Jump to content

alex-marakesch

Dormant
  • Content Count

    62
  • Joined

  • Last visited

    Never

Posts posted by alex-marakesch


  1. Good morning guys.

    So I took a lot of tips I got from Harma in Erfurt and tweaked cleaned and did some magic on my home ultimaker.

    I also reprinted yesterday this guy. sadly stolen in Erfurt on the ultimaker table but it just gave me a chance to print this guy....EVEN BIGGER and with my rods oiled.... and CLEANED HARMA! :wink: . it came out really nice....

    Ian :smile:

    ps. i printed the owl as a test piece after all my changes to my ultimaker and about 10 seconds after it was finished and showed it to my girlfriend... PUFFFFFF... gone..... that women has serious sticky fingers for ultimaker modelsss.... :wink: lol

    Ian :smile:

    photo1-1.jpg

     

    You said, rods were oiled. Pls advise what kind of oil did you use?

     


  2. Thanks for yours replies!

    Just printed my first model with 0.1 mm layer height, for me was big surprise about quality.

    59f31408207b.jpg

    Only some small retraction problem, believe it is possible to remove it.

    And my first big print, had some shift, quality not best, only 0.2 mm. Next time it is better to use 0.1 mm and less temperature.

    c9ab5126202e.jpg

    0361aabeec13.jpg

     


  3. Hello everyone!

    I want to share with community my small experience and say some wishes to creators.

    Delivering was fast due to small distances. But custom formalities take more time. Received my ultimaker at 1500 of 13th June 2013, start built it, and finish at 0500 next morning, so it is 14 hours with coffee times, not bad, but not enough concentration in the end. First prints was not impressive, really. And I start calibrating my machine, that takes me about 9 days, that was big battle between me and machine, just like in terminator "humans vs machines". So I finish my calibration just few hours ago. That was big challenge, from one side it is really terrible, but from another side it is really good lesson to learn machine.

    Already I forget from where it started, but share conclusions.

    First it is that short belts should be really tight. Long ones also, but not so. I believe that creators can include some kind mechanics to improve tensions of long belts, something like that:

    400222c1fb9e.jpg

    a791bd492835.jpg

    8e52c1fbb744.jpg

    Used only what had in kit already. Really not big deal.

    Second things, didn't find in wiki (many things out of date), and assemble instructions. Two wood measurement instruments with figures:

    0545357396d1.jpg

    Really great instrument to get good align of X/Y rods. Please explain this part in the assembly instruction, because I found what is it after 6 days.

    And third thing about slider blocks. Pressure of c caps pretty high, and after some time, it is possible that wood can be broken. As decision it is put some super glue between wood parts, glue will keep it in position.

    For all this time I used single cross to check accuracy my ultimaker.

    53ad40abb7f5.jpg

    4c881a3f37bc.jpg

    From top left to bottom right you can observe progress. Problem that infill and border had gaps, problem solver was to increase tension for belts. Especially for short ones.

    As result my good print:

    64e6c0bfcf4c.jpg

    ce78fb8636b6.jpg

    That's all! Have a nice day!

     

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!