Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

Personal Information

  1. Hi there Have been experimenting with the mold feature in Cura and wonder if anyone has considered having the ability to save the mold as an STL so it can then be split into two parts and printed, rather than having to create a one off mold each time
  2. Would be interested in this also, have updated to 15.04 from .02 but not able to go to 15.06. Install is fine on the PC but firmware just sits and seems to do nothing. I waited just over an hour before aborting, don't suppose there is any relationship to older versions of the UM2, mine was one of the very early machines. thanks
  3. Ah that must be the ability for it to print something for you before you even knew you what it was or needed to print it Seriously though - remote control. I have dabbled with OctoPrint but currently only using it for viewing when i'm at work. Would love to have a reliable way to kill the print in the event of a failure.
  4. Cheers, didn't think to look at that. Looks like the "just not touching" is crucial or it seems to be with all the new parts
  5. Also disappointed but I appreciate the honesty. Just a thought - my interest in the dual extrusion was for different materials, ie keep one for PLA and the other for ABS. Has anyone considered a mechanism to have two nozzles with the ability to perhaps mechanically switch between the two, thus moving one up out of the way?
  6. Hi I have just replaced the complete hot end on my UM2, so thats nozzle, teflon spacer, hot end isolator and spring. Previously when re assembling the components I have screwed the hot end isolator into the nozzle as far as it can go. This time with the new components I have noticed that if I do this I then have problems with extrusion when inserting the new material. I slackened off the hot end isolator by about a 1/4 turn, this resulted in the filament flowing. Are there any detailed guides on what the various settings/gaps should be on re assembly of the hot end? Thanks
  7. 'Reset Profile to Default in Cura' yes I believe so, this is what I do if I mess around with things. I am not sure if the more advanced parts remain though.
  8. Hi c4dm4n Welcome to the world of Ultimaker, as Didier mentioned the PTFE coupler is a good idea, although I managed over 500 hours before needing to replace that. But yes makes sense to get one along with the printer to save on the shipping. Personally I would order filament as I managed to get through the free roll they sent with the printer pretty fast. 3D printing is very addictive. Enjoy your UM2
  9. Many thanks guys, yes the layer height is 0.1. @pm_dude - ok on the plugin, never played with those as of yet. Assume if i leave any section blank it uses the current settings? The 15RC sounds like it might me a good idea I have just tried reducing the speed on the final section plus dropped the temp by 10deg as find the white does tend to blob occasionally when I go to slow, this certainly improved matters as now only have one small hole. Reckon another .5 or so would have covered it. Cheers
  10. Hi Trying to work out if this image is what the trouble shooting guide refers to as pillowing. I am only using an infill of 20% but my top and bottom layers are set to 1mm but i'm only seeing this on the top layer. When looking at the last few minutes of the print it does seem as if its struggling to fill the infill holes but I had hoped a 1mm top layer might be enough to overcome this. The fans are going at 100% and the temp is 200. in terms of speed its 50mm/s Any thoughts?
  11. sorry missed this one, just wondered if rather than how to test the heated Bed, something like Heated bed failure, check the connections for overheating?. Or maybe just add more tags if that's possible, to help searches. Thanks
  12. OK fingers crossed all seems to be working. I machined up a replacement PTFE section and now with this in place things are pretty much back to normal. One thing I did found out to my amazement was how much the four main vertical screws for the main print head influence things. On reassembly I tightened them up rather more than normal - ended up not even getting the 3mm/s complete on the extrusion test. :eek: Although having been very frustrating, its been a great lesson on how each part interacts on the UM. Thanks to everyone for their input.
  13. OK possibly a long shot but I have been having serious underextrusion issues with my UM2. When stripping down the main head I have discovered how critical the tension is on the four main screws which clamp the main plastic body onto the aluminium section. I found that if these are tight then I get really bad under extrusion.
  14. Not yet to the new feeder, I wanted to try and work out what the problem was before I changed things as previously everything was working fine with excellent results I have replaced the bowden tube, the only thing left is the PTFE coupler and nozzle Filament seems fine, did have some groves but after cleaning feeder that seems to be ok Will give the 30% a go, currently working between 40 and 50% Cheers both Mark
  • Create New...