Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

adshale_de

Dormant
  • Content Count

    10
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

Personal Information

  • Country
    GB

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Hi, I've been trying to get the auto levelling working consistently on the Ultimaker 3 Extended at my office, but every time I use it on the printer, it moves the print head too close to the surface of the glass. The first layer is "smeared" onto the glass, with it either being paper-thin in places, or so close that nothing extrudes. I have managed to overcome this issue by manually levelling, and I can get accurate prints every time this way. Has anyone had any similar issues, and if so, how have you managed to overcome this?
  2. I can confirm that it didn't knot up, no. The filament was still loose, and hadn't become taught on the spool. I triple checked this, having had a similar issue where the PLA entangle on an earlier test print, and had stripped out on the feed motor to the AA motor. (This was due to a mistake on my part, rather than a systemic issue). As for the moisture, its possible that air con could have affected it, but doesn't AC actually dry the environment, rather than make it more humid? Humidity is looking like the most likely culprit, and coupled with the constant on-off natur
  3. Unfortunately, I wasn't near the printer when it clogged, so the I'm not sure on the exact failure mode. When I spotted that it had failed, the feed screw had stripped out the filament on the feed, so I can't confirm whether the stripped filament was as a consequence of the clog, or the clog was as a consequence of the stripped out filament. The part was a very detailed model of a complete truck cab, and so yes, there may have been little bits of PVA each layer. As you say, its possible that the constant fluctuation in heat cycle for each layer, was enough to cause the material to
  4. Got it! 250C did it. Cranked the temperature up, and the hot-pulls worked like a dream. I reduced the temps and purged it with some PVA filament, and all seems okay. Thanks for the help!
  5. I wasn't but I'll give it a try tomorrow. I'll remember that, thanks. I tended to use the default PLA temperature that Ultimaker suggested for the "hot pull". I did however try 215, and had no better luck with this. There was no popping or crackling that I noticed. As I say, it was a new reel, and was only opened when the print was started. Could it really degrade that quickly?
  6. Hi all, I'm having similar problems with my BB core also. It's a new Ultimaker 3, with a freshly opened reel of 750g PVA fed into the machine, so cleanliness shouldn't be an issue. It was running a big job (due to take 5 days), but last night (3 days in), the BB nozzle clogged and failed to continue extruding. I have been trying unsuccessfully all day to clear it, using hot and cold PLA pulls, as per the UM3 help. Initially, I did get some residue out, and it was almost black, so well and truly carbonised! However, the PLA I've been using has now given a cone tip as if it was
  7. I'm not sure I follow you. How does the "regular fan speed at height" give me the information on bed levelling? The default is set at 0.57mm for "Regular Fan Speed at Height". In terms of error message, I only get an error on the printer, stating that the difference between head height is too large when I do automatic levelling. As far as I am aware, this is on the printer itself, and not in Cura (therefore I have no log to send over). I've manually adjusted the bed today, so that the three screws are tighter, and the bed sits much lower. Automatic levelling ran, and us
  8. It doesn't rapidly move into the glass - there is a gap after it rapidly moves, and it slowly moves towards the glass, and then continues to move into it once it has made contact. I actually half expected to hear a "clink" of cracked glass the force it was applying! The head is clear of debris, and I have tried removing both print cores and re-seating them, in case there was an issue with this; exactly the same as before. Is there a way to test the capacitive sensor?
  9. Hi, My company bought an UM3 before Christmas, and I have been asked to look after it. Since purchase, I have had an issue using the auto bed levelling. It appears to be using the raise print head lever the wrong way around. Manual calibration works perfectly. When levelling either head, it pushes the head into the bed with such force that it compresses the bed springs fully. it appears it is trying to calibrate the 1st head, using the sensor on the 2nd. Similarly, when the 2nd head is lowered, it tries to calibrate using the sensor in the 1st head. It's alm
  10. I also am having this issue. Brand new Ultimaker 3 Ext, delivered on Monday, and did the latest Firmware update today. I haven't previously used dual extrusion, as only did a test print on single extrusion. Today, asked the print to do dual extrusion and it tried to auto calibrate but failed. On active calibration, it lowers 2nd print head and then tries to calibrate 1st print head, then raised the 2nd head and pushes the frame of the print head into the surface because the 2nd nozzle isn't "present". It is almost as if the auto-calibration routine has the "raise print head" the opposite way
×
×
  • Create New...