Jump to content

ErikR

Member
  • Content Count

    9
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

Personal Information

  • Country
    US
  1. Thanks, gr5. I have the aluminum spacer instead of the spring. The printer seems to be working fine. It was puzzling that it didn't tighten to a secure fit, but since it isn't "loose" and seems to be fine the way it is, I guess that's how it's supposed to be.
  2. Okay, never mind. I was putting the wrench in and trying to rotate the wrench itself instead of putting the wrench in and pushing it around to rotate the metal cylinder. I guess my next question is, how tight is it supposed to be? Turning one way (to the left) definitely loosened it, but turning the other way - while tightening it up some - doesn't get "tight", only slightly tighter than it was when loosened.
  3. *never mind this, but I have another question (in my reply) Until now, all the maintenance I've had to do on my Ultimaker 2+ has used the allen wrenches provided with the printer. Now though, I am trying to do the hot-end isolator tightening maintenance. The medium (2mm) wrench is too small, and the large (2.5 mm) is too large. I've also tried using Allen wrenches from a separate set I had (in those sizes) and the same thing happened. I've never done this maintenance before, so the hex connections should be as they were in the factory. Has anyone else had this problem? Do I need an in-between hex/Allen wrench (3/32 inch??? 2.25 mm???)? Why were Allen wrenches provided that don't work? Or do I need to replace the hot-end isolator?
  4. Thanks for the answers. I'll try moving the part and/or flipping the glass.
  5. My printer seems to be printing the sides thick and the middle (front to back) thin. The pic will probably explain it better than I can. How do I fix this? Thanks in advance, Erik
  6. Thanks for your help, both of you. I got it working again, and that was the happiest day of my life, in the last couple months anyhow. DidierKlein, your post got me headed in the right direction, so extra thanks to you. The problem was related to that screw on the bottom of the build plate. The clip that it would press against had become dislodged (I'd probably loosened the screws trying to fix an earlier problem without realizing what I was doing) and so the screw was lowering but the clip wasn't being closed, hence the noise as the motor continued trying to lower the build plate. Seriously though, I was so happy when the printer was fixed and started printing again. Happier than a kid in a candy shop. Floating on cloud 9. Beside myself with joy. The bees knees. Thanks again. -Erik
  7. I am getting an awful noise from my Ultimaker 2+ and it's unable to print anything. When the noise *does not* occur: When homing the print head When moving the print head manually When heating the print head and/or build plate When the noise *does* occur: When starting a print When raising or lowering the build plate maybe others? When I choose to raise the build plate, the noise (like a jackhammer, though not that loud) happens and the build plate does not move up (I touched it and felt a slight vibration). When I choose to lower the build plate, the build plate again does not move - it is already at the bottom of the printer, but normally it would stop trying - the noise continues. When I start a print, the noise happens and neither the print head nor the build plate moves. If there's anything else I can describe to help diagnose/fix this just let me know here. I can also take a video and upload it here though the quality won't be great.
  8. *Facepalm* Thanks, nallath. Works like a charm. Something I don't understand, if I am printing One at a time but I'm only printing one thing - why is the height limited since the height of the nozzle will never be higher or lower than the currently printed layer? But, thank you. That clears up a huge frustration here
  9. I have an Ultimaker 2+ with Cura 2.1.2. I'm trying to print a set of pieces with different heights. I noticed that when I put in the taller ones, they automatically scaled down to 52 mm. When I changed them back, Cura wouldn't slice the project. Trying something else, I disabled automatic scaling. When I added the > 52 mm print, it wouldn't slice. I looked through Cura settings to see if anything jumped out at me. Nothing, so I looked online. Everywhere online. The max print volume for the Ultimaker 2+ should be around 205 mm, but Cura won't let me do anything above 52 mm. I've seen some promising answers about changing certain settings, but my Cura doesn't seem to have those settings. If the solution is complex, fine, I'll work on it. If it's simple, fine, I'll smack my forehead and get it done.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!