Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited


Community Reputation

0 Neutral
  1. Owen had a really nice idea concerning this issue: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:28440
  2. I experienced the same problem and thought my switch was broken, but after umounting and remounting the electronics unit it worked again.
  3. I guess you would also have to replace the brass tube of the hot end to match the filament's diameter.
  4. I also screwed the nuts directly on the tube by hand. I have no constriction issues with the 4 mm ID tube. If you haven't tried already, maybe it would help if you put something inside the 1/8" tube that fits tight while trying to thread it with a die.
  5. can i ask where i can find these great little addon for the feeder shown in your second photo. This little quare PLA piece that holds in the Bowden tube into the Feeder. Is that on thingiverse ? thanks. Ian Yes, it's available on Thingiverse: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:26686
  6. @ futurejames The tube is made of PTFE. It's been in use for only a couple of hours in total. So far, I didn't notice any significant differences in terms of print quality, but maybe it's just a matter of time until I'll experience similar problems than you did. What's bothering me is that the arch formed by the tube tends to bend to the left as shown in the picture.
  7. Threading nuts on the tube seems to work reliable. On the extruder head side I've removed the fitting and placed the nut beneath the wooden plate. For the feed mechanism side I've created a bracket ( http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:26686 ) to replace the default coupling.
  • Create New...