Jump to content

Kev_mc

Dormant
  • Content Count

    1
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

Personal Information

  • Country
    IE
  1. Last week I started a print on an Ultimaker 2+, after seeing that the first layer went down OK I went off and got lunch. I came back an hour later to find that the print had failed, as there was only a solid blob of plastic attached to the nozzle of the printer, with no part in sight. In fact the Olsson block was was completely covered with plastic, to the point where I had to disassemble the print head assembly and use a heat gun to get the plastic to release enough that I actually see the Olsson block at all. All the threaded surfaces are now covered in plastic. (See attached images.) I was wondering if anyone would know the root cause as to how this happened. My best theory is that the nozzle wasn't correctly tighten and that allowed for plastic to slip around it and cause all of the problems In summary: Print failed and the Olsson block was totally covered in plastic any suggests has to what might be the problem.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!