Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

inx

Dormant
  • Content Count

    7
  • Joined

  • Last visited

    Never

Everything posted by inx

  1. Well, i think the title of this post should be rephrased: "Attention when using branch Marlin_UM_HeatedBedUpgrade for custom heated bed" Nevertheless i think it would be a good idea to have some explicit comments about the values for DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT in Configuration.h
  2. Indeed i use a non UM heated bed unsing a temperature sensor with 100kOhm Figuring out the Temperature sensor was quite straight forward and easy to find in the configuration file. Why would a heated bed change the Z stepping resolution? Well, maybe UMs heated bed comes with a new rod... i dont know. anyway, i think at least some comments in Configuration.h would nice to avoid that people use wrong values for the z-axis. a wrong value there can harm the machine...
  3. Hello. Upgrading my ultimaker with a heated bed made me use branch Marlin_UM_HeatedBedUpgrade. After some bad (z-compressed) prints i figured out the problem: looking into Configuration.h where DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT is defined i find the following: #define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {78.7402,78.7402,200.0,760*1.1} steps per unit for z-axis: 200 while in branch "Marlin_v1" i find a different value for the z-axis: 200.0*8/3 which explains the "compressed" prints and my bent heated aluminium bed... changing that value solved the problem. The same value for the z-axis (200) is to
  4. appended Underscores in "The Unarchiver" are a known problem in Version 3.3 http://code.google.com/p/theunarchiver/ ... %20Summary should be fixed in the next update of that app.
  5. i was wondering about these underscores... but left them on. just unpacked the package osx64-Cura-12.08.tar.gz again using "The unarchiver version 3.3", browsing to the same folder shows me the files with underscores... unpacked them via command-line and the underlines are not there... so "The Unarchiver" did manipulate the files?! Tried again unzipping the tar.gz in the command-line first, and then using "The unarchiver" with the left over .tar file. This did work. weird. Using the freshly unpacked archive without underscores worked. Thanks!!
  6. Yes. The file evaluate.py and evaluate_elements folder exists under these pathes: /Applications/Cura-12.08/Cura/cura_sf/fabmetheus_utilities/geometry/geometry_utilities/evaluate.py /Applications/Cura-12.08/Cura/cura_sf/fabmetheus_utilities/geometry/geometry_utilities/evaluate_elements Content of evaluate_elements is: -rw-r--r--@ 1 inx staff 0 Jul 6 14:34 __init__.py_ -rw-r--r--@ 1 inx staff 2110 Apr 3 2012 creation.py_ -rw-r--r--@ 1 inx staff 3132 Apr 3 2012 document.py_ -rw-r--r--@ 1 inx staff 6751 Apr 3 2012 setting.py_ ___ inx
  7. Hello. I have problems slicing a model in cura 12.08 using Mac osx 10.7.4. when i try to "Slice to GCode" i get an error saying: "Something went wrong during slicing!", the log reveals: ------------------------- File /Applications/ReplicatorG/examples/hexagon.stl is being chain exported. Exception traceback in getModuleWithDirectoryPath in archive: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/Applications/Cura-12.08/Cura/cura_sf/fabmetheus_utilities/archive.py", line 244, in getModuleWithDirectoryPath folderPluginsModule = __import__(fileName) File "/Applications/Cura-12.08/Cur
×
×
  • Create New...