Hello, this is my first post -- I'm new to the world of 3D printing and the Ultimaker 3 is my first 3D printer. I really like it and have been learning all I can about it, but, I'm running into a few things I hope someone can help out with. I'm using Cura 2.5 and Ultimaker PLA and PVA material in dual extrusion.
1) In order to make prints easier to remove, I'm starting to use a PVA raft -- it works really well. The problem is that it when a raft is selected, the print no longer includes the initial material "priming blob" at the start of the print for the PLA after the PVA raft is placed. The result is that initial placement of PLA is lost and the print is ruined. This doesn't happen on brim. Is this a known issue or am I setting something up incorrectly?
2) I've noticed since I started using raft rather than brim, the print heads look to be frequently be off in Z where they will scrape the top layer of the print as they travel to different parts of the build plate. I've never seen it do that when not using raft.
3) As a result of #2, I have PLA residue coated all over my PVA extruder nozzle. Is there a way to clean that off since its sometime causing auto-build plate levelling failures since the build up on the nozzle throws off the reading.
4) There appears to be a problem with the firmware in how it displays remaining time. For example, it will say "2hr 1min", "2h 0min", "1hr 0min", and then "1hr 59min". It looks like the hour display is updated before it should be when compared to the minute display. It will display that wrong time for what looks like a minute.
5) This is a little annoyance but still I feel should be addressed -- at the start of prints when the print head puts down that small "priming blob", it will put it right in front of the internal camera which blocks a good amount of view of the build plate. Can it be moved somewhere else?
Thanks for any help anyone can provide on these questions.