Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 10/21/2020 in all areas

  1. I'm going to answer my own question about the NFC improvements and the Material Station. Prior to 5.8.2, getting the Material Station to read NFC codes was a real pain. It could take 8-10 tries to get it to work and it seldom worked the first time. I did a lot of loading and unloading with some filaments that were in the 8-10-try category this evening to test the improvements, and even added a filament the station hadn't seen before. Everything worked the first time.
    3 points
  2. These screws were used before the S5 for the case and other covers. So 2 options, maybe the S5 uses this kind of screw for the bottom cover or it is a "blind passenger" 🙂 I would not worry about it, these screws (round or the new flat ones) are for cover and chassis and not for something important in the printer.
    1 point
  3. Only defining a new material is not sufficient in most cases. That's what @nallath tries to explain all the time... Here is the reason: - the machine definition is (probably) configured to use materials and quality profiles (in combination) - quality profiles are made for a specific machine, a specific material and a specific variant (nozzle size e.g.) - adding a new material is only the first step - you have to create proper quality profiles for all combinations as well (only the material is not sufficient) - once the quality profiles are in place - they will show up in the dropdown - if there are no quality profiles for the choosen material.... then there is nothing to choose from Be aware: Creating the whole stack of needed files can be a lot of work. There's no user interface AFAIK, but all you need is a text editor. Kind contributors have done this for many of the non-Ultimaker machines. But if you add a whole new material, it's your task. Alternative: Set "has_machine_quality" and "has_variants" to "false" in the machine definition. Afterwards you should always see the basic profiles in the drop down. There's a nice pictures in the wiki. As you can see, "material" is only a small part in the stack...
    1 point
  4. It would. But this is also why we didn't catch it (and why fixing it isn't as simple as it might seem)
    1 point
  5. Or leave a gap of 0.01mm between the plate, and the studs, in the same CAD-model. So the plate would print as one block including top layers. And then there would be a 0.01mm vertical gap, after which the studs are printed. Such a tiny gap will obviously be filled, and the studs will fuse to the baseplate as if there was no gap. I don't think this is the optimal way of doing it; too much CAD-work. Beter would be to find the exact right slicer-setting to handle this (if present). But it might be a way around if nothing else works...
    1 point
  6. In such case I would use a thin block as a support blocker and assign it a 100% infill. Or I would split the 3D model at the location Where the 100% infill is needed and stack them on each other so you get top layer of the fisrt block and then bottom layer of the second one.
    1 point
  7. The non-printable areas overlap. In Machine Settings change your X and Y printhead settings to the actual clearances around the nozzle at 5mm off the build plate. For me that would be X-7 min, X40 max and Y-10 min and Y22 max. Then re-select "All at Once" and then go back to "One at a time" to re-set the non-printable areas. The settings from the machine profile are of the entire printhead in the plan view. Your parts are so short you can cheat a bit. Hopefully. Maybe. I have a 5015 cooling fan with a duct that curves around to the back (for better visibility from the front). I'd have a better chance of success by making the left front the first part, then right front, mid-left, mid-right, etc. That should keep my cooing duct from whacking any finished parts and throwing them across the room.
    1 point
This leaderboard is set to Amsterdam/GMT+02:00
×
×
  • Create New...