Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

mmcgraw74

Dormant
  • Content Count

    7
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Hi Monty, mmm, no, I have not noticed these "noises" ... perhaps the screw that adjusts the distance of the ball bearing was too tight and requires a greater effort from the feeder ? Guglielmo I did suspect the adjustment might be optimized for 1.75mm filament. So I'm currently running with the cap on the screw head not touching the "arm" and putting a small piece of filament between the arm and the block - seems to have eliminated the noises. I also printed a Robert version 2 feeder to replace the stock feeder.
  2. Guglielmo, Thanks for your great UM2 upgrade idea, and thanks to Tinkergnome for his great UM2 firmware update. I just installed my Tunell Filament Monitor on my UM2 as you described, but I had unusual noises in my feeder and noticed fairly high tension on the connection from the output of the filament monitor to the feeder. I moved my filament monitor closer to the feeder as my photo shows, using a longer bolt to attach to the left servo cover - now the feeder noise is gone. Thanks, Monty I also updated the monitor timeout to 16 seconds. I'll bet the 8 second default timeout is fi
  3. Guglielmo, Thanks for your great UM2 upgrade idea, and thanks to Tinkergnome for his great UM2 firmware update. I just installed my Tunell Filament Monitor on my UM2 as you described, but I had unusual noises in my feeder and noticed fairly high tension on the connection from the output of the filament monitor to the feeder. I moved my filament monitor closer to the feeder as my photo shows, using a longer bolt to attach to the left servo cover - now the feeder noise is gone. Thanks, Monty
  4. Hopefully the final update on my z-axis problems. My dropped layer issue returned after a couple of days. I contacted support again - they sent a replacement lead screw with attached servo. As I disassembled the leadscrew, I also removed the two vertical shafts and noticed oil on those shafts again. It appears when I put oil on those shafts some of it made its way down to the hole in the base and removing the shaft put more oil on it :( I tried to remove oil from the hole, sprayed both vertical shafts with brake cleaner spray (which really removes all the oil and any grease) and reassembl
  5. I put in my replacement bearings - much smoother action on the vertical shafts. I also took the opportunity to carefully clean the z-axis screw with a paper towel, turning the screw with my other hand. There are a couple of different tracks to clean. Then I regreased the z-axis screw with the package of grease that was included with the printer. I've been printing for a couple of days without the missing layer issue - fingers crossed Monty
  6. I'm having a very similar issue on my Ultimaker 2 that I purchased this month. I have a support ticket open - I even pulled the vertical bars and linear bearings off mine last night. I could easily pull the bearing up the bar, but it would 'hang' going down if I pulled the bearing near the top of the bar. Same thing for the second bearing and bar. I swapped the bars end for end and swapped the bearings between bars - same symptom. I put the printer back together (following the installation guide I found on github) and thought it might be a little better - but tried printing a 2 inch ta
×
×
  • Create New...