Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

bauermaker

Dormant
  • Content Count

    61
  • Joined

  • Last visited

    Never

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Hi everyone After a very long tim i finally had the time and energy to finish a more complicated project. Meet God-Zilla - the famous Wrestler. Its printed in 15 parts in colorfabb glowFill (i absolutely love this material) and painted using games workshop and tamiya colors. I really like how the paintjob affects the glow effect.
  2. hi i made this with a rock tumbler http://bauermaker.tumblr.com/post/101928651812/bronzefill-after-rock-tumbler and this with only the dremel http://bauermaker.tumblr.com/post/91984082552/my-latest-work i put some aluminium screws inside my tumbler. but they re quite big so i want to try something else in the future. i also got very pleasing results just with sanding and polishing by hand, but have no pictures.
  3. Since i am swamped with worked right now, I didnt have much time to do my usual sanding and priming so i gave Acetone Vapor smoothing a try. It took away too much detail but still the smoothnes is amazing, and it only takes 15 minutes. Getting the ABS to print smoothly was a bit more difficult but after a few failed attempts i found the perfect settings. 0.4 Nozzle No Fan 250 first layer, 230 for the rest 70 degrees for the heated bed 30mms 115 % flow printed in a very small room (Speiseklammer) without airflow using ABS Deluxe (less warping and consistent diameter)
  4. I second everything braddock says and I would go so far as to demand from colorfabb to release a cheaper alternative :wink: For me this is a huge gamechanger, finally being able to print high quality looking items without the need of alot of post processing.
  5. Finished it, only postprocessing with the dremel, no sandiong, no steel wool, no polish, more info here http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/5922-filling-and-sanding-prints/&do=findComment&comment=59606
  6. yeah, its insane, if you print with 0.06 mm there are no visible print lines, and for me it prints more reliably and is way better to post process than woodfill.
  7. @braddock: awesome, what size is it and what layer height did you use ? i assume the red tint comes from your special antique patina, could you maybe post a link ... thx I printed the eagle mascot for tonights WorldCup final. Layer height 0.1, polished with steel wool and the dremel, then i painted on some green rust. i didnt use any sandpaper or paint thinner on the model, so its a little rougher.
  8. @Nicolinux i did start a thread a month ago, i just posted an update describing my wet sanding process, Most of it was learned from reading posts from OlivierC and other artists in this thread (starting from page 23 i think) and i can still remember what a revelation it was to learn about wet sanding Edit: this is the thread i was talking about http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/5922-filling-and-sanding-prints/&do=findComment&comment=58515
  9. @Didier I really like our video , is this for the Colorfabb timelapse challenge ?
  10. Thanks, I use Genius Pro Spritzfüller, an exclusive brand of the local "baumax" hardware store. I tried to find it online but had no luck. In my opinin the filler is not so important, i tried several other brands and settled on this because its the cheapest, the most important thing is to have enough patience for countless hours of wet sanding . awesome paintjob on Grinner by the way.
  11. Thanks. unfortunately the primer only helps against the print lines and small flow problems, to get rid of the polygons (which i could have avoided with an additional level of subdivision in blender...) i had to sand them away. for that i started with 240 grit sandpaper working my way up to 600 reapplying filler after each step to check for flaws.
  12. This is what i have been working on during the past week, its a new model for Ultimakers WorldCup Mascots. The "Red Devil"or "Diable Rouge" was missed by many belgian fans.
  13. hi LeoDDC the model and the paintjob look awesome i am looking forward to what you will come up with next
  14. I finally came around to print and finish a larger amount of the worldcup mascots i designed. They were printed in Fabherdashery Glow in the Dark Filament. Layer height 0.1mm, Nozzle diameter 0.8mm, Shell thickness 0.8mm, no infill resulting in less than 80 minutes print time per model I put them up for sale at a store in my hometown (Graz, Austria) and my goal is to sell at least one www.raumdruck.at, for anybody in the area They all print without support !
×
×
  • Create New...