Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

PBJ-Designer

Dormant
  • Content Count

    6
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

Personal Information

  1. Hi James I lowered the speed to 50 and set the layers to 0.4, and now it works great! I would however like some more solid layers, some of the smaller flat surfaces still have a very thin - almost non existing - surface which is juuuust connecting the surface with the rest of the print. How can I fix this - In my 3D model, the thickness of the material i 3 mm, but those darned flat surfaces seems to be proving a great amount of distress...
  2. There are no gaps in the side construction, that's all nice and solid. It's only the flat surfaces that fails every time
  3. Im printing with PLA, and I haven't changed the temperature, so that's the standard temeperature for PLA
  4. I've been having issues with my UM2 printer giving electric shocks recently. It's not a static "I've-rubbed-against-the-carpet-too-long" kind of shock, it's the "This-blue-spark-made-my-finger-go-numb-for-a-day" kind of shock. I've been trying to figure out what to do and find out what kind of problem could be at hand here, but so far no luck. Have anyone had an electric issue with your machines?
  5. Hi there! I've been having a bad time printing recently, my prints come out with really nice sides as always, but the flat surfaces are horrible! It's almost like it doesn't print a finishing surface on top of the infill. I've been trying to figure out what the problem could be, but even when tweaking cura and following different forum threads with problems similar to mine, I haven't been able to solve the issue! My cura settings are: layer height: 0.1 Shell thickness: 0.8 Bottom/top thickness: 2 Fill density: 40 Print speed: 70 Nozzle size: 0.4 Initial layer thickness: 0.0 Ini
  6. Hi Guys/Gals, I've finally stumbled upon a thread where people mention shocks or sparks! I've had serious issues with shocks from my UM2. When touching the cabinet, screws or any metal part - except from the print head - I can feel the buzzing of current, and when I touch more places than one, i get a snap at my fingers! I can't figure out where the issue is, I've tried moving it to different outlets and that didn't change a thing. At the moment I'm trying to home in on the issue, one part after another. Have anyone had a shocking experince like this, and how did you resolve it? This is
×
×
  • Create New...