Jump to content

chrisbranson

Member
  • Content Count

    8
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by chrisbranson

  1. When I switched to polymer bearings I also had the same problem - typically this was caused by the polymer bearings binding and as a result moving the black blocks backwards and forwards, usually resulting in the shorter rod working its way forward until it fell out of the printer. My solution was similar to the one suggested, but I used these instead: - https://www.youmagine.com/designs/slider-block-clip I would imagine both could work equally well for you. I'm not 100% sold on using polymer bushings as they do have a habit of binding, but they are quieter and for the moment are working well for me with the block clips.
  2. Extruder motors have different steps per mm than the x/y/z motors - you need to adjust that in your customized firmware for E2.
  3. That's quite an old version of Mac OSX you appear to be running? I'm using OSX 10.11 (El Capitan) on a vintage iMac (24" mid 2007, 4GB) and using Cura 2.3 without any issues.
  4. Funnily enough, I had a very similar issue yesterday too. I'm also using Tinker-MarlinUltimaker2-16.12.1 and have the 3d Solex upgrades you do too, but not the Bondtech feeder. My printer's been happily printing all week, some long jobs, some small. Then, on a print yesterday, decided to stop about 1.6mm into a print for no apparent reason - exactly the same as you, print head stopped at a single position, filament oozing out into a blob where the print head was. The only difference was that my display simply said: - "ERROR - STOPPED" followed by "Go to ultimaker.com/support". I power cycled the printer, restarted the print from scratch, and it ran perfectly for the 4hr print time. I've had the same thing happen just after Christmas, but never before - both errors occurred on the latest Tinker firmware (I upgraded as I was getting the printing outside of area errors on the previous Tinker firmware).
  5. Can I please get more guidance on what exactly needs to change here? I have tried to make the change as suggested and not gotten it to work. I am sure I am just changing the wrong thing but am struggling. I am going to sound cranky here but why would anyone in their right mind set a default of brim for PLA? PLA sticks just fine! If PVA is being used then brim away...with the PVA! I love the default profiles but having to remember that brim is on every time I switch something is a real pain in the arse! :-) Thanks in advance for helping me! Open the fdmprinter.def.json file and look for the section "adhesion_type" and change the line: - "default_value": "brim", To: - "default_value": "skirt", That's the only change I made to that file and now all the default profiles show skirt as the adhesion type by default. Hmmmm...I am on OSX and when I make that change to the file that is in /Applications/Cura.app/Contents/Resources/resources/definitions/fdmprinter.def.json it seems to corrupt my setup. I get a dialog box asking me to add a printer and my two printers that were there are no longer! Are you windows or linux? Thanks, Will I'm on a Mac too - I did a fresh install of Cura 2.3.1, found that file inside the app and edited it using Atom. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/176278/fdmprinter.def.json That's the file I'm using - completely stock from the clean install, but with the default changed to skirt.
  6. Can I please get more guidance on what exactly needs to change here? I have tried to make the change as suggested and not gotten it to work. I am sure I am just changing the wrong thing but am struggling. I am going to sound cranky here but why would anyone in their right mind set a default of brim for PLA? PLA sticks just fine! If PVA is being used then brim away...with the PVA! I love the default profiles but having to remember that brim is on every time I switch something is a real pain in the arse! :-) Thanks in advance for helping me! Open the fdmprinter.def.json file and look for the section "adhesion_type" and change the line: - "default_value": "brim", To: - "default_value": "skirt", That's the only change I made to that file and now all the default profiles show skirt as the adhesion type by default.
  7. I've had these green artefacts in my print when using white PLA - my problem was a leak from the nozzle. Suggest you make sure the nozzle is tightened while hot to ensure a proper tight fit.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!