Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

lately

Dormant
  • Content Count

    4
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by lately

  1. Got much better results after making the following adjustments. - Bed leveled (still having trouble getting the first pass of the test print to stick but I'll leave that for another time) - 1.2mm Outer Wall - Moved my machine to a more sturdy surface (it was on a cart that sat slightly unevenly on casters and would rock during printing despite my best efforts.) One if not all of these things definitely cleared up the 'stippling' problem I was having. As for the superfluous extrusions on the scaffolding and print edges I discovered those were the result of an 'on print' support whose firs
  2. Now it looks like I spoke to soon. You can see in the images below that there is much more of the superfluous extrusions particularly around the scaffolding but in other places as well. There also are many more bumps on the sides of the prints that are facing each other where the nozzle moves from one figure to the other. What I am wondering now is what the quality of the mesh that gets imported into Cura might have on the final print? These files come from a 3D scanner and have tens of thousands of triangles, sometimes many more. Because of the imprecise nature of 3D scanning is it p
  3. Thanks for all of the responses. This community is fantastic. I've slightly lowered the temp and speed (200c and 40mm/s) and 2.5 hours into a 7 hour print things seem to be a bit cleaner. I hope to have the chance soon to run a few small calibration prints and learn a little more about the temperament of my machine. I have had a hard time finding USA suppliers of PLA and I know ColorFabb is thought pretty highly of. I did buy some Velleman 3mm white at our local MicroCenter and within a couple of hours on the first print had a clog that took the atomic method to clear. I measured the diamet
  4. I've had an Ultimaker Original for a year and a half now and as a 3D printing novice have had an overwhelmingly positive experience with the printer. However, I'm getting to the point now where I'm wondering if there is more that I can do to improve the quality of my prints. Most of what we print are busts of friends created using a Sense3D handheld scanner. While the stringing from these prints is not terrible there are a few issues I'm wondering if I can mitigate without significantly increasing print time. As I mentioned above the stringing is pretty minor but what I would like to
×
×
  • Create New...