Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

philippe44

Member
  • Content Count

    14
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral
  1. Answering my question - was the issue of problematic network drives. Don't know how I have missed that 😳
  2. I posted about this previously but my title was really not clear (I don't like to multipost but hope it's okay for once). Cura 4.7, that I've been using for a while suddenly would take 20-40 to load and then be unusable. It started after I installed Teams on my computer (I also installed have a few other apps that day, so I can only go back to the daily image as a whole). I've seen some related posts here and there but no solution worked. I tried to install 4.8 but no luck. I assume that some .Net or Visual libraries installed broke something, but I can figure out why. Does it ring a bell? Any
  3. I should add that after ~15 mins, Cura appears. Loading an objects takes another 10 minutes. Then I can rotate view till I modify something in which case it goes for another 10 minutes
  4. Cura 4.7 was working fine on a Win7 x64. Then, suddenly it does not start (display any window) any more. It's here, consumes about 52MB on memory and sits idle for ever, nothing visible. I've tried to update it to 4.8, no change. All I can do is relate that to install MSFT Teams that has probably added some extra VC++ or .Net components. If I move back to an image before that, it works normally, but the failure really seems to be connected the installation of Teams (I've installed a few other apps the same day, so difficult to corner the exact one). It's pretty frustrating as *everything* else
  5. Thanks for the feedback. I'm currently printing with the glued gear. Cross finger, so far so good after a couple of hours
  6. I've received the answer from my reseller. He is willing to help but does not seem to be aware of a better part. "We've seen a few of these issues. In the short term it's possible to put a little bit of super glue and then tap it with a hammer so it is flush with the axel to get your printer running. I'll see if we have some extra motors with gears around for warranty." Currently, I'm running a test with the gear super glued ...
  7. Thank you - I've contacted my reseller now and I will see. Again, sorry for venting it's just that I've invested so much time in my UM2 then UM2+ upgrade that when I saw again a massive feeder motor + under-extrusion problem, I blew a fuse
  8. Here is an example, but interestingly enough, the gear can go forward or backward. I also saw that somebody did a longer gear, but I only print PLA and I expect that it will not be strong/hard enough
  9. Thanks for answering guys. Unfortunately, there is no screw to hold the gear on the axis. So once I resisted to hit my UM2(+) with a hammer and calmed down, I tried to superglue the gear on the motor axis - I hope it will work, but if not, I might really (really) get rid of it. And it's unfortunate because I think it's a very good printer ... when it works.
  10. I usually don't write such post, but my level of frustration with my UM2 (upgraded to 2+) has gone beyond a reasonable level. The UM2 was my first 3D printer in early 2014. I was new to 3D printing, but I'm a 25+ years of experience engineer. On top of doing that for a living, at home I do SW development, my own HW design, PCB, CAD etc ... just to say that although I do a lot of mistakes, engineering is my daily activity. The UM2 worked very well for a couple of month, and then it started to be an under-extrusion nightmare. I already posted here and I tried a lot of fixes: ended replacing the
  11. Did you update the firmware? Yes I did (otherwise the feeder turns in the wrong direction)
  12. After almost a year of infuriating under-extrusion with my UM2 and trying everything (new head, teflon insulator, bowden tube, feeder and many other mods) I upgraded it with the 2+ kit. The mechanical work is not as smooth as described on the video :-) (my motherboard wiring was different) but I was able to get it done properly ... then when I switched the printer back on, the head crashed against the enclosure when homing. I switched it off immediately and dismounted again the motherboard cache to check for unconnected X/Y homing wires ... to finally discover that the new head dimension was d
  13. For me its more like, you fix one thing and another on flares up, but yeah I think my Girlfriend will leave me if I spent another night infront of my UM2 fixing it. I share your pain (I just received the upgrade kit today) but with the original one, after I decided to simply put the reel on the floor and let a good set of filament coils hanging to remove some tension, I saw massive improvment. I've replaced everything else before (feeder, bowden tube, filament guide, teflon insulator ...) without a consistent success. I'm under the impression that the (or some) filament when directly comin
  14. I have both (FFCP and UM2). I only print PLA, so my experience would be limited to that, and this is just one opinion, I'm sure some will strongly disagree :-). - The UM print quality if absolutely much better than the FFCP, using same resoluton and spending a reasonable amount of time "tweaking" them (I'm not the kind that goes crazy spending days and days tweaking) - On the FFCP, w/o a glassbed, object adhesion is a real nightmare but *once you've upgraded to glass bed* is prints with an incredible reliability - it just prints, period - The UM2, for the first 6 month I got it, was a rea
×
×
  • Create New...