Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

aroth

Dormant
  • Content Count

    61
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral
  1. Yes, I think you're right. I gave it a second try, and this time I watched as it printed the skirt and added some extra glue in each spot that it placed a support. Worked better: Though I do think that Cura should be more clever when it issues a 'G0'/travel command and either 1) route the printhead path around parts of the object that are in the current layer as opposed to straight through them, or 2) lower the buildplate slightly before issuing the G0 and then raise it back after the travel completes.
  2. Successful 40 hour print (0.12mm layer height, 35mm/sec shell speed, 75mm/sec infill speed, 10% infill because I needed something to support the bottom of the eye sockets otherwise would have done completely hollow): Worked on the second attempt, after I installed my super high-tech solution to the 'dust on the filament can clog the nozzle' problem:
  3. I'd also suggest slowing the printer down when it resumes, to make it more likely that the first new layer will adhere to the existing part. After the first few layers are down, it should be okay to turn the speed back up. And is there any way to compensate if the new layers are shifted out of position when the print resumes? I was having a nice and successful 40 hour print: ...up until this thing (I think it's a piece of fur from the cat) managed to make it all the way to the nozzle and then decide that it wasn't going to go any further: I managed to track down the right layer to
  4. Yes, the layers looked okay in Cura.
  5. A dragon being consumed by a cloud of noxious fumes: It actually cleaned up nicer than one might think: About 50% of the right-side supports (and one on the left) got knocked over early in the print. I let it continue anyways (the printer seemed like it was being moderately successful at having plastic hang in mid-air in the spots where it expected the supports to be) and that was the result. I'm surprised it came out as well as it did. Though also confused as to why both wings seem to have stopped around the 75% point. I was expecting the left wing at least to complete successfull
  6. Not as impressive as any of the preceding things, but after a successful print using black filament, I decided to try one in green. Because plants are usually green:
  7. I've had no issue with the latest release of FreeCAD. Though as in Kayoo's case, I've always installed Cura first and then FreeCAD. So it's possible that the installation order is significant.
  8. And another one: I'd like to have the option to use 'tree' style supports. Like what PreForm does: ...or like whatever illuminarti used when setting up his dragon print: http://www.thingiverse.com/download:404127 I just broke a print while trying to remove Cura's 'grid' style support (w/ 15% infill), as the support structure was far stronger than some of the overhangs it was supporting. It's reprinting now with the 'line' style of support, but even that looks like it might be somewhat tricky to remove. The 'tree' style supports used in other applications seem like they strike a
  9. I'd like to see greater capabilities for displaying and manipulating the print parameters graphically. For instance, if Cura put little indicators against the model wherever it's going to have a solid wall/shell that show the thickness of that wall/shell, and then allowed the relevant build settings to be adjusted by just playing with the indicator. So that I could look at the graphical output, decide "no, I don't think that's thick enough there", and then click and drag the indicator to increase the thickness without ever having to type a number in a settings box. Bonus points if the fea
×
×
  • Create New...