This is my first post, but I've been reading for quite some time know, waiting for my UM2.
What I see a lot when I search for something, are many topics from newcomers, in which experienced users point to various other, older posts which already answer the question more in depth.
What I also noticed, is that there aren't any stickies or read first or any sort of manual or index which would help people a lot when they start with their new printer and this forum.
There are a lot of useful and well written guides and other information but they are hidden in all the other posts and topics :
- newcomers asking often the same questions or having similar problems
- advanced users trying to improve their prints.
Maybe I have missed something, but right now this forum is the only source of information I have which explains how to use my printer!
Perhaps there would be much less redundant topics to answer if the right information would be more easily accessible?
What about a manual section or link collection to the following topics :
- how to choose the right printer settings for UM1 and UM2 for a particular object
- Settings, which have to be manually adjusted (nozzle and bed temp)
- print tests to see if the printer is ok (which should be the first prints anyway!)
- Analyse a print to clearly identify if there is a problem with it or the printer
- Solve problems like : underextrusion, print doesn't stick to the bed, feeder...
- overhangs and other important things to consider when designing or printing an object
- Print with ABS and switch between ABS and PLA
- Maintenance! When, what, how! Which parts have to be replaced on a regular basis (and may have to be ordered very early on), define maintenance steps, etc.
Having these informations all at the same place and easily accessible would be worth a lot to many new forum users!