Jump to content

upliftedape

Dormant
  • Content Count

    2
  • Joined

  • Last visited

    Never

Community Reputation

0 Neutral
  1. I just posted a solution to this as a thread. I did a design of experiments to minimize stringing and maximize resolution. Admittedly, it's for the brownronze ultimaker PLA. http://imgur.com/a/5HG06#5 Try the following settings for PLA: Layer Height: 0.06 Shell 0.8 Fill Density 80% Print speed 150 print temp: 190 Retrac speed: 55 Distance:8 Travel speed 250bottom layer 50 infill 150 outershell 20 inner shell 20 cooling: 1s (yes I know, but it worked really well, you might be surprised.) Enable cooling: minimum 30
  2. I got tired of guessing. I did a 16 run design of experiments with the majority of single head extrusion Cura Settings. I used quick retractooze model from thingiverse as my my object of analysis (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:22263/#files). I used my own, relative, subjective 1-10 scale for stringing, resolution, and a combined aggregate score. I did my design in mini tab, then used it's analysis capabilities to create effect charts. This is the results of the study. http://imgur.com/a/5HG06#0 The last print I did had the following settings for lowest stringing possible ad high resolution. Layer Height: 0.06 Shell Thickness: 0.8 Fill Density: 80% Print Speed: 150 Print Temp: 190C Retrac Speed: 55 Distance: 8 Travel Speed: 250 Bottom Layer Speed: 50 Infill: 150 Outer Shell: 20 Inner Shell: 20 Fan: 1s Cooling Enabled, minimum speed 20 The next step is to use regression on the main effects and optimize overall print speed and quality. Will update additional settings after further analysis. GF wants dinner.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!