Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited


Community Reputation

0 Neutral
  1. Not a problem at all! I was thinking about this and I now understand why this is happening... If the height on the Z-axis is lower than the bottom/top height anywhere on the wall, it will compensate by adding extra material. My feeling it was infill, but it is the bottom/top fill. I wished this could be turned of in a way, I like adding strength to the parts by adding extra walls and little infill, but the extra time and material just makes it useless.
  2. That is a very nice tip, thank you. I'll give it a try then. Thanks for your tips.
  3. I know the spiralize option. The issue with that it not really a strong vase, looks cool, works great, however - too thin and certainly not watter tight. To get an idea, I'm using model: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:97401
  4. Hi all, I've been trying to search the forum for this quite some time, and in the past I've seen one post, but perhaps there is an update (I cannot find it anymore). I'm printing a vase. With 0% infill and no top (switched off in expert setting). Also, set the width to 1,6mm (so should be printing 4 walls). When printing, my thought would be it prints only the 4 walls. However - it prints 'something' on the inner wall to. This takes more time, but also decreases print quality on the inner side. Deeper examination shows also these extra 'printing' on the inner wall - I can clearly see the ye
  5. And by the way, I just remembered. I think the current TweakAtZ doesn't work out of the box. Check out the comments in this post: http://wiki.ultimaker.com/CuraPlugin:_Bedtempatz Compare with PauseAtZ and there are some differences. Update those lines and it should work. If not, I can try to post my TweakAtZ contents.
  6. The actual first layer is at 0.15 and you cannot tweak that. But if you've used 0.25 as the layer to change, it should use that new value. So in Cura set 220 and @ 0.25 TweakAtZ should be able to change temp to 200 degrees. You don't need to try print it every time. You can also save the GCODE and check with a editor. Here is a little part from a print: ;LAYER:0 M107 G0 F2340 X64.74 Y42.96 Z0.18 ;TYPE:SKIRT G1 F2400 E0.00000 G1 F1140 X65.35 Y42.02 E0.01340 G1 X67.21 Y39.69 E0.04905 G1 X68.02 Y38.85 E0.06294 . . . ;LAYER:1 M106 S63 ; Plugin: start TweakAtZ M220 S100.000000
  7. I work with TweakAtZ a lot. You'll really need to give the precise layer height where the change is needed, including the bottom layer. So for example if your first layer is 0.30 and all the rest is 0.15 and you want a change at the 5th layer, you'll need to set the tweak at 0.90. You can do really cool stuff with TweakAtZ, I've added a heated bed and flow control parameter.
  8. @gr5 - that print look excellent! Wauw! @illuminarty - I agree, guess 9000 was to high. @AnthonyT - did you also switch to other firmware while switching Cura versions? I've also seen this on NetFabb sliced prints, so it isn't just Cura. Great news to anyone facing the same issue. On the Ulticontroller I changed "Accel" to 1000, and "Amax x" and "Amax y" to 3000 (I'll try 5000 later). Now the infill touches the border *excellent* and I'm confident I can go back to 15% overlap. I think I do not need to change the bed, since the print comes out shiny flat, at 220 degrees PLA. Thank you all v
  9. Hi all, First of all, thank you very much for taking time to look at this issue, I really appreciate it! My thought were into backlash as well, I made belt tensions to make sure the pitch is quite high. I took this one this morning: I honestly think these are tight enough.The short belts are less tight, so I've tighten them (a lot actually). Things improved a bit, but I'm still not satisfied. But why is the infill at 1, 2, 3 and 4 perfect (so in all directions), and infill on inner wall not. @gr5, the smaller circles you suggest is actually happening. I've found Cura is not retracting on
  10. Hi all, I hope you can help me out, this thing is driving me nuts for some time and I did quite some searching but couldn't find anything about it. Please take a look at my photo. This is the first layer of a Galaxy S3 cover (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:127344). At 1, 2, 3 and 4 the infill is covering the walls very nicely. I'm using a wall size of 0.8 (so with 0.4 nozzle two walls). In Cura, I've set the overlap to 25%. My issue is quite visible I think: on most inner walls, the infill is not touching the wall. Besides that, there are other artifacts. Point 5 has a second wall way o
  11. Yeah, but also for printing in a different color without swapping the fillament. I really would like to be able to choose between which extruder to use. Also, the preheat option in the ulticontroller is great, but always preheats both heads. Would be nice to select which head to preheat.
  12. Doesn't that black thing needs to be top down, so basically the other way around - and yes, I've added washers. Check image here:
  • Create New...