Today while using my Ultimaker 2, i received the "x or y axis broken message. I had just started a print and at the start of the second layer, the machine started to malfunction, not being able to move in the x direction. After being stuck for a few seconds it moved fine in the y direction, then got stuck again, and gave the error message.
I then powered off the machine and attempted to move the nozzle and found that it is really had to move the nozzel in the x direction. The y direction is easier, but not as fluid as it should be.
My conclusion of the problem is the lubricant that i used about 1 week ago on the rods. I used "Shredder Lubricant" its says that it is bio-degradable and that it is a vegetable-based oil. It is liquidy, with a slight yellow tint. Here is a link to the product. http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/285661/Shredder-Oil-4-Oz/
After searching online, i didn't find anything that said this lubricant could be a problem, so i gave it a try. Unfortunately today i am noticing that the rods no longer feel very lubricated as well as have a somewhat sticky residue on the outer edges of the rods. Im guessing that this residue got inside of the print head and that is what is causing it to get stuck.
Thats my guess, but i could definitely be wrong. I would like some assistance on how i can fix this problem.