Alarm geschlagen oder irgendwelche Dateien Blockiert.
  12. I have not seen a material station in action yet, but I guess the loading process is how it should work. You load the material into the station, not into the print core. The idea behind is, that you load for example all 6 spools with different materials and as soon as you send a print job to the printer, the needed material will be loaded from the material station to the print core automatically.
  13. Naja, es gab erstmal ne längere Pause der (wie soll ich 's sagen) gelinden Fassungslosigkeit.😞 Experimentierphase schon lange vorbei und plötzlich streikt DER Drucker der superverlässlich drucktunddrucktunddruckt... auf einmal... menno 😭
  14. Das ist meistens so, dass es im unpassendsten Moment auftritt 🙂 Mit Ruhe und Geduld an die Sache ran gehen ist dann immer am Besten.
  15. Hello, Maybe you're right...though I would be surprised to have got a defect one...at least from what I can see the Material Station is in good condition, and seemed to work in terms on loading material and displaying data from coils. But after loading the filament tip ( sharp cut) with its motors. It does not drive the filament through the bowden to the printcores... I gave up, and moved back to 5.2.11... ...If any one has a video of loading a coil and starting print with 5.4.6, please share... HW
  16. Hi Smithy, der mittlere Lüfter auf der Rückseite des Druckkopfes funktioniert bzw. läuft. Müsste aber mal dabei bleiben und checken ob er auch wirklich (immer) anbleibt.... Es gab bei einem anderen Thread mit dem selben Thema eine schöne, lange Liste was alles der Grund sein könnte. Bin leider gerade länger nicht im Workshop. Das meiste habe ich aber schon "abgearbeitet". Zu viel Feuchtigkeit (s. Maguras Tipp oben) war aber z.B. nicht dabei. Wenn ich zurück komme mache ich mich (mit etwas mehr "Distanz") nochmal in aller Ruhe an das Problem. Denn NATÜRLICH passierte das als ich kurz vor einer längeren Geschäftsreise war (argh!) Vielen Dank erstmal 🙂
  17. Hi Andy, an eine verstopfte Düse dachte ich auch zuerst. (Verbrannte Reste sind eher nicht drin.) Hatte u.a. deshalb auch die Düse gewechselt um das Problem (nach dem zweiten Mal) schneller zu lösen, was nicht funtioniert hat :-( Eigentlich dachte ich beim Wechsel zu einer brandneuen Rolle (war noch im Plastik) hätte ich ein Feuchtigkeitsproblem ausgeschlossen. Dabei fällt mir ein dass das Problem erst auftauchte als es draussen kälter wurde. Könnte also (feines) Kondeswasser sein... Hmm. Danke für den Tipp. Wenn ich wieder im Workshop bin probiere ich mal ein Filament aus meinen Trockenboxen aus, in denen ich das normalerweise lagere. Ist vielleicht auch eine gute idee in dem Teil wo der Drucker steht einen Lufttrockner reinzustellen.... In den letzten kühleren Perioden hatte ich das Problem eigentlich nicht. Hmm.
  18. I don't think it was the reason, because when the PVA was not sticking to the glass, then you should see the PVA anywhere else. So I guess it was not really extruding. Did you start the calibration right after installation of the printer? If so, then this was the reason. I heard about a problem/bug, that after the welcome setup the material could be retracted too much, that you don't have the filament at the nozzle when needed. Don't worry, this is just during the setup.
  19. No it is just on/off This is easy, when you change filament you usually do a unload and load. During the load the nozzle is primed as long as press OK on the printer. So let it prime as long as the color is fine and not mixed.
  20. Je kunt met CURA de gcode bestuderen en zien of de lagen correct worden geprint. Je kunt zelf in de gcode zoeken naar de opdracht de z-as een laagje op te schuiven. Je kunt voor de zekerheid de z-as nog eens smeren en een aantal keren op-en-neer bewegen.
  21. Hello, the seventh file "PauseAtHeight.py". once in Cura following Robkleinpeter's procedure, you can choose pause at height or pause at layer. good luck, have a nice day.
  22. you say to go thru the marketplace button in Cura and search in the marketplace, but I don't see an option to search for anything. Did something change?
  23. Just now learning about this... Is there a way to adjust the Prime Blob in Cura, or is it simply "On / Off" ? Also, is there a "best" or even "suggested" method of priming (in this type of fashion) if one decides to change filament colors mid-print on a design which is sliced as mono-filament?
  24. Yes that is going to have an effect. The bigger the contact area of the bottom layer, the better it is going to stick. And the smaller the design elements, the easier they can bridge gaps without turning into spaghetti. I don't know the official terminology, but usually I speak about "raised" or "recessed" text or design features. So if the recessed seems to work better, definitely try that.
  25. I upgraded from CURA 3.X to 4.3. In the left picture my first printing with CURA 4.3, Z axis stepping out was occurred. And in the right picture, as you see, left one is printed by CURA 3.X and the other is printed by CURA 4.3. Both are same settings. If you have an experience like me, please give me an advice. Thank you in advance! Regards, Clara
  26. Problem with extra shell wall I resolve by add parameter "Wall line count = 0". And with Cubic infill pattern it's great: But when I used Cubic Subdivision : CFFFP_Puzzle.3mf
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!