Jump to content

ascended

Dormant
  • Content Count

    63
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral
  1. Thanks guys, I can't find an option in cura for the brim size though, just the option to turn it on? Might be better if i design a support structure into the model in SWX.
  2. I agree, I think it came lose from the bed too - wanted to get other peoples opinion first before I said so incase i had people thinking down the wrong track. Thanks for the tip on the isopropyl, we have heaps of that around so will be no problem. I couldn't find the blue tape that came with the ultimaker so bought two different brands of stuff at the local hardware store that look similar, they are a bit smoother than the stock tape though which I haven't found here yet. The very tip of the fin does lick up a little bit, but nowhere near enough for the printer to hit. I have a heated bed from last time I was using the printer, but I need to get everything working without it first. unfortunately, if this is going supersonic I need accuracy so parts fit together with no gap, and I need the layers to be strongly bonded. This is a prototype for something much bigger.
  3. 5 mins in solidworks gave me the base of a 29mm rocket to play with printing: It was going to take 6-7hrs to print, which I was hesitant to do overnight however Sander said it would be fine... so off I went. This morning, 7.5hrs after I left it: Looks like it all fell apart several minutes after I went to bed: And it also looks like my V2 hotend didnt fix the leaks (yep, all done up tight, no teflon tape however):
  4. I actually tried 3 arduinos. I ended up finding a 4th one lying around that had not been touched by the old ultimaker board, and it worked.
  5. Ah, you posted as I was tracing things out I've run the first run wizard in Cura on each of the arduinos to load the firmware onto it. Both traces are done with the same stepper driver, without disconnecting the logic analyser pins, just moving the driver from point to point. As previously posted, I've traced the pins and checked for shorts on both boards separately and together, and ensured the pin on the driver gets a connection as well.
  6. I've confirmed that all the tracks are intact, the pin on the stepper has continuity to the MCU pin. There are no shorts to ground or 5v, or any other pins.
  7. As a follow on from here: http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/2915-z-limit-switches-not-doing-anything-after-157-pcb-upgrade/ in order to have a relevant title. I'm having issues that the X axis always moves the same direction. This happens on a brand new ultimaker PCB (1.5.7) with 3 different arduino megas (one of which has a blown pin - as in totally missing - on the Z top limit input.) X Axis traces, top trace is step, bottom trace is direction (pegged to 5v) Y Axis traces, top trace is step, bottom trace is direction (note the step) Both are two 1mm moves in one direction, two 1mm moves in the other.
  8. I switched the stepper driver out with a spare one after my post, however it made no difference. Haven't had time to put a scope or logic analyser on the DIR pins yet, I might get time to look at it this evening. This is my 3rd arduino on this board, R0-R3 all used heh.
  9. Checked the Arduino board, the pad was not soldered to the board correctly. I have switched it out for now with another board. Now I have the system moving only in one directly on X. Stepping + or 0 always moves towards home position.
  10. I've finally have my ultimaker started after replacing all the electronics (and replacing the 12v fan with a 24v one.) All my limits are working now, except for the Z limits. Last time I had the machine working, about a year ago, these worked just fine. The limit switches are shorting correctly. Manually shorting the pins does nothing. Shorting the other digital pins to ground doesn't work. I've upgraded the firmware through Cura, the first run wizard detects all the other limits correctly however it just wont recognise the Z limit no matter what I've tried. Any ideas?
  11. I've just finally got my printer doing something, I have no idea how well right now but I am getting a solid print. I replaced the Arduino board on my printer and many of the issues which i had before now appear to be solved.
  12. As an update for those who may find this thread in the future - Upgrading the firmware by doing a fresh install of Cura 12.08 and going through its initial setup process. This seems to have fixed the issues over the Marlin build i downloaded from Daid's awesome build tool. Its now over extruding, but entering 3.2-3.3mm of filament width (when it's really 2.99) works beautifully with the easy mode settings of normal and fine quality. Now to get retraction sorted again, and I can hopefully be getting some real prints happening.
  13. Based on this, maybe what i really need then is a longer bowden tube... I completely rebuilt my head, i cut the 1mm off the end of the brass tube i had machined down, then i cut 1mm off the fat end of the nozzle, cleaned all the threads with tap and die (they were pretty bad), put on about 10 wrappings of teflon tape onto the thread that goes into the PEEK and it didnt print any better or worse. Hoping to run a bunch of tests in the next day or two at various temperatures again, then at various speeds.
  14. Attached is a different part i'm trying to print, which works fine in the larger section but fails as soon as it gets to the shaft. I aborted the print at about the point i took the photos. Attached are the parts and Cura ini files for each. The GCode is too large to include in the attachment.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!