Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

GU_NGTB

Dormant
  • Content Count

    5
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

Personal Information

  • Country
    US
  1. So I just checked the alignment of the pulleys/belts with the other axis. They all look good with the exception of the back left pulley on the Y axis rod. It is pushing the belt slightly inward (which is most likely what is causing the belt tensioner to rub the block). The pulley that goes to the stepper motor and the first pulley with the belt going to the front of the machine are touching and thus cannot move to adjust the belt. The stepper motor pulley is just about touching the frame, so I don't want to move both of them over. Attached is what the set up looks like. I know pictures are ha
  2. Hey Neotko! I think so, but I will check that now. Just to clarify, the belt should be either directly above or directly below the rod for the 'other' axis. Center of the belt under/above center of the rod. I'll check it and take some photos. Thanks for the idea.
  3. Hey guys, So we tried all of that, and we are still having issues. - Loosened all of the set screws on the pulleys (12 of them) - Detached X/Y motors to get to said screws - Set pulleys on X/Y motors, loosely attached motors back on to frame - Set Motor pulleys on top rods, checking for alignment with pulleys on motors. - Starting on one side, squared axis using the wooden spacers, tightened pulleys - Continued on the other three sides - Confirmed that all four sides were square - Tightened down the X/Y motors to tighten belt - Added the spring belt tensioners included in the kit (I
  4. Thanks cloakfiend and SandervG! I will try out your suggestions and get back to you.
  5. Hello Informative Ulitmaker Community We have been running this particular Ultimaker Original+ since September (~5 months). A little bit ago we started to get print failures sporadically that seemed to be linked to a certain Z height. These problems were inconsistent and unfortunately no photos were taken at the time. Last night I started the print below knowing that it would take forever with all of the detail. Cura put the print time at just over 9 hours. You can see below the result. This was printed on an Ultimaker Original+ with Faberdashery Fire Truck Red PLA. Layer he
×
×
  • Create New...