Jump to content

Leaderboard


Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 05/19/2017 in all areas

  1. 4 points
    Hello everybody First of all I would like to say a big compliment to this great invention, good job (thumbs up). Now I present here my project, in which I could use a Mark2 Dual Extrusion very well. My English is not so good (Google helps), so I try to show it better with some pictures. Info first: - My father passionately likes Go Kart and for that we have made some tuning parts with my UM2. - The construction plans in the pictures come from different spare parts catalogs, so the item numbers are different. Project: This project was about improving Go Kart performance. The membrane is an important part of the system. In this case, it was important to ensure that the geometry has a wave shape without edges (see the 2 rectangle) so that the gasoline can flow cleanly (see arrows). More faster and without disturbing is better. Here are some pictures, CAD and printed membranes. In addition, seals and a plate had to be designed and adapted. Now a few pictures so you can see where these membranes, seals and the plate are installed. Pos. 34 + 35 are now 3 pieces (membrane, plate and seal) Now a few pictures of the single parts: Seal printed with Ninjaflex. Plate printed in PLA: Here you can see where all parts are mounted on the Go Kart: My father has tested the printed parts and the original parts on a long weekend and was very happy. In his opinion, the Go Kart with the printed part even ran a little better. Unfortunately, the design was not quite tight after a few laps the gasoline spurts out a bit, very fine splashes. The problem is that there is a very high pressure in the engine. The seals were probably pushed away from the printed plate (in the picture the plate is unfortunately aluminum because I can not find the printed plate atm). The red arrows show where the gasoline escapes. Goal: I would like to modify all parts and then print them in one piece. For this, the Mark2 Dual Extrusion would be the perfect solution. I could print the PLA and Ninjaflex parts in one piece. This one could prevent that no more gasoline can "drip" from the connections between plate and seals. I hope you liked my project and understand, what my problem was/is and how I would finish the project. Any questions? Thanks and regards pixl2
  2. 2 points
    Hello, Here is my entry for the contest: About a year ago I started playing airsoft (its like paintball without the paint) with a collegae of mine which has been playing for more than 10 years. I was hooked the first time playing. But I found out that there was a big problem a lot of players had and that the safety goggles where fogging up. And when they do you can't play anymore because there is no visibility. Some people clean the goggle in field which is very dangerous, so I started asking around and looking on the internet for anti-fog protection goggles without succes. Than the idea hit me that in every car the rear windshield is electrically heated with resistance wire. So I thought about using that for my own goggle design. There was another problem that I have prescription glasses for far sight and they also would fog, so I had to integrate them. I made a frame with 3 layers of glass the first layer was the glass from a Bolle X1000 protection goggle which I digitized using a lot of photos in autodesk memento which creates a 3D mesh model. The second layer are the prescription glasses and the last layer is a peace of acryl which was laser cut with small holes on the edge to put the resistance wire in. That all is mounted in a 3D printed frame of PLA. In the first field test it worked perfect no fogging issues anymore, there is only one problem with the PLA 3D printed frame that is not very comfortable on my face due to the stiffness of PLA. And also printing in PLA with the large overhangs creates messy prints which can be seen on the top left side of the picture below. So it would be nice to be able to print it in a flexible material but for that i would need also PVA due to the large overhangs. Which I'm now not able to do with my UM2. So I definitely going to mount the Mark2 kit if I win it or not.
  3. 1 point
    Check two things: Make sure you got the latest version of the Cura definition files? There was an error with the initial start / prime positions in the first github version. Second, in the firmware check Dual extrusion - > wiping position and set the y value to something like 40 mm.
  4. 1 point
    First the obvious, you did install the Mark2 version of the firmware? You did not start with the 2th already mounted? Although I think there should be a failsafe for this just be sure to have the 2th head docked at start.
  5. 1 point
    Sous cura 5, pour les um3 et l'option 'print sequence" est caché, tu peut la coché mais tu ne la verra pas ! Pour l'activer, faut allez dans le code du programme, rien de sorcier mais ne touche a rien d'autre ;-) tu va dans le dossier d'installation de cura 5 > chez moi perso : D:\Programme\cura 2.5\resources\definitions Dans le dossier definitions ouvre : fdmprinter.def trouve la ligne all at once et et modifie le 1 par 2 (comme sur l'image) Puis tu peut rouvrir cura 5 / parametre de cura / coche si ce n'est pas fait séquence d'impression et il sera la !
  6. 1 point
    Uh, that should work. Sounds like you found a bug we missed.
This leaderboard is set to Amsterdam/GMT+02:00
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!