Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited


Community Reputation

0 Neutral
  1. At this time, i'm able to dump a .gcode file to the ultimaker, but synchronization is still an issue. I'm getting garbage back along with the "ok." Or sometimes nothing. Strange things happening, i'm in doubt about the CDC/ACM driver i'm using. Separate command nicely handled, files not (yet). To be continued.
  2. Yes i did, in fact i tried 0x00, 0x0A en string ' ' (2 bytes) as termination. I'm too busy to really pay the attention it deserves, but as soon as i can spent some time i will revert to it.
  3. yes, understood but i'm getting more bytes than just 'ok.' after my commands. Random garbage, not something i would expect to receive. There's not an exceptional amount of RF on the (short) cable, i guess, but i could try a shielded one. SPEEDrx == SPEEDtx.
  4. Working, but getting a lot of garbage from the UltiMaker. Reading a lot of documentation, i guess most used baudrate is 115200 @ 8N1. Is that safe to assume to be working ?
  5. Thanks a lot! I am preparing an experiment, as soon as the printer is available i will try some nice ideas. I will revert.
  6. Hello, To write a small program to dump gcode to marlin through the usb port, how does the command structure on on the usb port looks like? In other words, what command on the usb port do i need to make the x-stepper move 1 step to the right? I do not want to harm our beautifull ultimaker and we do not have a test configuration, therefore i want to be a little carefull before i start dumping hex codes on the arduino. (other movements also welcome)
  7. Yes, it is quite disappointing when you have been told that something takes 3 hours to print but in fact you will go to bed 3 hours áfter that....... But i understand David's problem (it is actually hard to calculate the time of the instantaneous differential velocity vector changes with so many -different- movements) and the fact that he wants to focus on other improvements first. However, looking at Git, one could try to build a simple db as a plugin with estimated and actual times and calculate some correction factor. So the more you print, the better the estimate gets. But then again, i
  8. Strange, have a new iMac too, 10.8.4, 2.9 GHz I5 / 16Gb. But i have no idea what is causing your problem. I can handle, add, multiply, split and move anything i want; the slicer will start in the background (which is nice, it is anticipating on my future actions....) and i can do whatever i want while it is doing so. My iMac is running 4 desktops, one with email and chrome, one with Cura, one with Eclipse including 2 emaulators (which is quite heavy) and one with 2 flash-games (yeah, i know...). So, i can not confirm your experience.
  9. Solution: don't test, just print. The UM connects fine with Cura 13.06.2, just the testing part is failing. Both COM settings in prefs to AUTO and go ahead. You can perform test procedures with a previous version like 12.11.
  10. I have some strange problem with Cura 13.06.02 after updating from 12.11 on 2 machines runnging XP SP3. Cura doesn't connect to the printer. Both COM-port and Baudrate to AUTO, but when running the "first time setup" it shows "Communication" ok, even states Communication State: operational but it can't get to the temperature and endstops test. Actually, when you skip the checks it cannot connect to the printer because..: "Failed to establish connection with the printer". Strange, because the Communication State shows operational. What i tried: - Disabled firewall - Disabled anti-virus -
  11. .... On another win XP SP3 machine i had the same problem, fixed by installing new Radeon X600 drivers. After that, on both machines, another problem occured with COM-ports. Working on that.
  12. Updated NVIDIA GeForce FX5500 driver which fixed our (display) problems.
  • Create New...