Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited


Everything posted by vanalleswat

  1. On the github page (https://github.com/ErikZalm/Marlin#instructions-for-configuring-bed-auto-leveling) there are some instructions on the firmware.
  2. Hi Markus, most of the conductive sensors output a 12 volt signal while the Arduino wants 5 volt. This topic explain how to use a resistor divider to address this problem: http://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/43498/how-can-i-use-a-12-v-input-on-a-digital-arduino-pin
  3. Have you tried putting a thin piece of steel (not alu.) between the alu. heated bed and the glass plate? Something like a metal scraper lying around somewhere. The sensing distance is based upon sensing steel instead of aluminum, the latter greatly reduces the sensing distance.
  4. It would be interesting to see how accurate the sensor of an optical mouse could be. Here is a little tutorial I came across about interfacing such a sensor with arduino :http://www.martijnthe.nl/2009/07/interfacing-an-optical-mouse-sensor-to-your-arduino/
  5. update 3# on our progress on the z-probe / auto-level / easy-level project Another update; lot's of news: The new proximity sensor (TL-Q5MC1) (the little yellow boxy thingy) has finally arrived! I tried installing it on the bracket I had previously constructed, here is the result: I am not sure about the design of the bracket, I think installing it on the printhead could be easier, certainly room for improvement, the function of the bracket however is proving to be as expected. Because the sensor is mounted much lower on the printhead I still have the same print area as wit
  6. 2# update on our progress on the z-probe / auto-level / easy-level project Ok, here is a little update on the project. News: - New inductive proximity sensor still hasn't arrived :( , still waiting, I estimate it will arrive somewhere next week. - The watercutter jet decided to malfunction just as I wanted to cut out the brackets for the sensor. Luckily the service mechanic was able to quickly get the beast up and running again. Here are some pictures of the result: The design of the sensor bracket is still a first version I will probably need to optimize the bracket, need to tes
  7. 1# update on our progress on the z-probe / auto-level / easy-level project We made a couple of prints on the ultimaker outfitted with the z-probe. They were going great once the offset from the printer's nozzle was calibrated. Which brings me to an issue that arose; I was able to go into the settings of the ultimaker to correct the z-offset but after shutting down the printer, the value was set to the default firmware value. Does somebody know how I might be able to save this value? I thought the feature of saving for example the PLA preheat temperatures in the eeprom was present in past firm
  8. He folks! Since the latest Marlin firmware features the Bed Auto Level function we we’re interested in finding a good hardware solution for our Ultimaker Original. First we tried the this sensor for auto leveling. On our second try we decided to give this sensor a go and modelled a mount so we could attach it to the hot-end of the Ultimaker. This mount isn’t great, it’s already bending under the stress and heat, but good enough for an initial quick test. These are the first results we got from the sensor, doing 6 measurements at 4 points on the build platform.
  • Create New...