Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
  • Sign Up

deflaminis

Dormant
  • Content Count

    6
  • Joined

  • Last visited

    Never

Everything posted by deflaminis

  1. I've had quite a few problems with melting parts and the default settings for temp with PLA. For me, 50-55 degrees is perfect. 65-70 seems to always give me trouble.
  2. I experienced a bit of this when I changed the material for the 2nd time. I've noticed a significant reduction in it by using a different spooler mechanism so the tension isn't so hard on the right side of the feeder intake. This one worked well for me, and it sits under the the table that the printer is on feeding directly upward into the feeder. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:290064
  3. I had a very tough time at first loading the material, and I tried pushing harder but it wasn't the fix for me. Inside the feeder slot with the arrow there was a slight lip where the material was getting caught before it entered the chamber. While the feeder is spinning slowly, I would have to angle the material toward me so it didn't get caught on that invisible lip inside the feeder. Once I did this and the spinner reaches a certain point, the material would easily load. Took me a few tries to figure this out. If you're having trouble even after pushing harder, try wiggling the the material a bit inside that arrow labeled hole and see if it uncatches.
  4. I've had some luck with the maintenance option to extrude some material with the spin dial. After about 20 cm or so of extruded material expulsion I get some better prints. EDIT: Shortlived.
  5. Check your bed plate screws and see if they are warped. Mine were and I'm guessing it's a major cause of problems for a lot of people. http://i.imgur.com/5sWb0ke.jpg
  6. When I first got my Ultimaker the bed screws were... angled. I didn't realize there was a major problem until I tried to level the bed. Some of the screws would turn but they only seemed to work in one direction, and making it perfectly flat was very difficult and in the end one of the screws wasn't really making the connection it seemed. (A bit loose). I've never owned an Ultimaker so I didn't know any better. I figured maybe this was how it's designed. I did manage to get it to pass the paper resistance test, though not perfectly even across all 3 screws. It took 3 hours of basically luck and fiddling, and I was starting to worry. Since then, not 1 successful print that wasn't 1 inch by 1 inch and on the center of the plate. I've had every problem listed on this site pretty much. Prints didn't stick to plate, one side was a bit off from where it should have been, things were angled very strangely vs. the glass plate itself, wobble, weird noises, underextrusions, overextrusions (dropping), sloping/melting corners, etc. etc. etc. I've read so many threads here and made so many tweaks trying to solve this I would imagine I'd be pretty good at tinkering by now if the bed plate wasn't messed. So I spent the first 7 days trying to get a print to finish at all. So many of the threads here have posts by mods and admins saying that you have to tinker with it to get it perfect, and so I tried. Convinced that the problem was me. Even did a simple rectangular box and there would be issues on various parts. The coffin box parts would get hit by the fans as they went by occasionally, most likely because of the bent screws. So I figured that before I file for a refund I'd check the screws themselves by pulling them out of the bed. (Easy.) This is what I found: Clearly this happened in shipping. Can't blame Ultimaker for that. Only problem is I'm in the US so finding someone who carries this exact screw has not been easy. I would consider putting in 3 extras of them for all the new Ultimaker orders just in case. (Because I'll have to return the whole thing if I can't find them in the next day or two because I'll *still* not be sure if it works properly and three grand isn't an amount of money I'll just throw away.) Finding this exact screw/bolt at lowes/tru value/home depot has been not doable thus far. Asking for a new UM2 to be shipped is going to have the same problem (shipping itself), and there isn't enough time left to mail screws. I'm skipping work tomorrow and driving out to some specialty hardware store but if they don't have these then it's a huge shame to have to return it just for these reasons. But in the end, it's your 2 week policy. After waiting 8 weeks, customs forms, and a 3k dollar price tag, you'd think that it would be a bit more forgiving. But my 2 week testing time will be reduced to 2 or 3 days, which in itself makes me very nervous. I urge you to reconsider that two weeks and make it 30 days because I can't be the only person with this problem.
×
×
  • Create New...