Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

3 Neutral

Personal Information

  • Country

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. I was having the same configuration + 2 UM3E connected via Ethernet on Cura 4.4. Since I have reverted to 4.2.1 no more disconnects. I have 2 bugs opened on 4.3 and 4.4. They were said by Ultimaker team to contribute to the problem (shadow printers created in background, material issue on projects) @nallath told that the fix will be on 4.5. But it was before the 4.4.1 release.
  2. I've done a fresh install of Cura 4.2.1, removing the user/Application Support/Cura folder from my Mac before making the install. So I should have been able to retrieve the plugin from the Marketplace, as I've done for your plugins without any problem. Is there any other location on macOS for Cura to store the settings and plugins ?
  3. Hi Everything is in the title. I cannot find the RepRapFirmware plugin in the Marketplace, though I have installed it previously on another Cura instance (4.3 and 4.4). I had to downgrade to 4.2.1 with a fresh install due to numerous bugs, but I'm unable to reinstall the plugin. Thanks for your feedback
  4. Due to multiple issues with Cura 4.3 and 4.4 on projects / materials and constant disconnections of the networked printer (though all my printers / devices are on ethernet), I have reverted to Cura 4.2.1 beginning of this week. Since, no more disconnections.
  5. No still the same for a year now. Thanks ! If I have some more informations or a solution, I will post it. BTW my other UM3E doesn't have that issue though I don't care much of the glass plates.
  6. Good to know. Thanks For the moment, I've reverted back to 4.2.1 which doesn't have the issue.
  7. Hi @Crystalvalen I am aware of the connectors issue. I had to repair them on my two UM3E. In fact the sensor is working. A bit too well because it get somehow saturated before the nozzle touches the build plate and detects that the capacitive charge has reached a plateau -> for the printer it has triggered the right height. But it's in the air ..... I have a doubt about the glass plate accumulating too much charge with the 3D Lac coating. I don't clean my glass plates that often and when printing PETG or Nylon I can have a thicker coat.
  8. Here's my 4.3 folder https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5oacccf87icomoy/AACS80n5rcVkErecJEK3KORca?dl=0
  9. Hi @territerriterri I also have the issue you've mentioned. I'm the author of it. I have made a fresh install of 4.3 before making this thread, just importing materials and profiles from my previous 4.3 version. So no upgrade done for that one, then upgraded to 4.4. I don't have anymore the 4.3 folder inline because I am reverting to 4.2.1 at the moment. Here's my 4.4 folder https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y0gdmw76onfw8h4/AACLe6B-PLjHSUYYizYOPWRUa?dl=0 I need to restore the 4.3 folder from my TimeMachine backup and will post it right after.
  10. I have created a issue in GitHub https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/6731 But the answer from Ultimaker team is not reassuring at all, as it seems to be a new feature, that will lock the Cura users which are not using the Ultimaker ecosystem. Given the current bugs and new features, I will revert back to Cura 4.2.1 if I want to keep doing my print services business. If Ultimaker wants to go to the professional market with an open product, they should be professional regarding software development and testing
  11. Hi Nallath I just uninstalled the SideBar GUI Plugin and relaunched Cura I opened the initial project, updating material / profiles and the issue #2 is still there. My material settings have been reverted to the default generic material I've opened the project a second time, with the same results. So the bug seems to be inside Cura project management
  12. Hi since 4.4 I have a couple of issues linked with the usage of projects (it's my usual way of working). I have created a dummy project with the following materials and settings (dual extrusion with Nylon and PVA) UM3E_Support extrudeur QR 3.3mf First issue When opening the project previously created on Cura 4.4, and updating the materials / profiles, PVA material is declared incompatible with the configuration. Though is has been created a couple of minutes ago and no changes made to Cura. The material have been updated with wrong properties. This issue appears quite often Second issue Again, opening the same project will load wrong parameters for the material 1 (I didn't made the tests on material 2) These settings are in fact the default one for the Generic Nylon from which the custom material has been created. With these two issues, projects are now useless, as you either f...k up the configuration or need to recheck every thing. Too many bugs since 4.3 release ... developers team should concentrate on bug fixing and non regression instead of introducing new features every couple of weeks.
  13. I have the same issue on a UM3E. The printer is running for nearly 8 days without any significant stops, just time to unload the print and restart a new one. The fan is correctly installed, no sign of loose connection (no ER17 or ER18). The next electric appliance is an UM S5 0,6 m away and had been there for a year.
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!