Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 07/17/2021 in all areas

  1. It's a know problem of the slicing engine. You can play with a different line width but often you cannot get rid of it. But download and try the new Arachne engine alpha/beta Cura. I use it since the first alpha version and I don't see this issue anymore.
    2 points
  2. They will be no damage to the print if you pause a print and restart it, sometimes you might get a thin line on the print where filament as pushed out a little to much on restart. With what you are wanting to do, it might be worth you looking into the Material Station as what you are wanting to do is what that is designed for.
    1 point
  3. Hi @UALib3D, I've just printed your model using Cura 4.10.0 and Arachne engine beta. Printed it with black TPLA as it (black color) have better emission than any other color. As I've an UMS3, I used same print quality profile (corrected with your setting and those I've added). Made some pictures of the two prints in daylight for better details.. The first two pictures is just finished printing with Cura 4.10.0 : In this two pictures above you can see the boundary between the support and the model. The support just snap easily off by using hand, so no tools needed. Here you'll see the acceleration/deceleration by changing the object angle in this daylight, quite as normal, but you cannot feel this with your finger nail.. Yet another angle to see the upper surface. Here you see that the support side could be better by reducing the distance say -from 0.3 to 0.25 mm, however this can often led to some extra job to remove a little support remains. So a little testing may pay off. (As you see, it looks rough, but nothing is loose or protruding from this surface.) In the next pictures there is the used support filament on the weight, -this as I've reduced the support in Arachne Beta just to show how this can reduce printing time for any slicer. Note that the "Preview function" in Cura is a real good tool for checking the support pattern, -if that the support of critical parts in the object have the needed support. Also reduced the "initial layer horizontal expansion" by "-0.4 mm" in order to avoid "the elephant feet". Arachne Beta is much more accurate and better handling the infill due to much better line width control. So it's much better in so many ways, -but it's still an experimental slicer as we often hear. You mentioned problem with the ambient temperature, how(?) -to high to low, or variation? Thanks Torgeir
    1 point
  4. totally agree, that 0 fan on the extruder fixed my problem too. Thanks
    1 point
  5. I think I figured it out. Cura 4.0.0 now has a new feature where you can select different number of cooling fans. I looked at the gcode exported from cura 3.4.1 and the gcode from cura 4.0.0. I noticed the M106 command was exported as M106 S255 P1. I compared this to the gcode exported from cura 3.4.1 which just had M106 S255. I first tried to modify the gcode to have M106 S255 P0, AND THAT WORKED Later in my investigation I noticed in the "Machine Settings" under "Extruder 1", there is a new setting called "Cooling Fan Number", by default it was set to 1, hence the "P1" reference in the gcode. Change the option under "Cooling Fan Number" from 1 to 0. After that I saw cura exported the gcode as before M106 S255. I popped in sd card and it seemed to solve my issue. I am sure maybe in the Marlin configuration you could change the fan number as well but this seemed to fix my issue. Hope this helps!
    1 point
This leaderboard is set to Amsterdam/GMT+02:00
×
×
  • Create New...