3D Print posted by BrayChristopher
This is the first bad print I have had in a long time, and it sure was spectacular.
It was an over night print that went out of control.
Luckily all I had to do was heat up the nozzle and pull the blob off. Clean up the tip a bit and started a new print.
I was really surprised that this didn't caused a nozzle clog.
I wanted an enclosure for the UM2 that allowed the electronics to breathe more.
I had a hard time getting this to work. At first I tried to put all of the holes in the bottom face in the part model. But all those little perimeters made it difficult to print.
So I made the bottom side of the enclosure solid in the model.
In the slicer software (S3D), I set the number of top and bottom layers both to zero. And I set the number of shells to 10.
It didn't print perfect, but it printed better than any of my previous attempts.
3D Universe brand PLA
This is a random part for a machine at work.
We were very impressed how it turned out since it has thin walls and big overhangs.
I used the FAST settings in S3D with a few modifications.
The filament is 3D Universe PLA.