Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

cbonsig

Member
  • Content Count

    3
  • Joined

  • Last visited

    Never

Community Reputation

0 Neutral
  1. cbonsig

    it jams everytime

    Edgar - I can sympathize. I've been working through similar issues. When the UM is working, it is simply magical. Then it jams, and sadness prevails. Discussion, diagnostics, photos, comments here: https://groups.google.com/d/topic/ultim ... discussion http://www.flickr.com/photos/cbonsig/se ... 266371888/
  2. cbonsig

    Linux?

    I managed to get the Ultimaker version of Netfabb working on Linux using WINE. Details here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=276
  3. After quite a bit of fail, I think I have Netfabb.exe running on Linux using Wine. It wasn't easy. With a default installation of everything, the installer worked OK, the prompt for serial number and voucher worked fine, and then it spit out some errors and launched the application... except the "Ultimaker" module, which was didn't load at all. (the little tree at the right showed "Parts", "Slices", and an empty little stub where "Ultimaker" should be. The error that it spit into the terminal was fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.CRT" (8.0.50727.762) Google suggests that this is somehow related to "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)". Several attempts to install this thing (manually, and using Winetricks) offered no improvement. After much hacking, I finally got it to work by making a change to configuration relating to the culprit DLL. Here are all the specifics for my setup in case anybody wants to attempt to replicate: * Ubuntu 11.10 (Oneiric Ocelot) on an old 15" MacBook Pro * Wine installed using the Ubuntu software center app (version 1.2.3) * Set up Wine, accepting all defaults $ winecfg * Downloaded Netfabb Ultimaker for Windows: http://software.ultimaker.com/netfabbIn ... imaker.exe * Install using $ wine /home/me/Downloads/netfabbInstaller_ultimaker.exe * It downloads some stuff, I select the Full Version, give it my serial number and voucher code, and it launches. * Terminal shows the "Could not find dependent assembly" error, Netfabb runs, Ultimaker module is broken. Quit * Download the VC 2005 SP1 thing from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/co ... px?id=5638 * Manually install using $ wine /home/me/Downloads/vcredist_x86.exe * Try Netfabb again: $ wine /home/me/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/netfabb_reprap/netfabb.exe * Launch Winecfg: $ winecfg * Select the "Libraries" tab. From the drop-down list, select a new override for library "msvcr80". * Select "msvcr80" in the existing overrides list, choose "Edit", and select "Builtin then Native". Select OK, and OK again to exit. * Launch Netfabb again: $wine /home/me/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/netfabb_reprap/netfabb.exe * Same error appears in the terminal, but (strangely) the Ultimaker module now loads successfully! I'm not sure how repeatable any of this may be, but its working for me. Haven't attempted serial communication yet, but part manipulation, slicing, and GCode generation seem to be working perfectly well.
×

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!