After 5 days of tinkering, I've finally got my Ultimaker in one piece, thanks to the Ultimaker team who have done a great job of building a kit that its relatively easy to put together.
Now trying to get communication with one of my PC's up and running. I tried RepG on both Ubuntu 12.04 and Win7 without any luck and moved onto Cura. Although Linux still didn't work, Windows 7 works fine. Cura happily updated my Ultimakers firmware and began the test process. Unfortunately it came unstuck again and gave a message "Your temperature sensor or heater is not working". The heater is definitely working because I can feel the head on the block, so I'm assuming its something to do with the temperature sensor, but have no idea how to solve it.
Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated.
Here's the console log:
Connecting to: COM3 250000
Serial(port=u'COM3', baudrate=250000, bytesize=8, parit
y='N', stopbits=1, timeout=2, xonxoff=False, rtscts=False, dsrdtr=False)
echo: External Reset
Marlin: 1.0.0 RC2
echo: Last Updated: Marlin-Thu, 12 Apr 2012 14:01:30 +0200 - 414408b2d0fed428b55
445f48b01d00932a7a92c | Author: Build-Me-Marlin
echo: Free Memory: 4498 PlannerBufferBytes: 1232
echo:Using Default settings:
echo:Steps per unit:
echo: M92 X78.74 Y78.74 Z533.33 E865.89
echo:Maximum feedrates (mm/s):
echo: M203 X250.00 Y250.00 Z5.00 E45.00
echo:Maximum Acceleration (mm/s2):
echo: M201 X9000 Y9000 Z100 E10000
echo:Acceleration: S=acceleration, T=retract acceleration
echo: M204 S3000.00 T3000.00
echo:Advanced variables: S=Min feedrate (mm/s), T=Min travel feedrate (mm/s), B=
minimum segment time (ms), X=maximum xY jerk (mm/s), Z=maximum Z jerk (mm/s)
echo: M205 S0.00 T0.00 B20000 X20.00 Z0.40 E5.00
echo: M301 P22.20 I1.08 D114.00
: Extruder switched off. MINTEMP triggered !
Error:Printer stopped deu to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart!. (Te
mperature is reset. Set it before restarting)
echo:SD init fail
ok T:5.34 B:0.00 @:0
ok T:0.00 B:0.00 @:0