Jump to content

Marneus68

New member
  • Content Count

    6
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

Personal Information

  1. Hello, I've recently updated from Cura 2.5 to 2.6 on one of my machines. I created a specific profile which seems to create the best results from my prints and this hasn't changed. Now, after attempting to prepare a new print I noticed that the new slicing results seemed to use almost twice the quantity of support material as on my machine that wasn't updated to 2.6. After looking carefully, it seems to me that 2.6 puts support where none is needed and I can't seem to find any way to turn that new behaviour off. Any help would be much appreciated. I've included some pictures for reference. This is the result of the slicing in Cura 2.5: This is the result of the slicing in Cura 2.6:
  2. Hello, I started a print yesterday and let it run overnight. It all started great, but when I came back to work this morning I was greeted by the following mess: The print is relatively large and takes almost all the space on the print bed. It had to manually level said bed in order to make the brims and first layer stick better to the base. It seems to me that the nozzle may have been stuck in some places resulting in some sort of offset on the upper layer, thus resulting in the birds nest you can see up there. Here are the details that make me think this might have happened, however I wasn't there to see the printing process: Any idea of what might have happened as well as tips or suggestions as to how to avoid it?
  3. Like I said I'll try everything that doesn't involve making the bed too hot on my next print. The video is great, don't worry! I printed a smaller piece yesterday by fixing the leveling and it came out exactly as expected, so I can safely say that my scale problem is no more. Thanks everyone for the help.
  4. That may be the cause then, we'll be trying another print soon. I'll be more careful when removing the support material.
  5. Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer my question; Thanks for linking me to this video, I was probably not clear enough in my OP. I initially had an issue with the brim being ropy and not sticking to the bed but I fixed it by making the bed slightly hotter. I will attempt the other techniques in the video you linked, including the trick with the screws. Thanks for pointing that out. I paid attention to that after ending up with a print at a totally wrong scale in an earlier attempt. I'm pretty sure the scale and sizes shown in cura were the proper ones for that print. I still have the gcode of that print and after a cursory search it seems that the Z size for the last layer are the correct ones. It seems that the piece has been put hot water to get rid of the support material and I'm noticing that it warped the print in places. Could the hot water used to remove the support material have caused the print to "expand" somehow?
  6. Hello, We recently acquired an Ultimaker 3 Extened at work, its higher vertical resolution is an important criteria for us. One of our prints is roughly 29 cm high and it looked properly scaled in Cura, however the resulting print ended up being a whole centimetre taller than expected. I had to slightly increase the material extruder temperature (210°C for PLA) and the bed temperature (75°C) to avoid warping problems on the print and brims and the brims not sticking to the bed plate properly. This was inspired by the answers provided in this topic: https://ultimaker.com/en/community/6153-pla-not-sticking-to-the-bed-and-warping. Is there any possible cause for that size discrepancy between the model and the resulting print. Best regards;
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!