Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 09/14/2020 in all areas

  1. Hi guys, After years of following the evolution of the mark2 project, I finally got my hands on relatively cheap second-hand Ultimaker 2 (non plus that wasn't in the best shape to be honest) and did the upgrade a week after receiving the machine! As a UMO veteran - not even the Ulticontroller was around when I first got my machine xD- I am super amazed how well the mark2 does! While I have been playing around with the original dual extrusion upgrade, I must say that the mark2 is lightyears ahead in every concern!! I created a magnetic head for my e3d-hotend that I'll be sharing any time soon : As well as a basic blade-holder for a vinyl-cutter to mimic a design I found here: @IRobertI With all of this being WIP, I am looking forward to try the cutter as soon as the blade arrives and give the e3D Hotend a try (all cables on the second head are already equipped with molex connectors to enable a very quick head-swap)!! Update: Turns out, that the mark2 penholder is a much besser way to attach the blade to the printer, as it exactly fits the 11m diameter of Roland-like blade holders AND also holdes a pen firmly! I adapted the design by making is little longer and tried it on the printer just yesterday, as I am still in the gcode generation process, there are no pics or upload yet.. -> I'll update you soon! Thanks again to every one involved in the mark2 project, @foehnsturm and @tinkergnome specifically! Cheers, JI
    1 point
  2. Hello all. As a matter of follow up, I have done about 3 more prints, each lasting 12 hours or more…I have used spool slots A, B, and D, in the subsequent prints - each with Ultimaker ABS (the same as before), and the error has not returned. Things seem to be fine as it relates to this odd error. I have seen the behavior other people are reporting with the filament eject buttons being unresponsive, but that seems to be confirmed as a shortcoming of the 5.8.0 firmware (and something I can live with until the next firmware). I am going to go ahead and call this issue resolved for now. I didn’t do anything since seeing the errors, but the issue has gone away. Each successful print now shows the “Confirm Removal” button with a green circled checkmark on the touch screen. Thank you for your follow ups. Once again, fabulous community response!
    1 point
  3. Hello all. As a matter of follow up, I have done about 3 more prints, each lasting 12 hours or more…I have used spool slots A, B, and D, in the subsequent prints - each with Ultimaker ABS (the same as before), and the error has not returned. Things seem to be fine as it relates to this odd error. I have seen the behavior other people are reporting with the filament eject buttons being unresponsive, but that seems to be confirmed as a shortcoming of the 5.8.0 firmware (and something I can live with until the next firmware). I am going to go ahead and call this issue resolved for now. I didn’t do anything since seeing the errors, but the issue has gone away. Each successful print now shows the “Confirm Removal” button with a green circled checkmark on the touch screen. Thank you for your follow ups. Once again, fabulous community response!
    1 point
  4. Yes just go back to the older cura fixes the issue.
    1 point
This leaderboard is set to Amsterdam/GMT+02:00
×
×
  • Create New...