Jump to content

marble

Dormant
  • Content Count

    5
  • Joined

  • Last visited

    Never

Community Reputation

0 Neutral
  1. Update: using Arduino software I can see the board and upload Sketches. The "blink" one works good. Now trying to find the official ultimaker firmware
  2. Hello, I am trying to find a solution for the "freezing" problem which is torturing me since ever! I bought the UM a couple of years ago, it has burned 3-4 kg of filament almost without problems... just some random stops. I mainly use Seven 64 bit with a laptop and a pretty big UPS to prevent blackout problems. I do not generally use the laptop when I am printing (no bt, no wireless, nothing). In the last months the "freezing" (no connection) problem has become more and more a hell of an issue especially because I am printing bigger objects and after lots of hours it is not funny to throw everything out of the window. So I decided to buy a new arduino 2560 board, I thought that it could have been a solution? I uploaded the marlin firmware, connected the board and printed a couple of Ultimaker robots. I noticed everything was going smootly so I decided to put an extra function, the "filament changer" plugin. It went straight from the start to the end without stopping, I did not have the chance to change the material though. But at least it finished the object I started the forth object but suddenly it has stopped to work, again. This time completely. No sign of connection. I tried in vain to see the connection from Cura with Seven64bit then Mac (Yosemite) and Debian. The last one has at least made the led blink, the RX blink, even though the result is still "Baud Rate Error". On the main board: - capacitors checked - resistors checked - link between arduino pins and drivers checked - darlington changed - drivers changed (now A4988) I have the heating bed with the 4,7K resistor placed on R4 and a 100K temp sensor. The temperature is pretty precise (I used IR thermometer) and the relay works (worked!) well. Anyhow, even though something was wrong on the mainboard shouldn't I manage to see the arduino board at least? can anyone please help me? Thank you
  3. ho... cr... !!! I did not know that the extruder motor does not run when the temperature set is too low.... and I have worked all this time unloading the filament with just 35°C !!!!!! :rolleyes: thx anyway
  4. May day may day We lost one engine! :eek: Hello everyone, that would be a nice, reaally smoothed version of my help request as I have been struggling with this ultimaker for days. I am exhausted! This Ultimaker 1st version works fine except for the extruder motor. There is no way it runs. I use Cura 15.01 What I did: 1. I unplugged the extruder motor connector and connected to the Z output. I began to pring and the motor spins in both directions. Motor OK 2. I swapped the drivers (the Z with the Extruder) to check them. Drivers OK 3. I tested the coil of the E motor by connecting two pins and then the other two. It seems to work too. 4. Did a standard ultimaker firmware upload. No differences. 5. I bought five brand new drivers. Same thing. 6. I checked resistors, capacitors, connection from the E driver to the arduino board. Is there anyone who had the same problem? Pleeease
  5. Hi guys! I have printed a lot of things with the Ultimaker but since a couple of months it has started to give me troubles. This famous "max temp reached" damn problem!! I sent a help request to the ultimaker support. Results? a lot of "try this" and "try that" type-emails going back and forth. The last one saying "if you had the ulticontroller instead of using your PC to print you would not have this problem" was the last nail in the coffin! :shock: If something does not work the way it is, why should I buy more things? c'mon... Aaaaand just yesterday, before finding this forum, I even saw a page where a guy was describing the same problem on the Ultimaker even using a Ulticontroller.... :mad: :mad: It is weird that the printer gets stuck only in the first layers, the bottom parts, probably cause the fan is off and the temperature gets a little higher? I dunno... Anyhow after having disconnected and connected all cables and connectors on the board at least 20 times I decided to dismantle the board and solder all the joints. And finally... FINALLY IT IS WORKING AGAIN !!! Even though the joints seemed to be good (I am pretty expert about soldering) probably the vibrations had made one "loosen" and it was not easy to see it. I soldered all the contacts on the Arduino board (soldering side only) and the Ultimaker board (same thing, only the bottom side). I really hope that this can be useful ! :-P :-P
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!